1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Xbox One Update v 1.14

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Jun 6, 2017.

1. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Only really done the rally stages in career, frame rate is ok.

2. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the info, I get these like 1/4 second gaps where the screen doesn't update, usually followed by me loosing control!

I might try re-installing it.

3. GT_Davy

GT_Davy Gamer

Frame-rate is fine thus far. Have only really been playing some career events.

4. Bayraktar1905

Bayraktar1905 Rookie

Will you come to the championship at the Assetto Corsa console?

5. tilithom

tilithom Rookie

Have been playing as much as I have had time and never encountered those, reinstalling could be good option but have you done hard restart for you xbox lately? I have played only rally portion of game but it has been smooth for me. Have had few vertical lines at sweden, forgot what you call them but maybe screen tearing(?) but no fps drops or gaps you described.

6. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Yesterday's daily rally stage through wales at night in wet conditions was absolute quality. I can't believe how good it is on tx wheel as well.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  7. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

How does it compare to Dirt Rally? I have read some criticisms of it especially the grip levels on gravel, what are your thoughts on that? I have never been much into Rallying although as a youngster I used to love watching rallycross on a Saturday afternoon but I picked up Dirt Rally on the cheap and enjoyed it in the brief spells I have spent with it and would like to pick this one up digitally but it's way to pricey. Crazy that digital is so much more expensive than the disc format.

ppbucko likes this.
  8. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Its easier than Dirt Rally but much more fun.

I get a buzz from the new game while Dirt Rally gives me headaches.

ppbucko and Hammerpgh like this.
  9. rUudD

rUudD Racer

I agree its easier, im really enjoying it though!

ppbucko and Hammerpgh like this.
  10. Hammerpgh

Cheers guys, i'll probably hold fire on it until I see it on offer either digitally or at the local shops.

ppbucko likes this.
  11. rUudD

rUudD Racer

Its well worth the full price imo, iv seen some negative stuff on the codemaster forums but it really is nitpicking. The stage generator adds a nice element of replayability and the regular community events are great fun with the added pressure of you only get one stab at it.

Scuderia Paul, ppbucko and Hammerpgh like this.
  12. Hammerpgh

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated :) 55 quid for the digital version is too much for me... especially for what would be a dip in and out game.

13. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I agree with the other comments, dirt rally did my head in on wheel, but this one is so much better, but still no pushover. The stage generator is amazing. Last nights daily rally stage, I had a nightmare. Lol

Hammerpgh likes this.
  14. Hammerpgh

Yeah I must admit I liked the look of that stge generator, very neat feature. I also liked the rally academy idea as well. As a rally newbie that would be something that I would find really useful.

15. rUudD

rUudD Racer

Lol it was a loooooong old stage, i managed 9.58 i think which put me in tier 2 and i felt like a driving god, then looked at the leaderboard and there were people nearly 20 secs faster than me!! I felt a massive sense of achievement finishing to stage without an incident lol

16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Quite funny how people in here mainly seem to enjoy Dirt 4 whereas on the PC side the bottom line is that it's garbage and a rip-off given how CM claimed it's more simmy than DR but it actually isn't.

17. rUudD

rUudD Racer

I think expectations are higher on PC, Assetto on Xbox in its current state would also be considered absolute garbage compared to sims such as Iracing, Rfactor etc.
    Dirt4 is not a sim, its in that region in between Forza and Assetto/Pcars but its a damn lot of fun! If Assetto didnt exist on console then i think people would consider it a Sim. Im so tired of waiting for this update to drop on xbox i feel like we have been completely left behind, thats not to say im not going to play it when it drops but i just cant help but feel its all a little half arsed.

Gurkensepp and ppbucko like this.
  18. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

lol it's nowhere near garbage, it's very playable, excellent handling on wheel and has pretty much every function going in a game that I would say falls between arcade/sim. The perfect game to fill a few hours while waiting for kunos to sort out the Xbox version of assetto which to be honest apart from the handling model/physics isn't very good. I know people who play on pc and Xbox and at the current time the difference between the 2 is now massive. They describe the pc version as the best racing game out, and the Xbox one version one of the worst.

19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

This right there is the interesting bit. Dirt 4's cars on dirt surface handle nothing like a rally car should with the main problem being that it's not possible to maintain a smooth and continuous powerslide through an entire turn. Unless it's a tiny kink, the rear will regrip for no reason when the tyres should just keep spinning.

I watched many gameplay videos of Dirt 4 now and I've yet to see a decent powerslide like IRL.

So in my book, that's very bad physics.

20. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I'm not talking physics as in how a rally car handles in real life, I'm talking how the wheel as a input device on Xbox to controlling the car is execellent. Believe me some games on Xbox over the years using a wheel are pretty awful.
    I wouldn't class dirt 4 as a sim, it's a arcade/sim.

The wheel as a input device on A/C is probably the best Xbox has ever had.