1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why kickvoting is so pointless?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Goodvibe13, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Goodvibe13

Goodvibe13 Gamer

Hi,
    It has been a few weeks that on Bandito servers (are these from Kunos?) on Nord.tourist, a wrancker just sits there and screws everyone'run.

It is beyond real, the guy called prodigy/stephanebleuze just spends hours in the middle of the road, not even moving, just strategically positionned on racing line, puching all cars passing by. Literally hours. Kind of pervet/narcissic I guess.

But what is even more beyond real, is that there were never enough votes to kick him. Never.

Why is this kickvoting so badly implemented?
    Is there a way that the guy running Bandito servers makes the vote more effective?
    Something like only 3/4 people enough to kick someone.
    I have seen this guy for a while now, how is he able to come back and do it again is beyond me tbw.

marcinmarcin79 and Enzo Martin like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions kickvoting modify May 9, 2017

3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I remember only one occasion when kicking worked, and it was on AB server. Full of people who actually HAVE brains.

That being said server had minorating, which should eliminate such behaviour. But these were "elite" wreckers I guess, who are able to achieve A or B rating.

There are two problems (maybe more) why kick voting doesn't work: First, People are to busy to vote while driving on the limit. And second, it is not always easy to identify who is who, some people doesn't even know how to enable driver names above their cars.

I have been brainstorming something about statistics and public contacts/wins points in suggestions subforum here. I had an idea that it would be nice to have players who crash into others a lot marked by some symbol, or color or anything. It would be nice to always know who is more likely to be skilled, and with whom to be more careful.

Also would be something nice to achieve and keep.

Right now it is possible to view your contact points of Minorating, and it is always very interesting to check.

4. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I think the percentage of votes it can adjust the administrator, but also think that not everyone can move the steering wheel to the keyboard to vote, nor those using gamepad.

If you could use a steering wheel button to vote would be easier.

esox71 likes this.
  5. LeiF

LeiF Alien

The % required for a vote to pass is set by the server admin. If you do the maths you will realise there is no percentage that works well with all numbers of people in the server. So if you set it to 50% then 3 people in the server only requires one vote to kick (as the vote-ee does not get to vote). This same percentage with 32 players makes it almost impossible to vote kick. The workaround: don't join those servers where W grade are allowed... if everybody just left and went to servers that the W's cannot join they will soon get bored and go out and mug old ladies like they probably normally do in their spare time (the filthy scum :) )

BrandonW77 and SvenUilhoorn like this.
  6. Goodvibe13

Goodvibe13 Gamer

Hey thanks for your answers, but the servers I am talking about are Bandito's ones, among the most used servers by far, especially on Tourist, I would prefer a better solution than just me going away in the search of a clean server.

Indeed it ain't easy to vote while driving,
    but there were ongoing votes every 30 secs, I mean while driving and seeing this, after a while players got to consider that the vote is seriously needed...
    I don't understand why players don't take the time to vote in a practice session when the vote is insisting about the same player...

It would be nice if the server could be set up with voting based on minimum absolute number of needed votes rather than successful % of total amount of players on server.

7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

For me name itself "bandito" suggests not to expect anything better.

8. SkechBG

SkechBG Racer

I experience this problem in every server on ps4...and i agree they must lower the % of votes to kick someone...what i see 10 people was on server 6 of us vote to kick one destruction derby player... but the problem is others 3 are blockers in other parts of nordschleife. ..they not vote im sure...or they are friends so basicly we never can kick players in this ocasions...and this is bad...to bad for all who whant drive normal and enjoy the game! Kunos must find a good solution because im tired of switching servers and all the same because few people ruin all...many of my friends sold the game because the MP is not good...and this is sad... i keep waiting for improvements but my patience have a limit...i buy this game for Online racing...and at this point is weak too weak compared with other sims...

9. Yami

Yami Racer

I adtually have something to say about this, please set buttons for wheels for yes or no, please I really wanted to coplain about the same fact but never created the thread.
    Thank you for creating such thread, I 1000% agree with you, have seen that guy and many like him on many other servers.

People probably do not want to reach their keyboards, if they simply have no brains and don't know what is going on and voting no everytime or not voting, I'll lose my faith in humanity's intelligence.

10. I don't expect people to vote kick without seeing the offender in action themselves. However, I do expect them to check this out at the start of the next qualifying session, and then vote to kick when the facts are staring them in the face.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I think it would be good if admin were displayed in a different colour or marked with a symbol somehow (anyone who has entered the admin password.) Ideally this should be visible from the server list screen as well as on track. Admin can't do it on their own though, players need to flag up names to the admin so they can do their job. With admin clearly visible players can make an informed decision whether the server is worth their time or not... obviously the masses will still just join that 23 player server and then complain about their experience but atleast this would help out those that don't want to give poorly run servers their custom and to choose servers that are more likely to offer a good experience.

If I was in a random server and saw a vote to kick someone, I would not vote unless I saw the incident myself. I don't think vote kick will ever work well.

