1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Xgn.com.au league race videos

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by martcerv, Aug 13, 2014.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here is a video of the last stint of race 2 last round at Barcelona, Battling Matthew to the finish with a bit of a collision on the last lap. These cars are quite fun and very different to drive in dirty air compared to running out front. Track temps were hot with 31 ambient and 44 track with fairly low grip of about 94% at the start of the race not sure where it finished but also with 4.6x fuel use a full tank in these conditions the cars were quite a hand full.

Clearly my setup wasnt great following another car as it was rather loose, I had pole both races but had 2 bad starts and so was stuck behind Matthew both races and just couldnt find a way past. The video starts on my outlap as I tried to undercut but I got to t1 half a second too late still and so needed to find the way past on the track.

Here are some other angles of the last lap incident, it was quite a mess all round. I tried to stick it around the outside to get the inside into the next turn. He tried to leave room so turned a bit tighter and got loose corrected and snapped back, at the same time I lost the rear a bit and the car snapped towards him. Contact was wheel to wheel and didn't change the end result but Ive had more fun not winning then winning races this season.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    WallyM likes this.
  2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Last round in this series, was great fun in some proper old school drivers cars.

With 1.7 came the jump starts and I somehow managed to roll forward a little before the lights getting a drive through. :oops: That made for an interesting race but also took me out of what would have been a good battle for the lead.

It put me back in the pack and I had to pass alot of cars and push quite hard. A couple of other silly little errors during the race taking too much curb but was fun trying to get back as high as possible.

The new pit stop times made quite a change with 4.6x fuel use the lotus could just make 10 laps on a full 120l tank. Stopping for 98l took nearly 60 seconds and the Ferrari's with their bigger 200l tanks could load up more be heavier in the race but have a much shorter stop and gain 25 seconds in the stop. They would lose a fair bit each lap early so the net result was fairly close but Ferraris had bit of an edge here.

Our next season will be in the Jap pack cars Rx7, 370, r34 Gtr and Supra with ballast added to some to even out the field. Should be a fun series running season order reverse grid format so any Aussies or Kiwis looking for some Tuesday nite league racing action join in.

We usually get 24+ for races but a few dropped off during this season as some didnt get a handle of these old f1 cars. Our gr86 season had 30 sign ups and we can run those numbers in a single race if they all turn up on the nite. There are currently 17 signed up starting on the 2nd of August. We will have some fun runs before that so new guys can come and test the league out if they are interested. Go here for more info regarding the next season. http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1535.0

WallyM likes this.
  3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here is a video from our latest season, Jap pack with ballast to BOP the field. We have available the Supra(0kg) r34GTR(0kg) 370z (115kg) and rx7 (145kg). Each round will take forecasted weather for the race day at each real world location and this round was pretty hot with this race at Paul Ricard WTCC 32c with 42c track temp I think.

The current season will be reverse grid in season standings each race with 3 races per round, the first round had regular qualy race 1 then revers grid of race 1 for race 2 and reverse of race 2 for race 3. We have currently 25 signed up but due to some that couldnt make the first round 21 starters this round. There is space for at least 32 per race on all tracks so any Aussies or Kiwis up for some close Jap pack racing check out xgn.com.au to jump in and grab a spot for the rest of the season.

Race results from round 1 are here.
    http://xgnassettocorsa.blogspot.com.au/2016/08/s13r1-jap-pack-at-paul-ricard-wtcc.html

WallyM likes this.
  4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here is the battle for 4th place in race 2 between me and @Guybrush Threepwood my car was a bit banged up from a hit to the rear earlier and I also scraped a tyre bundle on the 2nd lap in the video. With the high temps the lf front was well done too at the end of this race and so it didnt like right hand entries too much, the rx7 even with ballast at this point of race was much better on corner entry but the GTR with its AWD has the big boost out of slower corners. We ended up on equal points at the end of the round even though in clear air Guy was clearly the quickest on the night, passing GTR's in the RX7 was quite hard work as the 2 straights both were quite slow entries where the GTR could pull a small gap. If the track has a longish straight with a faster entry then the rx7 top speed advantage will make passing easier but its fun mixing it up with different cars and reverse grid racing, where winning from the back of the grid isnt going to be easy but to do well in the season you simply need to avoid big incidents and pass as many as possible each round.

Guybrush Threepwood likes this.
  5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Latest round in the Jap pack reverse grid series at Tsukuba.

