1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your ac driving soundtrack

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by nonnex, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I was 17(?) when this one came out.(it actually came out in 1982 already but I saw it on Sky a few years later) It just has about everything I wanted back then:)
    Jag[check]
    Sexy Redhead[check]
    Great song[check]

Cheers
    Robin

nonnex and TDS like this.
  2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I don't listen to music when racing, want to hear the engine sounds, tire sounds as clear as possible etc.. even though I'm huge music buff outside of sim racing.

But best racing music for me would be guitar rock by virtuoso guitarists like Joe Satriani. I mean, that music just has "driving fast cars" written all over it :D

Another option is of course classic 80's hard rock:

Simple but effective stuff :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  3. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

my soundtrack are the engine noises, nothing else :)

GTHQ_koop and Jan Mackewich like this.
  4. nonnex

nonnex Alien

lol, why I have somehow knew that. No Fun, No Music,... Youre a 3D Robot. ;)

Since a lot of 80's have been shown here, this one must have a place here too.

Searched a top gun movie version but found no good ones, so Archer has to do it.

ShredatorFIN and TDS like this.
  5. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

Some might remember this from another game... still awesome to drive to!

Tim Meuris likes this.
  6. Mombius

Mombius Gamer

I prefer the engine sound.

7. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

When racing at Nord...

TDS likes this.
  8. ryohji

ryohji Gamer

If I want to drive cool:

If I want to drive angry:

Works alos withother prodigy songs Feeder, Ash,

If I want to drive 80s:

That's mandatory with the countach, the F40 and the 288 GTO

Also this:

If I want to drive a car made before 1975:

TDS likes this.
  9. If I was ever going to play any music whilst racing, it would probably be this.....

TDS and Tim Meuris like this.
  10. Zeether

Zeether Gamer

I mostly use Eurobeat. Just the right intensity for any kind of driving.

11. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

And the award for Best Song Choice While Racing AC goes to Mombius.

12. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Well I don't listen to anything while racing, but + [insert big number here] for mentioning Jethro Tull.
    Been my favorite band for more than 25 years now. That's the only band I never got bored listening to :)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    TDS likes this.
  13. TDS

TDS Alien

Did u listened the 2014 Ian Anderson Album - Homo Erraticus? amazing stuff :)

14. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Not so much....just did....reminds me of a mix of Broadsword and Roots to branches.....shall listen more

TDS likes this.
  15. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Sounds ok but unfortunately it's nowhere near the proper band. Too soft in my opinion. :)

TDS likes this.
  16. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I usually run without music but warming up with this song:

or this one

depending how im feeling

and ofc, if its a trackday i always go with the first and if its a race the other one

18. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

I don't listen to music when playing AC because I want to be able to hear the car clearly without it having to fight with the music.

This song was on the soundtrack for Hotwheels: Turbo Racing and I used to play that quite a bit on ps1. I am surprised no one has mentioned it yet.

nonnex likes this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Something fast and hypnotic...

20. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

I don't play music while im driving very often, but if i do, depending what mood i am in, it will be either some classic 70's/80's rock (ac/dc, motley crew, freebird) or some good up tempo beats, like prodigy, pendulum, skrillex.. Prodigy - invaders must die is a great song to drift to, although i find i drive more aggressive with that song, so i end up throwing the car around a lot harder.