1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Wish: Multiplayer Rating (Experience & Safety)-Points like iRacing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gaspedal, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Gaspedal

Gaspedal Rookie

Assetto Corsa desperately needs a SteamID bound rating system like iRacing. Who is constantly breaking accidents and endanger the race, should be penalized by points deduction (and license revocation). Then, the beginners have to make more experience-points with driving in low challenges. And all the drivers have to be evaluated after the race and rewarded with rating points or punished. So will drive beginners with beginners and professionals with professionals, as is the case in iRacing. Otherwise it will not work! The system in iRacing is done perfectly and Assetto Corsashould offer the same rating-system.

What do you think?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions My Wishes BMW DLC PACK and Multiplayer options Jan 12, 2017
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PlayStation 5 VR2 (PSVR2) Virtual Reality - Small talk, tech, pros & cons, your opinion, wishes? Nov 17, 2022
    ACC Tools A wish or request for a LFM helper app Aug 28, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Features wish list for Feb 24th update Jan 12, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards I wish we had Alien Rating and Normal Offcial Lobby SA rating Jan 5, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Realistic look mirrors [No wishlisting - especially on repeat] Nov 29, 2021
    ACC User Interface Feature-Wish: Turn off Rating Display completely Apr 28, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DLC pack wish list Aug 25, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Future of ACC. Not a wishlist. Feb 16, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Esport Wishlist Jan 16, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Aris, a wish - not a wishlist (hint: more car blogs) Aug 15, 2019
    Console Lounge Assetto Corsa 2 console wish list Aug 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions My Wishes Jun 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Wishlist alert Apr 21, 2019
    ACC General Discussions my little wishlist for final build Mar 15, 2019

3. rolli7

rolli7 Gamer

I think there are too much threads about this....

4. Horus

Horus Alien

No need for silliness, wait to see what is designed. You are only guessing with no information and so totally unnecessary to worry. Time will tell what team Kunos have in store for us. :)

Patrik Marek and alex72 like this.
  5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Racing in leagues is the way to go if you want fair competition, please stop talking of what you don't know or if iRacing is the best online system because it is not!

BingoWings and alex72 like this.
  6. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

@Rui Santos

Any chance of a link to a better one? Credit card at the ready.

7. alex72

alex72 Alien

But we have steam here now, and we make friends that drive the way you want to. With them you can create any type of races challenges. Small ones, and long ones that cover several weeks if you so want. You can make or join groups, and you can add new people to your friends list or groups and expand that way. Its easy to share information through it and you can even get so much friends or people in a group that you all have to qualify to get into a certain race.

This is what i know. Nobody knows how MP will be done yet in the sim so its all speculation. If you have a suggestion then there is a forum section for it. ;)

8. Requiem84

Requiem84 Simracer

1. I agree, AC needs some sort of controlled system for online racing. Minimum would be to put bad behaving players in 1 server, and good behaving players in another.

2. iRacing's system isn't the best surely.

3. We should have 1 topic (and nog 1000000 topics about this like now). So, if a dev could sticky this, we can come up with idea's to achieve a great MP system.

- An open MP system with no restrictions is something of the past.

9. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

I race only in leagues in rF. But if people want rating system, maybe something simple. Everybody will have number of how much time they hit somebody or percentage or something. And you could set server to alow only player with hit index below x.
    There will always be idiots or people who want to win in first lap. I had F1 race yesterday in rF, 58 laps and somebody hit me in first corner of first lap, it was small hit, but it was end for me.

Rui Santos likes this.
  10. Horus

Horus Alien

YAWN! No need for performance/statistics/licence/points/hair colour/lie detector tests/Bear wrestling, all you need is the power of a KICK & BAN from a server admin or a vote. So much BS about something that has not even been seen! How many more threads will need to be made about this subject before someone uses the SEARCH function.

Rui Santos likes this.
  11. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

It would be nice just to know minimum server requirements....

I would guess (hope) that KS will give us a basic dedi server package which allows us to apply 'mod' rules and regs. Without going OT the 5 second penalty looks like it's here to stay as far as KS is concerned although I know they have mentioned they're not over the moon about it themselves.

RSR seems to have developed a reasonably workable track limit detection system which I hope can be improved on and applied to dedi servers. Now they just need to work on applying penalties per infraction, but we will have to wait until KS have given us MP before work can start on that.

And as Horus said, we will be at the hands of server admin (real people watching) to ensure idiots are kicked/banned to keep servers as clean as possible.

