1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your Custom Liveries

Discussion in 'ACC Screenshots & Videos' started by popo87, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Justin w

Justin w Simracer

2. Justin w

Justin w Simracer

3. NikoM

NikoM Rookie

Screen.png Screen1.png Screen 2.png Silver_Porsche_Design_997_GT3_Cup_(Porsche_Rennsport_Reunion_IV).jpg

Tundra and Krug59 like this.
  4. Justin w

Justin w Simracer

5. Justin w

Justin w Simracer

2021-10-10_00_46_23-Greenshot.jpg 2021-10-10_00_46_32-Greenshot.jpg 2021-10-10_00_46_14-Greenshot.jpg

Tundra likes this.
  6. Justin w

Justin w Simracer

7. Boonatix

Boonatix Racer

8. Leo Sousa

Leo Sousa Gamer

site1.png
    F1 TRIBUTE PACK - https://setsbase.com/product/f1-tribute-pack-acc-leo-sousa-prime-skins/

site2.png
    MCLAREN MP4/3 Ayrton Senna - https://setsbase.com/product/mclaren-mp4-3-ayrton-senna-acc-leo-sousa-prime-skins/

site3.png
    FERRARI 412T2 JEAN ALESI - https://setsbase.com/product/ferrari-412t2-jean-alesi-acc-leo-sousa-prime-skins/

site5.png
    PORSCHE 911 GT3R RB6 VETTEL - https://setsbase.com/product/porsche-911-gt3r-rb6-vettel-acc-leo-sousa-prime-skins/

site4.png
    BENTLEY CONTINENTAL WILLIAMS FW14B MANSELL - https://setsbase.com/product/bentley-continental-williams-fw14b-mansell-acc-leo-sousa-prime-skins/

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      842.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    Tundra, Echo_29, cstibikeee and 3 others like this.
  9. Teufelskaktus

Teufelskaktus Rookie

10. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

11. Leo Sousa

Leo Sousa Gamer

12. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Those liveries look awesome ! I'll download them ASAP.

Freddie Seng and Leo Sousa like this.
  13. Justin w

Justin w Simracer

Anyone know why since latest update it now saves dds files in folder when you load a custom skin into game and open it

14. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

I can't answer the "why" part of your question, but can add a few more details of what's changed in this area with v1.8, based on my own observations:

• ACC now creates DDS files in the same folder as your custom PNG files. Two DDS files are created for each PNG:
      • sponsors_0.dds is auto-created when you first view the livery in the showroom. This is a 4090x4096 DDS file. A similar DDS file is created for decals.png.
      • sponsors_1.dds is auto-created when you first use the livery on track. This is a 2048x2048 DDS file. A similar DDS file is created for decals.png.
    • The colours in those DDS files are incorrect (washed out) if the PNG file is 8-bit colour indexed. In our league we have typically been using a PNG compression tool TinyPNG to get the PNG file sizes down, since we think it reduces the lag spikes when a custom livery car joins the server. Unfortunately TinyPNG works by converting PNGs to 8-bit colour indexed images, so that's not gonna work anymore.
    But this isn't all bad! I have a theory that if the DDS files are pre-generated (i.e. by using the livery once), we might eliminate lag spikes when joining the server, or at least get those lag spikes comparable to what we see with an in-game livery. If that's the case then we no longer need to care about the PNG filesize. I'll be testing it tonight hopefully.

I know this is all unsupported, but I'd love to hear from the devs if:
    1. These DDS files are here to stay, or will be patched out?
    2. The 8-bit PNG issue is just a limitation, or will be reverted to previous behavior? To be honest this might be a moot point if pre-generating the DDS files yields the performance benefits I'm hoping it will.

R0CKY and azzah like this.
  15. Justin w

Justin w Simracer

Thanks for reply just a ball ache now when checking skin I'm making as have to delete the dds file everytime before saving the png then waitvfor game to reload it

16. Luca Spezzani

Luca Spezzani Rookie

Can anyone tell me why some liveries I made now in game don't work?

17. DiRTyDRiVER

DiRTyDRiVER Hardcore Simmer

• go to File menuSettings.json: Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config
    • search to ”texDDS”: 1,
    • change value 1 to 0 ( change only if ACC is not running )

Gopher04 likes this.
  18. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

Sorry not at my gaming PC. What happens if you set this back to 0? Does it revert to the pre-1.8 behaivour?

19. DiRTyDRiVER

DiRTyDRiVER Hardcore Simmer

Prevents self-generating DDS files.

Gopher04 likes this.
  20. azzah

azzah Simracer

There's a good chance it'll also prevent you from seeing an improvement regarding custom livery induced join lag.

So unless you're currently editing textures, leave it set to 1.