1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your Custom Liveries

Discussion in 'ACC Screenshots & Videos' started by popo87, Dec 17, 2019.

1. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

1) Is it possible to remove the 24H lights on custom livery?

- I do not know of any way to do so, besides, in Night races you would benefit from having them.

2) How to get a bare carbon livery?

Well, Carbon in reality is matte grey (dark grey). So you can just choose any livery and let every single element of it be some really dark grey with matte effect.
    If you mean the "typical" texture (actually most of the time it is a vinyl foil with that texture applied onto the body parts), then the answer is sadly, that it is not possible, as there is no such texture available.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I thought it depends on which type of session you drive in, if it's a Sprint-style race it uses the Sprint spec for all cars, otherwise Endurance spec. As for online, no clue. There's no way of specifying it for custom liveries within the UI.

3. zelimper

zelimper Staff Member

(actually most of the time it is a vinyl foil with that texture applied onto the body parts)
    Never on any of the cars ive seen that.. the body is just real full carbon, and far from an apllied texture..

4. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

So i guess it is not possible yet, thanks for replies.

5. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Well, the original question was if it is possible to make a bare carbon skin.
    Bare carbon (not to be confused with carbon fibre) looks matte (-ish) dark grey.

Now the carbon fibre design you see on most cars is a vinyl texture applied, as actually molding the part from carbon fibre costs a lot of money.

Now most Racecars do have their bodyparts molded from carbon fibre, or fiberglass, what has a distinct look, yet when handing the car over to teams, the cars usually have a base color (usually white).
    So to turn them to look carbon fibre-ish, the easiest way is to apply a vinyl texture onto the base color of the car.
    As a car is usually used by multiple teams/drivers who rent it for a race, the team operating the car needs to apply different sponsors and designs to the car sometimes from one weekend to another.
    There are two ways to do this, either they change the bodyparts form one design to the other, or just apply the needed design via another vinyl.
    (I think the 2nd one is the easier method.)

And then there are the few cars who have actual molded bodyparts, looking "bare". - Did not really see many of these.

Freddie Seng and carlossanchez97 like this.
  6. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ugh, you're very wrong, they n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ seldom use carbon vinyl, the car is delivered with exposed carbon finish. It is sanded and treated, which gives it a semi-glossy look.

The cars are usually kept bare carbon most of the time, the teams wrap them on location (unless it can miraculously retain the livery throughout the season without damage), also when they repair damage and don't have time to rewrap the body part it just stays carbon, you can see many examples of that. At Spa for example the #43 remained carbon for the race after it had a big shunt in practice, as they only had time (or resources) to add the stickers and stripes on the new bodywork, they didn't apply the black wrap at all. Most wraps also allow you to see the fibre pattern underneath the wrap if you look at it from up close.

I remember only two cars that were white in the entire season, one was the test mule Mclaren we saw in the test at Paul Ricard (although another bare carbon car was parked in the garage the whole time), so it was just white wrap, and I vaguely rememember an image of the delivery of an Aston that was already wrapped in white.
    Just do a search on the World of GT3 FB page, and you'll see that most of the time the cars are delivered bare carbon.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    D.Jankovic, Tundra, JanR and 3 others like this.
  7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

8. pankykapus

Well, yes, if you desire more bling, but it doesn't change the fact.

9. pankykapus

Here's a Porsche prepared for delivery, you can see how the different parts are made from different patterns:
    upload_2020-1-7_18-50-29.png

10. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

yep i was talking about this skin.
    Also in-game we see this skin in setup menu.
    Before custom livery official implementation it was possible to get this bare carbon only look.

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

It's just a protection film at the front.

pankykapus likes this.
  12. azzah

azzah Simracer

With the new templates added in v1.3 we've now arrived at 10 for the 991.2 GT3 Cup.
    I've taken some of the new and the old ones and put them into the blender along with some colours that I nicked from other cars. The results may not be very original, but I find them rather presentable :D

black_swan.png castrol.png grt.png gulf.png manthey.png martini.png pig.png rinaldi.png rjn.png rowe.png

Maranello78, Torcano, popo87 and 4 others like this.
  13. popo87

popo87 Simracer

Nasty!

14. Hawke78

Hawke78 Gamer

15. Farfus

Farfus Rookie

My last creation

20200214210532_1.jpg

Coanda, sloty and popo87 like this.
  16. kouki46

kouki46 Racer

17. DusterBuster

DusterBuster Gamer

Hi, do you guys know if there is any chance that the default porsche motorsport template will be added for the old GT3R? Since the new one and the cup porsche do have them.

18. fast_bear

fast_bear Rookie

Hello Everyone, it's me or there is a problem with the Lexus ?