1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why is ac so much better than netkar pro?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Coopz, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Thanks for your honest feedback aristotelis we understand why you have to do the things the way you have too , but because we love assetto so much it drives us crazy guessing whats coming up . But patience is a virtue and we have no choice so its tuff lol :eek::D:D

2. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

Every person wants a different car and developers choose models who want to add to the game. I think there are many great licenses at this time.
    Thus it is with the simulator'm happier, many big brands will be present in this project.

3. DMoMaximus

DMoMaximus Gamer

Aristotelis, thank you for the input and especially the open dialog. Great work from all of you. No there is no way to please everyone, personally I like the updates the way they are, it's like a birthday present! I mean, when was the last time someone gave you a Mercedes SLS? Where do I send the thank you card?!

4. Rumors say AC is out in November :) LoL

5. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

It's officially confirmed: AC 1 will be released late November! :D

Joking apart, I agree with what Aris said, speculations will never end. Personally I'm a kind of guy who doesn't stick to things as there weren't other things in the world. My life is (in it's little size) full of events, AC just sits in between other things, and the world isn't stopped until the LaFerrari will be released, there are other things in between. Also, why do people want so much updates? Don't them enjoy what the update brings with itself? All the peoples who are constantly asking for new content sound to me like girls who want always go shopping. Damn, you got that bag / that car, enjoy it! What is it here for?

For me these updates are like gifts, even with the update 0.10 (if I remember right) , which brought to us 'only' multiplayer (I don't have friends to race with) was a gift for me, lots of things changed with multiplayer, even if I didn't had the game at that time.

Also please don't be so egocentric when an update doesn't reflect your expectations. I was (going on with the example) very happy for the other people when the multiplayer was released, I really like reading of great races and watching wheel to wheel battles in YouTube (which was my way of living the game when I hadn't it), I enjoyed that update even if no other cars or tracks or features were implemented. Some updates just aren't for you, they were released for peoples who expected them. But we all receive them, and there's not really any reason to not being happy when a new thing arrives, just enjoy what you get ;).

This is just my opinion, it's not against someone, just a thought about some comment I rode at every update release, just because the poster's speculations were wrong... :)

6. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Meh I saw Real tracks, Real cars on PC! I'm in. Nuff said.

7. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

On the Amiga. man you got late into the game.. i had Lotus esprit turbo challenge on the Sinclair ZX spectrum (48k) despite how horrible it looked it was one of my favourite spectrum games of all time..

Made by Durell. the same people that made saboteur 1 and 2 (ninja games)
    [​IMG]

alex72 likes this.
  8. Metla

Metla Rookie

Funny enough the Lotus content in AC reminded me of Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge (I was addicted to car games at that time....still suffering from the same condition 2 decades later), and that connection prompted me to buy AC (well that and the fact it was on steam, is mod friendly, and looked gorgeous)

9. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

Because it's true. :D I'd never buy a french or an italian car.

Tim Meuris and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  10. Turk

Turk Alien

It;s true about French cars and the cold. I have a C4 and we had a particularly cold winter for Ireland two years ago and my car didn't like it at all. At one point the back wheels were locked up which was fun on icy roads.

11. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

yet my brothers C4 managed a 250 mile journey from birmingham to cornwall in snow and has never acted up when its been cold or snowy.

12. Turk

Turk Alien

My car must just be extra French, it went on strike.

13. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Is he aware and has he corrected that then?

14. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

15. Well, on topic (ish) of that Lotus license.....how about the best lotus that no one knows about? The...original hennessey venom...1997 Elise GT1?

[​IMG]

-600 HP (They say. It didn't though. Not even remotely.)
    -915 kg (They say. It didn't though. Not even remotely.)
    -Bonus features were the numerous fires that occurred (watch from pt.1-5 and you'll see 2 lotusesesessesss catch fire in 1 race )
    -Looks like a kit car (most people say)
    -Was in an NFS game at some point over a decade ago (what car wasn't?)
    -Properly homologated (they say)
    -Was very slow compared to the fastest cars like the McLarens and Mercedesesssesesss (scientific fact)
    -Was an extremely expensive way to lose a race (scientific fact)
    -Was more unreliable than an old Lancia....Some team bought one and tried to race it in 2003. It lasted 7 laps and broke. (scientific fact)

BTW it was a joke request. Well, sort of...okay not really ;)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
    Salajutsu likes this.
  16. would be nice that all devs form AC would be kind like you.
    but there are one that really treats us very bad, banning us all over the place, menacing to ban people etc...if that is the way AC treats their clients,,, you are gonna loose clients. obviously im not talking about you, i think everyone knows who we are talking about, no need to name... just look how many times he menace to ban people. i could post a quote here, just after someone pointed him that he wrote something wrong and needed to be fixed.
    After all we are your clients, and i v'e never seen a single corporation treat like that clients.

17. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

It's not the snow, but the cold. You can have -1 celcius and snow. ;)

18. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

i did quite clearly say , he has never had any issues when its been cold OR snowy :)
    In other words regardless of whether there is snow on the ground or not, we have NEVER had issues due to anything to do with the weather. Wet, Dry, Cold, Hot, Snowy, Rainy, Beautiful sunshine. Nothing... In fact he has now had it 5 years and apart from things like tires, the only problem he ever had was he needed his AC topping up, as it wasnt working fully. one quick trip to the garage later and its all fixed. he has ever had issues with it not starting or acting sluggish or anything of that nature.. hell he didnt even have that kind of problem with his old fiat panda either

Hence why Turk said " my car must just be Extra french" as in.. perhaps his car is just temperamental.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  19. Turk

Turk Alien

It could be, but it happened during Ireland's worst weather in decades. For the most part in Ireland it doesn't get all that cold in the winter, quite often we don't get anything more than some frost with temperatures barely getting down to freezing all winter long. That winter we had -18c which is unheard of.

Other than that it's been bullet proof, I've been very rough with it over the years, it's a 2005. It's had all four wheels off the ground thanks to surprise bumps in irish roads, I backed it up onto a wall and got it stuck once without any damage, it's eats rough surfaces and sleeping policemen for breakfast and I once gave a nissan GTR a run for his money with it on twisty Irish roads.

20. Not sure what you mean by saying cold? In Finland there could be over -30 C and it can cause some issues with electronics.
    With some of the french cars (ok, some Audi's also) there's issues with freezing cranckcase ventilation pipes too but that's completely different story.