1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Will it drift? I don't think so

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by tombax338, Jan 26, 2014.

1. tombax338

tombax338 Racer

Hello everyone,

I tried the "Will it drift?" event to see what drifting is like with the KTM X-Bow.
    And I don't get it. Am I missing something? You can't put street tires on, so you got to drift with slicks, which is a bit weird IMO. You can't get great drift angles, because the car will spin out, which I think is caused by the short distance between the wheels (I'm not an expert on this, so sorry if I'm wrong).
    And then there is snap oversteer when you drift in a small angle.
    It seems like it is impossible to drift this car. I also think that this car is not meant to be drifted, it is more of a grip-racing car.

So, has anyone achieved some decent scores in drift mode with this car?
    And if so, what setup did you use?

Greetings,
    tombax338

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos Initial D Themed | Lan Evo 3 Drifts Down Irohazaka Downhill Jul 31, 2023
    ACC Physics [1.9] 4 wheel drifts have no FFB Apr 23, 2023
    Screens & Videos Drifting Bmw e46 M3 Downhill May 21, 2022
    ACC User Interface Lock to Horizon Causes Camera Position Drift. May 9, 2022
    Screens & Videos Drift Chevy Impala Apr 10, 2022
    Screens & Videos Touge driftin Apr 5, 2022
    Screens & Videos M3's drifting on a rainy day Mar 20, 2022
    Screens & Videos Tandem drifting - A cinematic Feb 26, 2022
    Screens & Videos Z drifting through traffic Feb 19, 2022
    Screens & Videos 5 man tandem - Winter drifting Feb 11, 2022
    Screens & Videos My estonia jump drift Jan 21, 2022
    Screens & Videos Winter drifting a stock Audi R8 Quattro Jan 16, 2022
    Screens & Videos Sliding into 2020 | Drifting Cinematic Jan 3, 2022
    Screens & Videos BMW e30 forest winter drift run Dec 30, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Dashboard drifts off-center Dec 30, 2021

3. gnr_tb

gnr_tb Racer

It's the main car I use for all tracks so I can drift it pretty good with default setup. It's not very hard to drift at all, you just need to know the car... for example it handles side to side weight transfers pretty bad, you will get too much angle very easily and you don't have a lot of steering lock to counter that.
    Using the brakes lightly at the right timing is a nice way to drift this car, and you don't really have to be very careful with the throttle.
    Just don't try to get angles like the drift setups (E30 for example) because it has so much less steering lock.
    Overall I recommend very low ffb for drifting (I use 35 in game and 100 in logitech profiler for g27 and E30), just a little bit to get some feel, obviously 0 damper, you don't want the FFB to spin the wheel for you because it will be super hard to counter fast when you want. Also the xbow isn't very sensitive at its default 720 degrees , you can try 540 to get a bit closer to the drift cars feeling at 900 degrees.
    I might upload a video later if you want, I just exercised so I can't handle the force feedback very good at all :D

Nao, Anuj, Robin_NL and 2 others like this.
  4. tombax338

tombax338 Racer

Thanks for your advise, I will try again soon!

mtbboy1993 likes this.
  5. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

Exactly what he said , lower the force feedback, my highest drift scores were achieved with this car :)
    Do not let you carried away by the force feedback, if you steer when the force feedback tels you it`s to late you have to be 1 step ahead.Good luck, i suck at drifting 2 haha but i experimented a bit.

6. isamu

isamu Racer

Sounds like fun. Have you guys tried the event with the Lotus 49? How is it in that car?

7. tombax338

tombax338 Racer

Ok, after almost 2 months, I'm still not able to do anything good with this car. I tried the lowest front toe possible, which helped a bit to get greater angles. But you can't really get a lot of points with this car. You need great angles and smoking tires, which is almost impossible since it doesn't have all that much power and only semislicks available. My best score was 20K, and that is partly because they decreased the time added to the counter when you level up. I don't know why they did that, maybe the think that all a good drifter needs is being able to hold long combos. My best score was ~550K (Level 100) with the BMW M3 E30 Drift, before they nerfed drift-mode. And if I wanted to, I could go further. I only stopped because I was exhausted from all that drifting, not because I couldn't do it. So 100K with the KTM X-Bow R seems pretty impossible. If someone achieved that, please let me know.

Greetings,
    tombax338

8. Nao

Nao Alien

Agreed with gnr_tb on everything (except maybe weight transfer as its possible to cure it with setup changes), good advices.

I'm quite bad at these challenges but enjoy drifting a lot. (my best score was 40K but i was more focused on testing and wasted a lot of time)
    I think the trick is to set up the car so its controllable when sliding above maximum turn angle. And that requires a lot of grip on the rear wheels. With the setup below (even without handbrake as i'm building one now) i was able to get up to 1500 points from one turn (the parabolica like one) by going way beyond steering lock slide at 4th gear and just controlling the car with throttle.

Setup: Tire press: 28psi Front 15psi Rear, alig: -1deg camb/10toe Front and -max camb/0toe Rear, zero front dampers and ride height, max rear dampers and ride height.
    In particular, maxing out on rear dampers gave stable but lively response under weight transfers. Yes It's kind of understeery but at least its not Elise level bad :D

That's my 2c, GL!

dztrbdgod likes this.
  9. dztrbdgod

dztrbdgod Gamer

Thanks so much Nao. I just went from 16k to 46k using your setup. So much easier

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk