1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

WTCC + Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by GeraArg, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

4 and 5:p
    It's more on the high speed side
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If Nords is not a high speed circuit you just arent driving fast enough. I tried making a good AI fastline using a proper racing line and they couldnt stay on track.

The 3 tracks you mention have some slower corners too except old spa was pretty much flatout for 95% of the lap with some flat out corners.

But high speed straights arent really dangerouse but have flat out sections like you get at nords these will catch you out when you need to be precise while keeping the pedal to the metal.

Also depends on the car but drive any lap under 7 minutes at the nords or even in the 6:30's in the 599xx and tell me its a slow and safe track still.

Driving a modern f1 at any historic track would be pretty simple and boring. Drive it on its limits at the nords and it will show why they will never race those cars there again.

3. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

I read times under 7 minutes...
    Try to go there, rent a car that can do 8:00 and TRY to do 8:30. Then come back and tell us that it's not fast and dangerous. Even 9 minutes is a time that gives a big rush of adrenaline to A LOT of people...

Like that guy that made hunderds of laps with "a console" and went there with a TypeR (think a civic)... he rolled out of the circuit several times at fuchsrohre, at the first lap. (but he knew the track "PERFECTLY"........)

An old friend of mine, a jahreskarte owner for more than 10 years, big expert of the track used to say: "If you call this a "Racetrack", the ohters are just videogames. It's the last track which you have to address with Sir."

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Im talking sim times, I dont think id have the commitment for that unless I could do at least a 100 laps on the real track with a closed circuit and fine weather with a car I was comfortable with. In a sim if you make an error its not a big deal but still quite hard to put a full lap together so there is a tiny bit of pressure, nothing like being there for real where youd need more caution unless you left your brains behind when doing your first laps. I wonder how many console racers have crashed there on their first few laps must be good money for someone as they pay for all their damages.

Cant wait to try your version Si3v along with AC physics at this amazing scanned version I dont know if I will drive many other tracks after. PS if you need beta testers your always free to PM me ;) Also hopefully it will help some people learn the rack a little before tackling the real thing just hope they have enough sense to still not push too hard until having done quite a few real world laps.

5. Champion Hero

Champion Hero Simracer

So the wtcc have confirmed the Nord for next season! Time to get those cars made/modded!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

6. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Triple topic post + there was already a topic in this section ;) Look a bit better next time.

7. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I still think that it won't beat this:

The most amazing lap ever at Nordschleife imo. (camera is just under the visor)

Oh, and this one we'll be able to do ourselves around September :D

But seriously, once I get my own car & all the other stuff, I'll surely be visiting the almighty Nordschleife. It's just a 2 hour drive from me so yay!! But I probably won't go fast there. Treat it with respect or it'll B-slap me in the face with a hammer.

8. Si3v

merged threads...

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Are there any plans to create a historic version? Pre 1970 before the safety changes started to be made.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  10. Champion Hero

Champion Hero Simracer

apologies. was in the train so reception was crap.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

11. Si3v

MOAR MOAR MOAR!!! :D

27 with gravel
    66 without hoenrein chicane
    67 with hoenrein chicane
    72 new nordschleife with old antoniusbuche
    73 new nordschleife
    83 new nordschleife due to new circuit
    up to late 80's with same bumps of the 83 nordschleife but with colored kerbs
    up to early 2000's bumps smoothed
    2009 kerbs outside adenauer forst, hatzenbach and some other...
    2011 new hi kerb at hatzenbach
    2012 carpet outside before hohe acht

then I woke up...:(

GeraArg, Kristaps and Mogster like this.
  12. DrSmile

DrSmile Racer

lol...wtcc on the nos...50% chance to see an epic wreckfestival :)

13. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

14. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'll have these two please ;) I have my credit card primed and ready....

15. MattEman

MattEman Gamer

What he said:eek:

16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I think that's extremely unlikely. Touring Cars and GTs are one thing, but open wheelers.... no chance.

17. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Interesting but it'll probably be another half throttle wave at the speccies run like the one Merc F1 organized a couple of years back.

19. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Probably.. I mean, driving that thing flatout at the Green Hell won't be such a good idea... the risk of going off track and crashing is too high.

20. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

would be cool of KS got the WTCClicense now!!