1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Xbox one and ps4 to support mods

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by the_meco, Jun 15, 2015.

1. the_meco

the_meco Alien

So it seems like the Xbox one and PS4 are going to support mods, starting with Fallout 4. Will be interesting to see if AC can support mods on the consoles also. It would certainly add a unique aspect to a console racing game.

Tommo71 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New "Hotfix" update available for PS4 and Xbox one 24/02/2021 Feb 24, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 1.06 Patch Notes for PS4 & Xbox One Oct 20, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox one x v ps4 pro framerate Sep 30, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Patch 1.5.4 live for Xbox and ps4 Sep 3, 2020
    Steering wheels discussions Weaker and less detailed FFB on Xbox than PS4 (Fanatec CSL Elite +) Aug 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBox PS4 race results Aug 15, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Pro v Xbox One X Jun 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Just bought ACC to test on PS4 Pro after awful Xbox One X experience! Jun 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions SOLUTION - Fix for wheels not working on Xbox & PS4 Jun 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PLEASE READ: HOW TO GET SUPPORT FOR ACC ON CONSOLE (PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Xbox One) Jun 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech G920/G29 FFB Settings Xbox/PS4 Jun 23, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizione - PS4 and XBox One: HOW TO GET SUPPORT Jun 23, 2020
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione - PS4, PS5 and XBox One/X/S - Console Version: HOW TO GET SUPPORT Jun 23, 2020
    Console Lounge Why does the FXXK on Xbox not sound as good as PS4... Dec 19, 2017
    Console Lounge 1.15 Update. Issues, bugs and suggestions (XBOX & PS4) Sep 12, 2017

3. I saw that mods will (somehow) work on xbox 1 but has it been confirmed that they will work for ps4 also?

4. the_meco

the_meco Alien

Not confirmed, but the Fallout dev said they will release mods on PS4 also, by mistake I believe, so leaked.

5. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

consoles have in theory always been able to support mods. Its just the devs were worried that they could lose money via dlc. I brought this one when i was converting a number of rpgmaker games to the consoles. Now what i noticed was that i could inject pretty much anything into the game via usb. It started with simple things, i changed music for example from generic first bgm to some fancy prodigy tunes. Anyways later i put a slide show features in(got binned later) which allowed pictures on the console(ps3 in this case) to display a slideshow of pictures behind the game. Now with those consoles there were framedrops and im not a good programmer but it showed me that well maybe i can use a mod features, having a game with mod support could be massive on console so i thought. I then got the idea to call some game assets from a usb instead of the game asset directory on the console and boom it lagged badly but it worked. So i told the other dev this (he owned the game), he replied that he wasnt allowed and then told me to drop the subject. I tried doing research on it but to avail. my thoughts were the console owners didnt want mods on their consoles, not sure why, maybe they thought it would be an open door for hackers or something. Bottomline is that if a crazy person such as myself can achieve this much then mod support on console is a real possibility. Im curious as to what the issue was, likely licensing as its a lot more strict on consoles.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  6. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

console mods confirmed, i only know for the xbox one but the xbox guys tend to forget that the ps4 exists so yeah. Anyways here is how it works as far as i know, you have a number of pc platforms for mods, workshop,nexus,modb and that rubbish service that bethseda has. Anyways that rubbish service is the one that you will be gunning for, once you get there you will get judged, if you meet whatever requirements they have then you get to have that mod put on their page and forum and also on console. I assume there will be some sort of in game service which allows you to download mods, it ill be limited, script extenders, texture changes and trainers seem impossible in all seriousness. I guess we will see

7. the_meco

the_meco Alien

Right yeah, I guess with cars licencing may be a big issue for mods on consoles.

