1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your First AC Competition

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TrenchcoatNinja, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Hey guys, in my anticipation for multiplayer competitions and leagues (or multiplayer in general) I wanted to get a feel for what you all will try to find first!

Maybe some quirky 500 Abarth races?
    Abarths.jpg
    Some hardcore Z4 or MP-12C GT3-ing?
    Z4 GT3s.jpg
    Or go straight for F1 style in Lotus 125 Step 1 races?
    T125 S1.jpg
    Let me know what you're thinking of!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    XBox One Discussions I FINALLY got my SA to play in Competition servers on xbox one and...... Feb 2, 2024
    General modding discussion AC2 dedicated server API for competition systems Apr 16, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Returning the old competition Jul 5, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos Competition Servers@ACC: Incident Report missing Jun 23, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions empty competition server Jun 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Serveur compétition vide. Jun 6, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room racecraft.online - Free Competition Platform for Sim Racers Jun 6, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Competition Server requiring DLCs already installed May 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Incorrect Competition Server Region Feb 13, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer SA Competition Server problems Jan 22, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC PS4 competition server Dec 19, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Can't join Competition Server constantly says 'Please Refresh' [Screenshot included] Dec 19, 2021
    ACC Blog Competition Server changes - 1.8.4 Nov 26, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer SA Competition servers broken Jun 19, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Competition registration time misreported May 23, 2021

3. Massimo Duse

Massimo Duse Rookie

and... all toegether? no? :)

TrenchcoatNinja and Bailey like this.
  4. Joao Alves

Joao Alves Racer

I actually found the 500 Abarth to be surprisingly fun to race in a big grid. I definitely want to try it against some real people! Then jump back into the 12C GT3 to get some practice in :D Can't wait!

5. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

The slightly cheeky answer would be "the one with the best stewarding that runs at a time I can make". Actually, that's not really that cheeky as those are the two absolutes for me getting involved in an attempt to Do It Properly.

That said, in terms of what content interests me...

Glad the 500 came up. I'd love to have a decent pop at that on the shorter tracks. Several 20 minute-ish races back to back in that lil' thing would superb fun.

The 80s Beemer touring car just screams RACE ME.

The GT stuff, also, is very appealing, especially the GT3s (the GT2s are a bit hot for me). If it were a multiclass environment, it would need to be a long enough race format to average out the extra driver politeness required to make it work, and unfortunately I don't think we're going to have the tools to make that work early on.

The FAbarth is very appealing, the normal Exos moderately so, but definitely not the S1 Exos. I freely admit that this is because I am nowhere near good enough to be able to race the S1 safely and enjoyably.

Mogster and TrenchcoatNinja like this.
  6. Thanks for the responses, I'd personally like to get it started with the Formula Abarth, the thing's just so forgiving for what looks like a knife-edge open-wheeler. Also I would have definitely mentioned that BMW Group A car had I not had three examples already :)

Chances are, though, the guys who have been simracing for a while now won't want anything but the most challenging (the 125), so I imagine I'll be comfortably in the last third of their pack.

7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Slower cars are more my level, so it'll be the Fiat 500 to Lotus 2'11 for me. I enjoy messing around with the faster stuff but I'm not competitive.

As I've said before I'd like to see some more one make cup cars, Clios, Fiestas etc.

8. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I happen to be an endurance guy, so the P4/5 is where I always feel at home. I gotta say that the smaller, slower, large suspension traveling cars are so fun to race in a pack! VOIP makes it even more exciting.
    ~Bailey

Mogster likes this.
  9. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Would love to do some GT3. If a really good Gen6 NASCAR Sprint Cup mod comes out eventually, though, you'll definitely find me there because ovals are definitely my main deal. I'll also race anyone in anything on the Nordschleife.

10. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I really like the E30 Group A against AI, so it's what I have most practice in. Will probably stick to that at first. Although if the GT2/3 are popular I wouldn't mind switching to those; I just can't race them safely with AI.

11. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I want to try JP in MP with touge rules :D

12. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

T125 Standard, because i am very competive on all tracks and can run easily constant times.
    GT3 and GT2 for sure, i dont like street cars that much.

My Bro will drive mostly Group A and street cars like f40.
    Sometimes gt3/2 class.

But what i fear is that i am too fast for any gamepad user and cant drive with wheel user, where my skilllevel is, due limitation..

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

13. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

GT2/GT3, without question. In the back pack ;)

Joao Alves likes this.
  14. Joao Alves

Joao Alves Racer

Right behind you! Literally :D

15. Bill

Bill Gamer

I'll be battling it out with these guys in the C7.R until I get my footing in Assetto. I can make it around the track mostly right now, but the cars (so far) and single player aren't as much my style so I don't get much practice in xD

16. Joao Alves

Joao Alves Racer

I'm looking forward to jumping into the 12C GT3, and I think I can run some pretty good laps. I just have to see over how many laps I can do it. Gahhh!!!! These threads are getting me all worked up for MP :D So close, I can almost see the button clicking in the menu!

17. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

Give me all of them!:D

18. The Entity

The Entity Hardcore Simmer

GT2/GT3 for me. And I also like the KTM to race.
    Also hoping for some LMP cars too have a mixed grid of different classes like the real world racing series.

Hany, Bill and Bailey like this.
  19. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Exos standard or s1 (don't really care), but some gt endurance racing I like too (coming from lfs so ye).

I'd also love some btcc-ish racing

I btw also love touge racing (initial d style, maybe without the drifting). I hope there'll be some awesome mods for that

20. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

With evenly matched competitors, that sounds like a riot :)

21. TCLF

TCLF Alien

I've done it with rfactor 1 with my friends on mountain akina and shomaru pass, and it's a blast. Def when you let the fastest of the 2 run behind first. Other way around he can mostly follow me and copy my line (which is an advantage)