LeiF and mantasisg 2 like this.
  12. Louizf

Louizf Racer

I don't know when this happened to you, but I was at one El Bandito's on Sunday and there was a wrecker on the pit exits screwing everyone.
    I voted yes on many kickvotes to kick him but it did not work any time, even with 2 or 3 people complaining on the chat.

I can't understand the mind of someone that joins a server just to wreck and mess with other people races.
    And this happens too often to be exceptions, on any racing game.

13. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

This is my idea, not sure whether it's doable but. Here goes: the vote kicking with its time limit is not convenient. If we can eliminate the voting time limit extending it at least to a whole session, we have a better tool. So my dream is:

I can REPORT a player on the server (only once). I push a button and he is reported, his name turns yellow in the leaderboard. And stays yellow. A number on the right shows how many people reported him. His "bad guy score". The number increases each time some other player reports him. If I leave the server after reporting a guy, my vote still stays. When the player is reported by x players (admins decide, 3 to 5 could make sense) he is automatically kicked. If he leaves and re-joins during a session his score is still there (not sure for how long the score can be kept, the longer the better).

This system eliminates the voting time limit, alerts the other players of a possible wrecker.. and just makes more sense. @Lord Kunos @Aristotelis any hope it is doable in any ways?

This could be applied both to PC and console versions, giving some relief to the console users who don't have the Minorating system and at the same time making sense of the whole vote kick thing.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    kakusso likes this.
  14. Some Guy

Some Guy Racer

The kick-vote system is IMHO broken because it asks drivers to do things with their eyes, brains & hands (read kick-vote message, think about whether buddy needs to be kicked or not, find the 'y' or 'n' key on your keyboard), all within a small time window when your eyes, brain & hands should be singularly devoted to driving.

Here's a fairly straight-forward suggestion. I've made it before and it was generally well received but it didn't go anywhere. Instead of having a "kick" icon next to each player's name, have a "thumbs up" and a "thumbs down" icon. If someone does you wrong, click the "thumbs down" icon next to their name. Once clicked, it stays clicked unless you unclick it, even if you leave the server and come back or encounter them again on another server. Let's face it, that guy who keeps wrecking you at the Monza chicane? It's not like you're going to want to race with him tomorrow, or the next day, or on another track or server. Wreckers be wreckers. The server just needs to keep a tally of how many thumbs down each player has and kick the ones that have too many. When you try to join a server, it can query all the clients to see if you qualify to get in. Too many thumbs down, you don't get to join.

In case it's not clear - I use too many words most of the time - I'm suggesting that kick-voting should be a continuous ongoing process instead of something that has to succeed or fail in under a minute.

PS: The thumbs up icon is an added bonus since we all have friends as well people we don't want to be around.

SvenUilhoorn, eXo and Guidofoc like this.
  15. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Yes , very close to what I said, although your permanent vote between servers would require the local servers to permanently store blacklists and/or a central server to store all the info. I think a first step could be to make the vote last for at least a whole session (the cycle practice-qualify-race) so that there is no need for an external blacklist server which may scare the devs, and after all there is Minorating for that stuff ..on PC at least.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  16. schmron

schmron Racer

Very bad idea. Not only the good guys can use the "thumbs down" button, also bad guys use them. Another way for them to annoy us.
    If this server is not supported by admin then the best solution is: leave and avoid it.

17. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

Another problem is that people tend to say yes to vote kicking because they assume if someone initiates it, that person must be doing something bad. I was playing on a friend's public server where we were ready to start a race and were mentioning that we were going to kick one guy because his ping was really bad in the chat. Well that guy got mad and initiated a vote kick on the friend who admins the server. Everyone hit yes and he ended up getting kicked out of his own server right before a race started.

18. Goodvibe13

Goodvibe13 Gamer

How about a system:
    -not based on thumbs down but on basic vote kick, invisible at first
    -applicable only for the session/event (give a 2nd chance and avoid the pain of maintening an online database of kicked players)
    -relying on how many players suggest a votekick on the same driver (numb of votekick/driver), this driver becomes flagged until the end of the session if set minimum % votes reached, kicked if voted against and effective until the end of the session (practice) or event (end of race week end)
    -during the remaining session time other players can easily recognize the suspicious guy and vote for an effective kick, that is the point.

Shouldn't be hard to implement.

Guidofoc likes this.
  19. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

No time limit is the best solution. Many times in the current system people vote once but don't bother to vote again because the voting failed within the time limit. Removing the time limit makes all votes count and not only the ones in those 15 seconds.

20. Some Guy

Some Guy Racer

Very bad? Ouch! To your point though, yes, one bad guy can cast one thumbs down against every other player. So what? One thumbs down isn't going to be enough to kick anyone. How many bad guys are you expecting to find ganging up on you?

Serious question now. If this is a very bad idea, how would you describe the existing kick-vote system? Very, very bad? Or, you genuinely think this idea is a step in the wrong direction?

21. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Exactly what I propose. More than voting this is like reporting. The reporting is effective during the whole session, giving the player some sort of "bad guy score". I would like the player name to change color in the leaderboard so everyone can see he has been reported. Then when he gets a score of, say, 5 (5 people reporting him) he gets kicked. I agree that showing the score is not the best thing, probably as you say it is better to keep it invisible.