1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Yes, No & Pause button assignment

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Coanda, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Please give us the functionality to assign these basic calls to our wheel/gpad buttons. Yes & No would really help clean up a few things online as less people would be distracted swapping back to there keyboards. Pause functionality has been asked for since the stone ages. Surely it cant be that hard to implement. You would make allot of people happy if you did ;)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Eyestrain due to camera movement May 7, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Where to find dash cam driver eyes values May 7, 2022
    Screens & Videos Yes officer, my civic is stock - Civic drifting Nov 27, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Two eyes on the spectator mode Jan 5, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer ACC is holding back Sim Racing [yes, that's the title the OP went with] Dec 17, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions needs graphic options in menu. EYES TEARED UP! Jun 25, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it just me or are peoples eyes really hurting after even a 10m race? XBOX One X Jun 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Got rammed on a split 1 CP race yesterday Jun 12, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Question for these tired old eyes Feb 20, 2020
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes steam acc doesn't respond at 110 udp. Ac local instead yes ... Bah !!! Dec 14, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [1.0.10] Dirt on drivers eyes/cockpit camera Sep 19, 2019
    ACC General Discussions HDR yes or not Mar 17, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality ACC & Oculus seems to strain your eyes Jan 18, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Rating : "last played 21H" but I didn't play yesterday Dec 20, 2018
    ACC General Discussions VR Support - Yes or No? Jun 10, 2018

3. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

If you are speaking of the PC version, you can workaround all this kind of problems with AutoHotKey ( HERE )
    I know you are asking something else, but I tell you (if you already don't know the software) hoping it can help you (and all others that miss this feature and that will read this post). As AC user (but more generally every kind of software) I tend to give less priority to features that miss, but that can be easily workarounded.

Just for example this is the script to bind pause to a joy/wheel button
    Code:
    JoyX:: Send, {Escape}

The same result can be surely achieved with control software that come with your controller, but I strongly suggest to make a little effort to understand how AutoHotKey works (it's really very easy) because with AutoHotKey you can do a lot of thing (not only for wheel and joystick), is very powerful and is totally independent form your controller. Even if it comes without control software, you can nevertheless totally program it.
    I hope it could help until kunos implement the features requested here.

If you are speaking about consoles versions, I can't help you.

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@marcocale - Thank you. I have looked at this software before. I take your point regarding working arounds. The reason I have not gone down this path is i have read software like this generates extra input lag Do you know anything about this?. I still think it would not take much for the devs to include this just like the recent MGU-K options that were added and for all platforms. I am a pc user and a little technical so its fine but I could also imagine many users avoiding writing there own script etc..

5. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

At the end of the day AutoHotKey is something that run in background interacting with you controller setup (i.e. using resource), but I find it very light. I use it from a lot of time (for example to be able to use stick or paddle indifferently) and I can tell you I can't see any difference in input lag when I use it and when I forget to start it before launching AC (Yes, I'm so lazy I never took 30 sec to write a batch that launch my script before starting AC :D)
    I think it could depend also on how complex the script is. This is one of the reason for which I opted for this language instead of using application like Joy2Key, controller's control software or generally "multipurpose", "all inclusive" software (i.e. complex to let you make almost everything when you really need only the 0.1% of that ;)). In AutoHotKey you can write your specific script with just what you need (in your case just 3 lines, one for pause, one for Yes and One for N), transform it in an .exe and then let it run in the background.
    This is is what I experienced, I can only suggest you it's worth you try yourself to evaluate if it has impact on your configuration.
    You have a point on users not being all experienced to write script (I understand that this is one of the main reason behind your initial request), but till that feature will miss, everyone that need help can ask in that thread I pointed.

Just to better elaborate my point in the first post, I understand and I agree on your request, but, just for example, I would prefer developers before working on this feature(that, like we see, can be easily addressed by users) give us the possibility to define a button or a key for neutral and one for the reverse (actually not possible at program level).
    This is also something you can do with a AutoHotKey script (I tried to write a script that scroll down gears to N and R independently form the gear used), but unfortunately that workaround doesn't work very well (time needed to change gear in game, reflecting real gear change time of the car, make this script way too slow). Hopefully that simulation feature (cars with sequential shifter have that possibility) will be implemented at some time. :cool:

It's for me an important feature mainly because I want to take full advantage of this "new entry" waiting to be mounted on my rig... ahahahha :D:D:cool::oops:
    [​IMG]

(Sorry for the OT, but couldn't resist!!!! :D)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

The D-Pad currently cannot be used to assign functions. There were some rumors that they want to use it for stuff like Pitstops and I guess it could be used for that as well.
    It would be important that you wouldn't have to assign buttons, so it's available by default.

Assigning would only be necessary for controllers that don't have such a pad.

7. Atrip3

Atrip3 Racer