Mogster likes this.
  8. Horus

Horus Alien

Consoles are cash cows for the big two and as such modded content is not something either of the big players wants. It would be good to see it change, only to allow the same user based content being accessible to the console users, personally I do not seeing it coming soon to a console near you. When you have companies like Sony and Microsoft at the forefront then you are looking at cash over user experience. To even go down the road of hacking/nefarious software being the problem, well both of those companies cannot keep your data or their network safe, so I would take any security issue with a major bucket full of salt.

9. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

the only worrying issue is if that strict mentality spreads to pc as a result. dont worry by that time your 917 will be out and it will be backed up in multiple underground vaults, thyey can take my freedom but they will never take away my porsches. *raises stuttgart flag

10. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

well that will certainly be a great news if it was possible. I'm sure console boys will be very happy about not only relying on the official content

however I belive is still highly unclear how would that work. Would there be something like in-game store ?? or as you guys say, using USB ? ( but wouldn't that quite limit the number of cars you could use ??,..etc)

but yeah, sounds interesting for sure.

11. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

either way memory is currently a massive bottleneck for consoles. As i see it distribution will be down to devs(unless it becomes supported by more devs), likely an option in the menu etc which brings you to a page where you can access mods. The problem is with updates you have to submit to sony and or microsoft before it goes public, this process takes two weeks, now bethseda will act as a middle man here, considering updates can break things this is a massive delay. things might be more streamlined since 2013 i dont know. There are a lot of benefits and im sure many devs are looking with interest.

12. Yeah I kind of doubt it to be honest...if so then that's great, but I don't see how it would work....

13. yusupov

yusupov Alien

this would be so awesome for kunos if this can somehow happen. totally changes the picture of AC on console.

14. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

If this happens, it will be the only thing that will save AC from being a failure on consoles.

mrk1001 likes this.
  15. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

The best they can ever do on consoles is partial support. With set hardware you won't be able to do graphical mods which are always a huge part of the modding scene. In games such as AC copyright will also be a major problem. It will probably be a preapproved system which the developers filter through and select mods that can actually work. This also seems like another system to set paid mods back up after Valve cut them.

16. John Spooner

John Spooner Rookie

As soon as I read about AC to Xbox 1 & PS4 my first thoughts where PC format progress slowing down , while the devs have to adapt & make the Sim more Console freindly better Ai & game mode's.
    Then the big gray area Modding , how was that going to work on Console , as I am pritty much sure the whole Console crowd would throwing their collective toys out of the pram knowing that AC on the PC format is pritty much a Modding free for all.

But I think that all Consoles will start useing something simular to the Steam workshop format for filtering mods , that then can be added direct to what ever game you are playing & with steam moveing into that market to with its line of Steamboxes , ok they are still PC's at the end of the day so open platform unlike Consoles.

But something needs to be in place to avoid too much moaning from the console side.

I guess that AC will still cherry pick the best mods for use in paid DLC like they have been doing from what I understand i my short time with the game.

17. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

"I gotta bad feeling about this".

I'm not so sure bringing extra attention to modding is necessarily a good thing. At the moment I think a lot of potentially troublesome content flys under the radar and on the PC it can survive because its very "niche". As soon as you bring that to consoles it has millions more eyes looking at it.

I would hate it for modding to have to be governed or approved each time?

No doubt Sony and Microsoft are working on a way to charge for it also. "Access to the Modding workshop - $5 a month!".

We will see. I think right now "it works", introducing a new element to it, well, I have my reservations. Fear change people.

18. Grumblegoof

Grumblegoof Rookie

That was my thought as well. If the mods are placed behind a pay wall (or just the fact that they essentially will be co-published by MS/Sony), might make the gray-area of copyright the mods currently enjoy may become get a lot less grey...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  19. Man, it doesn't take much before simracers start shouting about the sky falling. How about waiting to see how mods are implemented in Fallout 4, and then wait and see if any other game is able to use mods, before worrying about if this will somehow be the death of modding on pc.

Cote Dazur and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  20. esox71

esox71 Alien

Wait for mods on consoles??
    This is how much we need an update for AC on PC!
    No offence but....HELLO!