1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your rig/setup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ethan Dean, Dec 26, 2013.

1. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

Yes meant the other way, nearly got rumbled by the boss so was rushing ;)

Snarffu likes this.
  2. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

LOL
    There is a 'Divorce' thread already. I wonder if a 'Sacked' thread will be along soon? o_O

3. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

I doubt he would sack me, just find me more crapola to do ;)

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  4. Wildchild

Wildchild Gamer

G27 is good option if you want it now. DFGT is good option if you are not sure if you like simracing.

BUT if you want to drive, i suggest you save another 200€ and directly buy T500rs. Its not waste of money.

5. <Remik>

<Remik> Hardcore Simmer

6. Great Setup mate! Can you tell me more about the TH8RS's knob? Looks Great!

7. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

I have been thinking of doing another knob, this just reminded me of it.

I just measured the thread on thethrustmaster, a bit strange.. I looked at it and thought it would be an M8 metric thread on the shaft. Turns out it is not, it's more like 8.8mm but has the 1.25mm pitch of an m8 thread..

We are metric over here so I haven't looked to see if it matches an imperial size but thrustmaster are french and I know their other products use standard metric threads so it seems a little strange.

Too bad, if I want to make my own I can only use taps as the only internal threads I do on my lathe are usually 25mm and larger so Idont have an internal threading tool to do something as smal as 8.8mm...

8. <Remik>

<Remik> Hardcore Simmer

from ebay ;) I prefer short knob and with this one I can adjust height and go low :)

ps. filled the inside spring with uvex ear plugs x 12 :) so knob is stiff :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  9. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

I see, they replaced the shaft as well.

10. DaveH36

DaveH36 Gamer

very, very cool!

11. <Remik>

<Remik> Hardcore Simmer

...no shaft is genuine so U can change this tomorrow :D

12. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

Yes, I just pulled mine off and I can see that the shaft you posted was from the shifter with a M6 thread on the end.

I might just make up a copy of the shaft with a more standard thread on the top.

13. <Remik>

<Remik> Hardcore Simmer

have fun :)

I'm sorry but tomorrow I have to work from 7 am :confused: so it's time to go sleep :( ;)

14. Wildchild

Wildchild Gamer

Yesterday i build v1 of axis handbrake. Im not guite satisfyed about the range of handbrake but i need to test it in practice.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

The mess has been cleaned-up now and set-up has been updated with a CSS-SQ and a gaming-pc saying goodbye to PS ;)

Hoping it (pc) will fire up tonight for the 1st time and getting AC over from my Laptop to the pc...

16. Hany

Hany Alien

Looking good Koop :) U finally ditched the ps3 and gran turismo :D

17. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

Heeeey NOS..!! Good to see you here..!!

Yep, GT6 sucks huge...Don't have much faith in PS4 and having to pay for PSN, decided this would be the logical step to take ;)

Hany likes this.
  18. Wildchild

Wildchild Gamer

[​IMG]
    Oh man, it works! The motionrange is perfect (about 10-15cm from tip and it came out looking nice. I just might left that in that condition.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

So i made an axis handbrake. Electronics are from old logitech rumblepad, wich i bought around 2007? or so. It has both analog and digital modes. I changed the digital switch to release model, so i does not demand pulling the handbrake alltheway to end. It now connects around half way. I allso made the tip my self. I remembered i had some railing ends left from another project and 50mm of stainless steel tube. I tig welded them together, sanded and buffed. Result came out nice. Handbrake shaft is about 40cm long. :D The protective box is made from 0,6mm steel and some wood parts.

Costs:

Scapmetal: 0€
    Old rumbepad: 5€
    Releace switch: 0,7€
    Stainless tubing and ends: 3,6€
    Work 11h: 0€

Total 9,6€ in money.

19. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

Wow man, this is seriously inspirational!
    I welded together a cockpit and got the power seat to work... So this kind of project shouldn't be impossible :)

But how to know what to solder in the spare controller I got?
    Would you mind helping a prospect out? :)

20. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

I put together a new shaft and put it on. I need to do some laps to get the feeling but I do prefer something that isn't quite as long as the default TH8. I did like my wifes MX5 shifter, it wasn't very long and was easier to get in and out of.

I was racing to do it before I had to go out so don't mind the quality of the work! In fact when I went to make the 9mmx1.25 thread I had the lathe set to inches and started to cut the wrong one. Grr, thankfully I changed it on the fly and managed to get the right thread done before the wrong one was too fully formed to make it impossible. Anyway, who cares, it's not visible and I wasn't selling it. It can be rubbish :) handleon.jpg shaft.jpg

JoeMoore, Snarffu and Xenix like this.