1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your compromise between FPS, smoothness, tearing and output lag.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Tim Claessens, Dec 30, 2013.

1. So this morning I've been trying to work out what the best compromise of settings in between having a smooth image, a sustainable FPS and no tearing which has proven to be quite difficult in AC.
    In most sims whenever I can achieve a constant 121FPS I have no issues with tearing and I have a perfectly smooth moving image that doesn't appear stuttery.
    But since AC is of a newer generation it gets a bit more difficult to achieve a constant FPS like that since obviously it requires abit more horsepower to keep it up there, so I've been searching all morning to something that has the same fluidity but offcourse which also doesn't have tearing and honestly, I can't find it.

When I for example use the std 84FPS limit in iR (and there are a couple of other numbers) I don't get any tearing and for the most part it remains a smooth image (unlike for instance around 60which becomes too choppy in my opinion) but that same 84FPS in AC results in immense tearing in the middle of the screen.

So I started trying to mess with v-sync (and obviously prerendered frames at 1) which did indeed gave a smooth image but cars became nearly unsaveable so that option was out of the window quickly.
    On to adaptive v-sync and not only did it again introduce some output lag, the top 10% of the screen started to tear and it didnt feel smooth at all.
    Just trying to limit it around 60fps (I tried 59,60, 61, 62, 63) all felt like crap (ie choppy image) plus it kept tearing up the screen...

So what do you guys use? Apart from my good ol around 120fps (which drops on tracks like Silverstone) I can't seem to find a proper setting!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Best VR settings? [editing engine.ini can compromise game looks/performance/reliability] May 27, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds differences between versions Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Safety rating - differences between driver statistics and ingame Sep 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Gain differences between cars Nov 19, 2022
    ACC User Interface Quick race menu: starting pos. not applied in between series (while opp. number does) Jul 19, 2022
    General modding discussion i have a problem between throttle and clutch May 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Similarities between patches Feb 8, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Regular Disconnects between Quali and race start Jan 25, 2022
    General modding discussion What is the difference between list and tuples in Python Jan 19, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game hangs when loading Career or Champs when auto-saved between sessions Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting tires info disappears between sessions Nov 14, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Inconsistent FFB between gaming sessions Nov 2, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Multiplayer between Old and new consoles Oct 13, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes on single player with AI (between FP2 and Q) Aug 29, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game ruining bug: Big difference between HUD lap time and speed on track Aug 26, 2021

3. Crunch

Crunch Racer

I have tried about every vsync refresh rate under the sun and now I'm running 100Hz, vsync on, 100 fps capped (there appears to be a reason why it likes this particular fps and vsync setting, see links below). This seems to be the smoothest and anything else produces a micro-stutter or object "jitter" along with increased input lag. There may be some issues with the rendering / physics engine it seems. In your case with a 60hz monitor try 100hz, no vsync, capped at 100. Unfortunately this will probably still tear and it will not be as smooth as having vsync enabled.

See these posts for further details on the issue:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/refresh-rate-and-micro-stuttering.4377/

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...jittering-motion-when-rendering-at-60hz.3756/

4. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Vsync off, frame limit to 91 (or maximum that you can obtain as a minimum all the time), Pre rendered frames to 1 (or max frame latency for ATI cards)..

claudiopolez likes this.
  5. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

How do you guys measure steering wheel lag? I am very curious because I use vsync on and set capped fps at 60 and I do not have input lag at all. I may upload a video just to be sure I am not perceiving lag.

6. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Racer

You have a very good PC and should have no problems running this game with all the requirements you want. Even my computer runs this game with vsync at stable stutter free 60fps with mostly highest settings. All you must compromise on is the cube reflections... need to be at low... and AF needs to be at 8x. Once you find the settings that take a giant amount of FPS away you can pretty much crank all the other things up. So I really don't understand how you have a better pc but cant run it as good as me.

7. I don't measure it but I instantly feel it when going on track and I start missing apexes or when correcting slides turns into a giant pendulum because youre constantly chasing a car thats already doing other stuff you can't see yet.

Keep in mind that I run at 5760*1200 so I have a bit less than twice as much pixels to render.. I already disabled HDR & Motion blur, world detail is at medium, shadows medium. Reflections are at low and the reflection counter thing is at 1.

8. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

this. To get rid of jaggies, run Sparse Grid Supersampling (x2 or x4) in Nvidia Nspector. Cube resolution to low. MOtion Blur off as i find it blurs details where it shouldnt. HDR looks too good to loose it, and should not cost too many fps.