1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

World records laps

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by Hany, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Hany

Hany Alien

Driver: Joco Gorenc
    Silverstone-International/Mclaren MP4 12c GT3 WR

Ferrari 458 semi slicks/Silverstone gp WR. Lap is a bit messy and a slow sector 3.

Ferrari 458 semi slicks/Imola WR

This one is very close to my WR lap at RSR, same line and braking points. RSR lap is 1.59.031 and this one is 1.59.003

WR lap before kunos adjusted the penalty boundaries in the chicane. Ill try a new attempt in the coming days.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  2. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

You can keep the record with the 458...but not in maaah Mclaren :p

Nice 458 dash colours btw

Hany likes this.
  3. Nao

Nao Alien

Great lap, thank you very much for the videos! I was hotlapping on imola/458 too when you got the WR :).

Although i cannot break even 1:55.5 :p right now. Could you share some insights to your setup? (tire pressures and camber). I know its mostly my bad driving but the lines and braking points already look so similar to mine it gets me wondering...

Hany likes this.
  4. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

You have to brake very deep into the corner and try oversteer the car abit because naturally it will understeer. Watch a few laps how he's using the throttle and brakes.

5. Nao

Nao Alien

If anything i have problems with oversteer :D.

Currently i run ~20psi (30psi hot) pressure. Are you guys running much lower and just do one fast lap before they start to overheat? Or its me that has too low pressure? (default is 30psi cold)

6. Hany

Hany Alien

Try 24 for all four tires. Full camber everywhere and 15 L fuel. More toe at the front and less at the rear. This will get u a 1.53.0 :)

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

Robin_NL likes this.
  7. Nao

Nao Alien

Thank you very much! I'm driving craply inconsistent so even 1:54 is probably too far :rolleyes:

To the 458-mobile! <flies away to test new setup>

8. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Is it every car can downshift that fast or only some of them ?? I see the downshifting is very fast in the video like 6th to 3rd gear in just little bit more than 1 second (example like 0:15 in the 3rd video) but i do try Lotus 49 in Monza sometime ago where i always get wheel / tire lock if i downshift that fast even i do blipping.

Thanks for the video, thats some very steady driving :cool:

9. Nao

Nao Alien

@ Lazybug It depends on a car. Some cars like 458 can downshift really quickly, others like MP12C (not GT) don't even let you downshift so fast (its a feature as RL McLaren does that too).

As for lotus49, i assume you mean rear tire spin not lock :p. The high speeds and long gears (only 5 gears for 300km/h car) mean that each shift will reduce the speed of the tire by quite a lot. (in contrast try speed shifting in M3 gr. A DTM without skipping gears, it will be much harder to spin the rears) Also Lotus lacks sequential gearbox with automatic blip, and that helps modern cars quite a bit so its hard to compare it to the 468.

Oh and Hany, your advice allowed me to shave 0,7s (currently 39th in pro rank @imola) with possibility for another 0,7s in the future. I think giving the car some negative rear toe was the biggest change :) thanks!

Hany and Lazybug like this.
  10. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Got it. Understood. Thanks for the tips :)

11. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

Great driving Hany, as always ;)

12. Hany

Hany Alien

Thanks man. More incoming :D

13. Hany

Hany Alien

New video at the top.

14. Robbiexsstar

Robbiexsstar Hardcore Simmer

What did you mean with "full camber everywhere"?
    Did you set camber at maximum negative value front and behind?

Thanks

15. Hany

Hany Alien

Yes max negative value front and behind

16. Robbiexsstar

Robbiexsstar Hardcore Simmer

That's sound strange for me.
    I mean: if you set camber at maximum negative value in real life, you may have traction problem and tyres temperature problem too.
    In your video at Imola car behaviour is very neutral in any corner, and 458 have not understeer but simply slide on 4 wheels.
    I don't say you cheat, but I say maybe there's something strange in AC physic engine.

Thank you

17. Max camber in a road car doesn't mean -6.0deg though... It's about what, -3.0 in these ? Haven't checked.

18. Hany

Hany Alien

I just go by the feeling and max negatieve camber in the 458 gives me the best result. Tires are heating up very quickly so its just for 1 hotlap. The trick in the 458 is to know how fast to release the brake pedal in a given corner. U have to force the car to oversteer.

19. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

Hany likes this.
  20. Hany

Hany Alien

Great lap, Added to the OP with your name :) keep them coming :D