1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why I don't play ACC as much as others..

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by CrazyJow, Jun 12, 2023.

1. iVG

iVG Alien

Just because they don't use it doesn't mean it's not useful. I can assure you that TC2 does a lot more things that they give it credit for. Yes, it may not be perfect (yet) but it certainly is different than TC1 in the way it engages and you can run lower TC1 if you give yourself some extra TC2. For example in the 720 Evo TC1 on 2 and TC2 on 3 works very well if you add some extra ARBs for transient stiffness.
    Trust me. It works.

2. DennisSuarez

DennisSuarez Gamer

I honestly suggest to take some time and learn about setups and driving the car. If you are 4-6 seconds off the pace, I doubt a paid setup will get you closer, it is most likely a skill issue: I have improved a lot since I started, and these are my tips:

Learn about setups, what each setting changes in the cars behavior (to understand what to change when, for example, car oversteers under braking (too much pitch), or car understeers in high speed corners (not enough rake) things like this.
    Learn about weight transfer (during braking, acceleration and turn in, which will help you understand how to maxime grip on tyres) -> Trailbraking is part of this weight transfer, an inmensely important skill to master
    Learn how to maximize grip (for example, not turn the steering wheel too much or too fast on slow corners)

This requires time, is like studying. But it benefits you in the long run and you enjoy the game so much more when you really learn this kind of stuff

Edit: I am just giving you tips that helped me improve, maybe you know some of this stuff already, just trying to let you know things that I feel are very important

Tundra likes this.
  3. CrazyJow

CrazyJow Rookie

Please delete this post and tread.

4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Don't blame you.

Ever notice how the self-proclaimed "experts",... never agree on how to set up a car !

And the same "experts" also insinuate that your problem is, you don't know how to drive.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2023
    CrazyJow likes this.
  5. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Very much my thoughts.
    But then again, they spend hours if nt days, building a setup.

6. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

A car doesn't have to be setup the same way to reach similar results.

7. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

And hence, to their personal taste as how they prefer the car to handle.

As allways,...

CrazyJow likes this.
  8. CrazyJow

CrazyJow Rookie

Please delete this post and tread.

9. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Then why expect 'experts' to agree on how to setup a car?

10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I don't,... but they should not assume their setups will suit anybody else.

11. CrazyJow

CrazyJow Rookie

Please delete this post and tread

12. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Every time you post this you draw attention back to the thread. Let it go and eventually it will die.

AndyK70, LATE4APEX and After_Midnight like this.
  13. s3stelios

s3stelios Rookie

Acc has become more an arcade than ever.1.9 is a complete failure from Kunos.Setup exploits still work but they tell us “DONT USE THEM”…are you for real.On a rain race you can use abs 1 and believe me the car stops better,on makka you can use tc 0 at eau rouge flat on rain…come on guys is this realistic?Do you believe that there is a Gt3 car in irl that uses tc0 on exit corner to avoid time loss from spinning?Thats only justified on Aris discord community,if you say otherwise you are banned.Mercedes is one of the most friendly driving car on irl,I have been lucky to have irl gt3 factory Mercedes drivers friends who can testified that,on acc with the irl BOP to extract time out of it you must be McCormack or at that level.I have all Humo and gosetups motec data,brake is an on off situation on most cases,where is the trail braking?Is it realistic not to trail?Slaming the brake doesn’t give the rear movement under braking as it happens on all cars,is that realistic?Real bop can not be implemented on cars that have less to do with the irl cars because of missing crucial data as Aris stated many times. I am one sec of the pace and have 2500 hours on acc fan boy from the beginning but now…sorry that’s enough.I am 46 and waited the update like a 20 year old boy,I love simracing and I want to drive a sim that’s for real and gives me the closest to irl feeling,I got so disappointed with 1.9 not fixing the issues that community was shutting for so long.Excuses doesn’t work for me any more,you had the time that we gave you to make all things right,at least fix some,but no everything is like before.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2023