In short.... a moddable dedi server package should be suffice. To think you'll get anything better is just wishful thinking.

12. Requiem84

Requiem84 Simracer

This is your opinion, which you are entitled to have.

I just don't see why you are against the option to improve the sim. To have such an option available, will by no means entail that you are mandatory to run this option on your server.

Have you played iRacing? Instant pick-up racing against quality players of your own level. I loved the MP part of iRacing (although not without it's faults). But I dreaded the costs and physics and ended my subscription long ago. Yet, I do miss the thrills of joining a random Skip Barber race on a monday night and having a blast with trutworthy players around me with whom I could race so close.

softgrip likes this.
  13. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

@Horus and...

Yep. I know we're going to end up with the usual solution.

The problem is, for many of us, private servers don't offer a solution, never have offered a solution, and never will offer a solution, and what makes it so bloody annoying is that many of us have experienced a system - a horribly flawed, over-complicated system attached to some dubious physics, granted - that's proved conclusively that a very workable and highly inclusive alternative to private servers is, as Mythbusters would say, "Confirmed".

Hopefully my personal situation will illustrate the problem that many of us face with the traditional system…

I am not short of free time. I have no problem throwing quite a lot of it at sim racing. My problem is that free time is not predictable enough for me to commit to a very limited fixed time slot racing schedule. Were I to attempt to commit to anything, Monday night though Thursday night would see about a 50% availability rate, with Friday night through to Sunday night seeing something closer to 25% at the absolute best. I have the time to practice, which as per many others is something I need considerable amounts of before racing. I have the time to race. I just cannot predict in advance when that free time will fall. I would be of no use to a league, and a league would be of no use to me.

An iRacing-like system (as in, pick up servers with automatic cleanliness enforcement running frequent races to a published schedule) whereby I know precisely what's coming up for up to three months in advance, and which offers frequent races at set times means I can get a fair few races in during a given week. I know what to practice, and I know that practice won't be wasted. I won't race at the same times from one week to the next, but I will race and do so repeatedly.

For example, I know the NASCAR truck series (open setup) is at Darlington this week, and the Lotus 49 is at Oulton Park. If I throw a few hours at those tonight to get set up and comfortable (which is precisely what I'm going to do), I've got a week's worth of racing ahead that I can take advantage of as and when I get the time. It's simple. It's predictable. It works.

Having re-subbed to iRacing after getting AC, I'm on the verge of giving up on AC as busted flush. With the best will in the world, I know I'm not going to get much, if any, quality online action. Yes, AC's unmatched in the driving department, but all that means diddly-squat if I can't make very limited schedules. I fully intended to try, but even a brief glance at the kitchen calendar shows that to be the wishful thinking that it was.

Or to put it another way, I now fully expect to celebrate the release of AC on an iRacing practice server somewhere thinking "I wish iRacing drove like AC" because it's a lot more palatable than the alternative, namely an evening of frustrating banger racing on an AC public server whilst thinking "I can't believe it's still 1998" or trying to re-arrange my life, my job, and my relationship around a couple of set timeslots, one of which is guaranteed to be on "no chance, not even slightly" Sunday evening.

I find this rather saddening.

tl;dr visual version

[​IMG]

14. Horus

Horus Alien

Yes I have played iceRacing, and I thought it was pants to cut a long story short. The penalty system was even worst than the 5 second one we have here, getting points for someone taking you out is not the best method I can think of. As for finding clean servers that is an easy task, ask if there is a server admin via chat and off you go. If Kunos could spend the next 3 years developing an AI steward system than would be aware of what is going on on track, use an understanding of basic FIA rules and was able to judge the best solution to a given problem be that an accident, road block, running out of fuel, wrecking, dangerous driving, tap overtakers, pit stop manoeuvres, jump starts, weaving, warping, lagging then I'm sure Mr Eccleston will be getting rather friendly with them.

It would take more computer power to run an AI steward than it would to have the mark one eye ball, with half a brain and copious amount of beer and fag i.e. The average Server Admin. They also do it for nought and enjoy looking out for the guys on the server. No point worrying about points this and that, if you feel that a server is a bad place to be, pack up shop and go to a different server. Only my personal opinion, but an AI steward in any form is rough and blind to what has gone on before or the reasons behind something happening.

