1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic WHL#62 Ayrton Senna's Lotus 98T

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by moodyryder, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Justray2000

Justray2000 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    1:30:303 - PC
    [​IMG]
    This was at 100% turbo
    Can only do one lap at 100% turbo then the engine is toast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fbrg90, svenvangent, Fab85 and 6 others like this.
  2. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

@Justray2000 :

"The Rules.
    Mode: Hotlap
    Time of day: Free
    Ambient Temp: 26 Degrees
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free

If it isn't mentioned here then assume the setting is free."

-----

If you want to you can turn the mechanical damage off. This will give you chance to get into a rhythm with the boost at 100. Even if you aren't comfortable setting a time that way, you can at least do 20 continuous practice laps. Once you're happy you could turn damage back on, and go for the big one.

I can usually get 4 laps out of it, but looking at my time I'm not ragging it hard enough!

3. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

With turbo at 100% I can run 2,5 lap and then a blown engine

4. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

NooB question!!!!
    Can anyone help me with an easy explanation ( if possible) of the differential settings plz.
    No matter how I set the 3 options up, it just feels the same because I haven’t got a clue how they effect the car.
    Like What’s the best way to have it with this car and how to go about setting it.

5. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Slight Improvement!!

1:24.499 - X1

[​IMG]

Yesterday I gave up because after 2 hours I couldn’t improve at all, today 1st Lap and bam!!! Slight improvement
    I’d say that’s it for me, I’m shocked I’ve managed a 24. Think I got lucky somewhere.
    Tag_mclaren and Phils WOW!! 23’s is outstanding guys.
    Maybe if I had 10 years or more to practice
    I’d love to see a video and see where I’m loosing 2 secs though.
    Absolutely Loved the combo Moody, thanks!!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  6. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Thanks PhilS13, your setup helps. I've already shaved 0.5 seconds off my fastest lap. I have no idea how to translate some of the settings to PS4, particularly camber - the max front negative camber on the PS4 is -5, but something has helped massively. The car feels more stable. I can now take Tamburello flat out most of the times. I'm guessing it is increasing the aero. I've been avoiding doing that because of the drop in speed it brings. In fact, until I saw your setup, I've been decreasing aero values to get more speed.

Hopefully I can manage a sub 1:26 before the deadline.

Hugo Catarino and Lewisxbone like this.
  7. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

I was just grabbing a video but I guess...
    Improvement - 1.22.684
    [​IMG]

@the3ws On PC I'm not running a lot of camber these tyres don't need much. I don't know if you have a "live" settings display with the real values instead of the slider values but those looks like this on PC so not much actual camber no matter what the sliders say.
    [​IMG]

@Lewisxbone here. The car can still go faster but this is getting close and it's incredibly clean so it shows you don't need to overdrive the car at all.

Diff settings there is rarely a good and bad way to do it. Some like high numbers, some like low and both can be fast. Low numbers will make the car easier to rotate but might make the inside wheel spin, high numbers will keep it going straight but will make the rear end slides snappier. Power is on-throttle, Coast is off-throttle, Preload is the floor at which the two other numbers start to matter. If you use high preload you won't feel any difference changing Power and Coast. Start with very low preload and try to feel differences changing the others. This car is really not the best for that though too much is happening too fast but maybe test on other cars.

8. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Thanks Phil much appreciated

9. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

1:23.885 - X1 - WTF!!!

[​IMG]

10. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, Phil, the screenshot is helpful. Yes we do have live settings. I'll adjust camber so my values match yours.

Great video, by the way.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

phil 1:22:x and lewis 1:23:x - crazy guys!!! :cool::cool::cool: - congratulations and again many thanx phil for sharing information. :)
    when my perfect lap is together i can see a 1:27 - but dont think i bring it together - than 4s faster is just inspiration. you guys are just too good.:D;)
    i love this game and the potential it has. just amazing.:)
    when i remember what i played like 20 years ago its like in heaven nowadays :)

special congrats again to lewis - there was a time he was not much faster than me but he has improved so much. this is outstanding! you are really fast, mate!:)

12. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Thanks mate!!!
    It still takes me a full week and probably around 1000 laps or more to improve my times though.

It amazes me every week how the aliens can just do it straight away and get such incredible times at the beginning of the week.

sissydriver and Hugo Catarino like this.
  13. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

Improvement 1.28.886

So glad i made it under 1.30, which was my goal for today!my best 3 sectors put together give me a 1.27 but i would have to do 1 million laps to achieve it.i was struggling a lot to get bellow a 1.30.109,gave up,returned and after a couple of laps and re-tries,i did it-with a 1,2second margin :) IMG_20180107_172421.jpg

14. Fab85

Fab85 Hardcore Simmer

1:25:464 - PC -Dualshock 4

[​IMG]

It was a busy week, tried the combo only today, manage the acceleration is a total pain with that beast :eek:, with no much time for try something phil's setup is very helpful, gj ;)

15. Hugo Catarino

You are a God,how on earth did you manage do pull a 1.25 with a ds4?i had to sweat a lot to do a 1.28 with it :D

16. Fab85

Fab85 Hardcore Simmer

And before the last 2 curves (the easiest damn o_O:mad:) i was about 1.15 seconds faster compared to my previous best lap, but i came out on the last curve with 0.67 :confused:, maybe a 1:24:999 was possible:D, but now all this laps in only one day with that car are shaking my eyes like a roller coaster, i can't reply again a lap near my limit, it's the time for a new challenge now :D

17. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 1:25.511
    Assetto Corsa_11.jpg

18. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Saturday January 7th 22 UK time.
    Final Result.

1 - 1:22.684 PhilS13
    2 - 1:23.520 TAG___McLaren ps4
    3 - 1:23.885 Lewisxbone xb1
    4 - 1:25.246 HavanaBOB xb1
    5 - 1:25.464 Fab85 pc
    6 - 1:25.511 the3ws ps4
    7 - 1:26.524 svenvangent ps4
    8 - 1:26.826 BrainsBush pc
    9 - 1:27.212 Fbrg90 pc
    10-1:28.444 sissydriver pc
    11-1:28.886 Hugo Catarino ps4
    12-1:29.982 moodyryder ps4
    13-1:30.303 Justray2000 pc
    14-1:31.337 Laughing Gravy PS4
    15-1:33.091 olevet ps4
    16-1:40.724 flyingcarrot xb1
    17-1:41.188 paul_wev pc

One set of Aliens move out and two more immediately take their place! PhilS13 takes the win by nearly a second. Well played Sir. Thanks as well for sharing the information that helped a lot of other players. TAG___McLaren takes console honours with a 1:23, and Lewisxbone puts in another stellar performance for third.

Thanks to all who played, it seemed to divide opinion this one. The new challenge will be up shortly.

19. Hugo Catarino

thanks for another challenge moody,i personally loved it!this badboy is a tough one to deal with,and imola is always challenging.it was a great combo ;)

sissydriver, olevet, paul_wev and 2 others like this.
  20. Improvement 01:22.923
    Congats to phils13, well done 26220794_10214887632566390_45828529842983417_o.jpg