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Latest round of our Jap pack season at the awesomely made Baskerville circuit by @rainey06au

Its mid season so car swaps were forced and Ive gone for the heavyweight rx7 with 145kg of ballast. The video is from race 3 which is started in race 2 finish order with race 2 being in season order reverse grid.

The earlier races were a bit messy but its a small, awkward little track not so easy to pass at. This made for some messiness in the pack with a few people running out of patience. Also lots of blind corners makes following closely fairly tough.

rainey06au and Mael 2 like this.
  7. rainey06au

rainey06au Hardcore Simmer

These videos are freaking amazing! Thanks for the tag Marty. I wouldn't mind taking a copy of that Basky video and putting it public on my own Youtube channel if you were happy with me doing so? Great close racing too - nice to see everyone learning and coping with the nuances of Basky (ie. the blind corners that have a tendency to make people spontaneously swear loudly).

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You can take a copy and do that as I dont make any of my gaming videos public. You can try rip a copy off yt or I could send you the original in a file if the rip turns out not great quality.

Tracks always been fun but as you know its a bit tricky for some that havent learnt it yet. Its such a fun little layout though amd was good to race there with a few more people.

A couple issues that came up with the track is the cliff off the edge of the back straight and some pit boxes being a bit out of the way getting guys lost at first.

I dont know if driving through pit always registers the lap but some guys mentioned not having laps counted in practice after a drive through.

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

A video from last nites racing, this is probably my worst driving display so far. :oops:

Key points in the video

First half of the race failing to pass Jeremy.

7:15: Matthew passed both me and Jeremy after I hit him in the straight, maybe a bit of a late Max type defensive move but there was still enough room to go right and stay on track so I wasnt exactly squeezed. As Jeremy ran deep into next corner after the contact I didnt want to take advantage of the contact and stayed behind. This let Matthew pass us both.

10:00: Guybrush assisted me with a team pass on Jeremy. ;)

10:30: I hit Guybrush as a nice thanks to my team mate for the assist. [​IMG]

19:30: contact with Jeremy at the last chicane on the last lap. I was a long way back and not really trying a move on him, seeing he was mid track he also needed to brake harder for apex which made him slow more then I expected. I was trying to hold inside line tight with Guybrush outside, the door was closed pretty hard and no room so I went left onto the curb then jumped into Jeremy to repeat the move on Guybrush. :oops:

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

A video from race 1 of our latest round this week, I think maybe the first league race we had at Magione with all driving very well at this tight track for the 3 races. I expected much more carnage then we ended up with and that made it quite a bit harder to actually need to make positions. This race I got lucky in the right lane at the start as it was a bit of a traffic jam at times.

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The next XGN.com.au season start next week and will be in the Maserati GT4 cars using rolling starts. We had a practice round this week and tested some rolling start procedures for a single file and double file rolling start. Here are a couple videos showing the formation lap and first 2 race laps in these 2 test races at the awesome VIR track.

Currently there are 30 entered to start the season but as always there will be a few away for each round so there should be space for a few more Aussies if they are keen on a league season in these on Tuesday nights.

http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1617.0

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

New season of racing at XGN.com.au with 30 signed up and 27 showing up for the 1 hour Monza race in the Maserati GT4, Starts are single file rolling starts. Here is the start and the first few laps showing most of the field getting going.

13. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Nice one. The static cam is a good way to show most of the field.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here is a video from the latest season at XGN.com.au this was using the Maserati GT4 with single file rolling starts. This race we started at a lower grip and temps to simulate a damp track starting at around 85% and finishing about 90% at the end of the race. Here we had to have 1 compulsory stop for tyres with wear at 2x and with the cold temps graining was a bit of an issue on these hard compounds.

This race I didn't really have the pace to match the first 2 guys in qualy and I just got lucky on pit strategy putting in a couple of quick laps to make a small gain to get the lead and then hang on Lewis style trying to back 2nd into 3rd to get him off my tail at the end as he had me for pace and I couldn't really get away. I figured no point risking an error in the tricky slippery conditions and just ensure I nailed exits at critical parts and let him catch up in the sections a pass wasn't possible unless I made a big error.

15. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Multiclass racing on a Tuesday night in Australia at www.xgn.com.au, with the Porsche 962s and 911 GT1 versus Mercedes 190II, Alfa 155 and BMW M3 E30 at Silverstone '67. The Porsches had to do a compulsory tyre stop.

martcerv likes this.
  16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Another multiclass mid season fun run this time some WEC action with 919 and gt2/e.