1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your prediction for the big announcement dec 31st

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by arthur666, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Yes, and a very lovely car it is for sure. I like be race cars for obvious reasons but the RUF and F40 have been taking up all my seat time...

They really put the fun in hot lapping, it's not just you vs the track, you need to use all your driving moxy to make them sing...

But some focus on racing features would be very welcomed sooner than later.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  2. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I remember about 6 years ago when I was repairing parking meters heard this glorious sound in the distance and stopped to listen for a second then went back to work, well the sounds got closer and closer then it was right behind me. So I turned around and there was this beautiful red lambo countach parked and the guy got out to ask me info about the meters. We had a nice convo and exchanged cards as he was some bigwig in tv production and I was a professional actor working p/t to pay rent/bills etc. So I caved and asked if can sit in it and he obliged and it fit like a glove, then of course we got bombarded by everyone around but it was a nice 15 min of time spent with a lambo owner.

arthur666, ekosan, Lawndart and 2 others like this.
  3. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

I watched the video from Kunos and why the hell is the Nissan GTR GT3 RHD? (same goes for the Nissan in R3E :confused:)

btw: imo the Bmw suits the Dream pack Dlc much better than the ruf.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  4. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

idk, from the vid it looked like it was RHD.

5. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

ofcourse i meant RHD :D but never saw it on track, all customer GT3 Nissans are LHD

6. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

true, true they even had JRM visit them (or the track, at least) and that one was LHD as well. Not sure what it'll be.

arthur666 likes this.
  7. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Because the real car is. The JP, UK version has higher emission restrictions and the series they run has strict production rules regarding the power plant so the GT car is based on the NA version, just like the nismo version.

this car is also one of the few awd racecars... Most teams opt for rwd for weight savings (power to weight ratio).

8. Dennis Neo

Dennis Neo Racer

Nice! :)

2015 will be exciting year for the virtual racing fans indeed!

Thanks Kunos.

9. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren, Pagani, Mercedes
    I think I know the mystery behind all the license "magic". Marco is a son of Michael Corleone. First he asks nicely, if it doesn't work then he's making an offer they can't refuse.
    Oh crap now he need to kill me.:(

nate, Mogster, yusupov and 3 others like this.
  10. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I don't think the GT3 is AWD bro, all GT3 race cars are RWD due to regulations, or else the Audi R8 would have had quattro ;)
    And all GT3 GTR's are LHD as far as I know.

11. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

Kunos didn't disappoint!

12. Berry

Berry Alien

Indeed, the GT3 GT-R is RWD, it's still powered by the same VR38DETT, which is nice.I suppose 4WD/AWD is still in the works, and will be implemented with the street GT-R or the Audi's.:)

yusupov likes this.
  13. Fahim

Fahim Racer

It's the Italian connection. It's not what you know. It's who you know. These Don Bambino's are not to be messed with.

14. Tom 00

Tom 00 Simracer

Looks like Brands Hatch, Barcelona and Zandvort landing this year too!

cooknn and Ben Lee like this.
  15. ABernardo

ABernardo Racer

Right. A bunch of announcements, no new fixes or content. They probably planned to Ruf release a day or two early so folks wouldn't gripe about no big, giant, huge eve announcement.

We still have a great simulator, which is pretty much featureless, and packed with bugs, things that don't work, and empty promises (still basic MP pits, no AI pits in single-player, and no server-side tools or live MP timing-- all of which all past and present racing titles have, no matter how awful they are otherwise).

For real, Kunos sure didn't disappoint. It's amazing what people can put up with.

Alan

Sakai, esox71 and Zeną like this.
  16. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Hopefully both.

17. Zeną

Zeną Gamer

I wonder what is so exciting about those Lambo cars that people here drool about? The shape? Nope, they all look identical, like an angular wedge; I wouldn't probably be able to distinguish an Aventadoor from a Gallardo. They're even more boringly the same than the Porsches. So the sound maybe? Well.....a high-pitched V8 that sounds like an electric drill. Coupled with Assetto's so-so sound engine...... I don't want to know. The history? True, they were invented by a tractor manufacturer, but apart from that they're mostly driven by rich playboys or wealthy dentists going through the mid-life crisis. "I have a lot of money, no personality, no brain and no purpose in life.....what to do? I know! I'll get myself a Lambo, I'll be original and creative!'

Meanwhile, an advertisement for a racing game:

'Imagine a racing sim where you will be able to race intelligent computer opponents without them rear-ending you at the first opportuninty, pushing you off into the grass, for which you will receive a penalty. Imagine intelligent computer opponents who DO NOT stop like idiots just before Eau Rouge, only to pass you seven seconds later on the straight when you're already going flat-out. Imagine being able to actually shift into the first gear BEFORE the starting lights go out, holding the clutch in. Imagine the freedom of turning the pit-limiter on at will and actually driving along the pits by yourself! Imagine being shown a blue flag during a race, just like in reality! Imagine smooth and flawless online racing, without cars appearing and disappearing at random, and without idiots crashing into you* at Turn One every race! Imagine........ ah, stop imagining things, get a Lambo and ejaculate!'

* I know, I know. Kunos don't have the power to remotely send brainless *****s to uranium mines for life......which is a pity.

Aqib and plaid like this.
  18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Would it be that difficult for Kunos to provide RHD versions of the cars where they exist? I'd pay a few quid for a DLC with the feature if that's what it takes....

19. Mogster

Mogster Alien

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/34409/

ears1991 likes this.
  20. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Brands Hatch and Zandvoort I like a lot. Barcelona isn't a personal favorite, but could still be interesting.