@OffAgain, Calm down man. The multiplayer is not out yet and you are already selling it on as a bad deal when you have not even seen what's what. Patience and calm, everything will be good and the racing will be even better. Stay strong OA, we will support you through these rough times. :D

Rui Santos likes this.
  15. Requiem84

Requiem84 Simracer

While some penalties in iRacing are indeed unfair, the basic aim of the system works great: if you drive cleanly, you get awarded. Like in real racing, sometimes you will be taken out by others due to their fault. But in the grand scheme of things, this does not significantly influence your safetyrating. If you do get taken out every race by others, you should look at yourself.

The aim of the system it to eliminate people who crash 10 times per race, drive the wrong way, and just cause havoc every time. When AC's MP will be open, it will be mayhem. Thousands of steam kids with x360 controllers will be online.. yay.... the Admin of the server can only react when accidents already have happened, and more than often, admins won't be online.

With some kind of system, accidents will happen much LESS, as these unsafe players are not allowed to join (specific) servers.

softgrip likes this.
  16. Horus

Horus Alien

That is what passwords are for. :) If I race open servers I expect them to race to the same rules as league ones, I have raced in enough races to know it matters little if you have been racing with the guy every week for the past 20 years, when you get on track nobody is your friend and everyone hates you as much as you hate them (with respect of cause). As soon as those lights go out, or the flag drops, it's race time and if there is one thing about racing is that it is a selfish sport. So do I mind meeting the loons/wreckers/noobs on open servers, No! Do I really appreciate it when I have a great race with people I have never raced with before, Oh Yes!

Racing has two norms, vehicles going fast and crashes. No motor sport has done away with crashes and none will ever make it 100% safe, as there is one problem before you even climb into the vehicle - Humans. As for wreckers, you get them, they are a pain but hey they are just socio paths.

17. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

With all due respect, we make of it what we will.

When I bought my first wheel, GRID was the best thing going as far as I was concerned. We 'made do' with the crappy online system they had and even managed to organise some leagues. I know of some people who still do.

I looked into iRacing but at that time I wasn't prepared to spend the amount of cash necessary to race, so I settled for R07. Now I'll be completely honest, for the first 2 or 3 years I hated the online system. I could rarely finish a race because of wreckers and it very nearly made me give up on sim racing entirely. But I persevered and found a couple of communities which had their own servers and eventually I became admin myself. So long as you are part of a community you'll always have a certain amount of 'protection' from the cretins and there's nothing stopping you from being part of more than one community.

Like yourself, I don't have a huge amount of spare time for simming. Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings and sometimes Saturday and Sunday morning/afternoon is all I can manage, but I can be sure of a few good races when I am online. There are always like-minded people looking for a race, you just have to find them.

Sure, when AC's MP goes live there will be a surge of noobs wrecking everywhere they can. But there will also be plenty of passworded servers where clean racers can have some proper fun, and the only way to get these passwords is to be part of communities. It may sound unfortunate to have to be in a community in order to have decent races, but it's a lot of fun once you get into it, and best of all it's free!

I am not poo-pooing iRacing, I'm sure it's the best thing since sliced bread for a lot of people, but personally I can't justify paying that amount of cash for something I can do for free elsewhere and have just as much fun without a robot wrongly penalising me, especially considering the limited time I have to play.

....horses for courses....

TrenchcoatNinja and Rui Santos like this.
  18. Rui Santos

+100000000

Best answer ever, this is a guy who really see online racing as i do... like i've said some time ago this is the best system for the success of a sim...

19. Requiem84

Requiem84 Simracer

I have the impression some people understand the discussion only partly.

Nobody here is asking AC to become iRacing with the same pricing structure. All, I, and many others, have asked is for some sort of quality mechanism for the MP part.

bigbawmcgraw; you state that you sometimes have to find the right people to race with. If you have limited time, like yourself and also me, finding proper servers is a PITA. I would prefer to just click on the busiest server with the car / track combo I like, and then be assured of opponents who don't drive through my car full throttle at the first corner.

There are many ways to implement such a system, and iRacing's is just one of them. But AFAIK Kunos has, to my discontent, stated they won't pursue any such system. I whohartedly hope therefore that some brilliant modders will come up with something.

20. Rui Santos

For those guys talking about iRacing, for sure they don't know this simracing site... more "iRacing" style if you want...

http://www.race2play.com/

And we're not discussing here what is better, i just gave my opinion from my experience in what should be the most successful system for AC, we should have some freedom in MP, not a rigid system like iRacing, my opinion of course...

21. Requiem84

Requiem84 Simracer

Exactly, freedom to chose to race on a server with 'quality control' enabled. If you join this server, you will know for sure there will not be any wreckers.

How does having the option to enable quality control limit you, make it rigid?

softgrip and OffAgain like this.