1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Worst racing game you've recently bought?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by OoALEJOoO, May 26, 2015.

1. OoALEJOoO

OoALEJOoO Simracer

In my case the winner is Grid 2.

I bought the game a few months back expecting some quick arcade driving for times I just needed to switch my brain off. Little I knew that I was up for an out-of-this-world & unique experience!! I assume the developers were aiming to replicate the physics of these:

1_100_charm_2_x250.jpg

Super drift simulator. It's impossible to make a turn without sliding sideways, quite annoying to say the least. I have played many arcade games before (Flatout 2 one example) that are quite enjoyable. I felt my integrity as a game racer completely ***** and violated. I'm exaggerating, but seriously, Grid 2 is as bad as it gets. On the flip side, I do wonder how Codemasters manages to produce such impressive graphics that are not too demanding on the gfx card front.

Runner up: Wreckfest Next Car game (early access with no updates in 6+ months?)

What racing games would you rather avoid like the plague?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Are Bentley Drivers the worst? May 24, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Favourite & Worst track Jul 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer SA is worst/better than ever before Oct 13, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars V.1 worst graphic, more ram Jun 1, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Worst MP experience ever - turns out it's not. Mar 13, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Best and worst looking race tracks maps Nov 27, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Worst problem of every online game ? Oct 16, 2017
    Chit Chat Room His 12 best cars, his 6 worst cars Dec 17, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Worst Optimization in this 1.9.1 Oct 27, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Mercedes AMG GT3 still the worst GT3 car! Apr 17, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues The worst ai Feb 10, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Worst game with the worst site ever Sep 5, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Best and worst FFB per car Apr 22, 2014
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Nordschleife Trophy | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Apr 7, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024

3. AlBahner

AlBahner Hardcore Simmer

It's been quite a while since I bought a bad racing game but I think the last one was TDU2 for the good old 360. Awful physics (even for an Arcade game), 2006/2007-ish graphics and the textures of buildings were a pain to look at. Then I installed the previous TDU which is actually miles ahead of TDU2 and had lots of fun. I didn't play it for a few months now but I think that's Assetto's fault (played about 60h just last month).

If you want a nice open world racer with realistic roads, go for the 2006 TDU. The graphics are a bit outdated but it is still fun.

VenomSRT, rainman666 and Patrik Marek like this.
  4. Psit

Psit Alien

5. letek

letek Gamer

[​IMG]

6. Blame

Blame Alien

Probably GTR:Evolution/07 - even though I got it for free from PC Gamer when they had like 10000 free keys to give away, game looks worse than GTR2 and cars drive worse too.

7. KitrinosKat

KitrinosKat Hardcore Simmer

Definitely TDU2 and Shift 2 because of the boat-floating like force feedback and movement of the car. I guess I could've enjoyed them better if I played with keyboard, but I don't feel like it. Also, that's the reason I'm avoiding PCars. I'm afraid it will have the same floating feel as Shift 2.

8. AlBahner

AlBahner Hardcore Simmer

Oh yeah the Shift games, I prefer Forza 4's physics over that wannabe sim.

9. St3fan

St3fan Alien

You guys got really nice and fun games. I recently got Need for Speed : Undercover , and wrote the longest negative review I've ever done on Steam.

snyperal and AlBahner like this.
  10. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

project cars for me.
    looks glorious but the feel through the wheel it shockingly poor even after following various forum posts to allegedly fix it.

LeiF and William Sebastian like this.
  11. AlBahner

AlBahner Hardcore Simmer

You thought Undercover was awful? Try the Most Wanted remake. Played it for 5 minutes on a friend's Xbox and it drove me insane :D
    (Yes I have much hate for the newer Need For Speed games, that might change this fall)

12. I haven't purchased a rubbish race sim for a long time, but then I am ultra fussy about what I buy these days. The last one was probably Need for Speed 3 (which had decent graphics, but the cars handled like bricks). In fact, the ironic part of the "Need for Speed" story is that the original had pretty decent physics for its day (which was well over twenty years ago). They were certainly better than most race games that were released at the time, and indeed for a good few years beyond that.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
    letek and snyperal like this.
  13. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Most Wanted 2012 was a fun mobile game, played it a lot on Android.

14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Grid Autosport and I really liked Grid 2. :(

15. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

The most disappointing racing game is definitely PCars. I was so excited for it, but it did not deliver in many ways that are important for me. But I wouldn't call it the worst racing game I've recently bought.

Fear likes this.
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I'd have to say the NFS Shift games were huge letdowns. Now I stick to the mainstream Sims although, I did get involved with Pcars; it can be fun. It is missing the "Ultra-Pro" or "Hardcore" mode but, it's a good transitional title that may bring more people to Sim-racing.

17. petesky

petesky Simracer

Ride by milestone. Stuttering buggy mess.

18. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I hate that game too. It totally ruined my love for the franchise, especially because it bears the name Most Wanted.

I didn't mention it because I bought MW2012 years back when IGN published their review, instead of "recently".

AlBahner likes this.
  19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

one that I was totally disapointed with was Driver San Francisco, I bought it because original driver series was great, and I wanted to see how they did San Fransicso since that's where I live, and really dispointed with everything about that title

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  20. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I'm surprised that you get you NFS3 running. It was my first game when my parents bought our first Win98 computer and I spent a ton of hours playing it, exploring weird alternative routes in each track.

Two months ago I put the disk in my Win8 PC and it either freezes at loading screen or crashed 10 sec in game. In terms of control I suspect you need to throw away your wheel to play this game since keyboard and mouse seem to be the way to go!

21. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

One more, one more. NFS Rivals, PC port.
    Locked at 30 fps, and only keyboard and XBox 360 controller support.