1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Z4 GT3 and M3 GT2 Comparison

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by C3PO, Jan 1, 2014.

1. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

It's been interesting to compare the GT3 Z4 (red) and the GT2 variant of the M3 (blue) at Monza this week. I used AiM analysis and the GT2 is faster. Graphs from top-down: BRAKE / GEAR / SPEED / THROTTLE / TIME DIFFERENTIAL

EDITED: GOT COLORS ROUND THE WRONG WAY!! THE ABOVE IS NOW CORRECT o_O
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Getting GT2 cars with GT3 tag Nov 27, 2018
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa : Intense Battle (Replay) - 458 GT2 vs Z4 GT3 on Nurburgring GT Jan 23, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Fanatec Porsche GT2 (GT3RS and similar wheels in series). Settings. Best firmware and drivers. Oct 22, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues [launcher] GT3 tag also shows GT2/GTE cars May 12, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Loving the custom championship mode! F1 inspired livery's in a GT2/GT3 cup. Jan 1, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues V1.11 GT3/GT2/Porsche Cup Tyre pressure Dec 20, 2016
    Chit Chat Room GTE/GT2 vs GT3 Nov 16, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues GT3 tag is both GT3 and GT2 cars Sep 7, 2016
    Console Lounge Cars list in each category ? (GT3, GT2, XX ...) Aug 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Done with first corner madness, starting a new gt2/gt3 race server Jan 9, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Monza - 24/7 gt3 & gt2 server - chit chat Jul 16, 2015
    Liveries Scuderia smiraglia official cars 458 gt2 mp4 12c gt3 May 16, 2015
    Screens & Videos How to race on spa francorchamps gt2/gt3 Apr 20, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Gt2 & gt3 complete roster and traks? Apr 19, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Nismo gt3 vs other gt3 / gt2 cars Mar 15, 2015

3. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Looks like clearly the better tyres on the GT2 car is responsible for this. That means the GT2 car is the one to have at the Nords :)

4. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

The GT2 is most definitely the quicker car, but i just can't get a nice view out of the cockpit compared to the GT3, I think i just prefer the GT3 at the moment. Can't wait to get some multi class MP going, already rented a dedicated server ready for use for TFR events.

5. Faran

Faran Gamer

I was wondering why I kept getting faster lap-times with the M3 GT2. :p

6. IMHO i think the m3 gt2 is the most rounded car in the game so far and the z4 gt3 i just cannot get my head around it feels sluggish and slower turning compared , dont know if having the same wheel settings as the m3 helps?

7. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

What settings are you changing?! Thought you are just meant to leave the wheel alone? Or do you mean gain?

I just dont like the view out of the window in the M3, although it is one of my favourite GT2 cars.

8. I dont change any settings but ive read some people change the force feed back for some cars . Compared to the m3 gt2 with the same settings the cars feels sluggish for some reason .

9. Yes I also much prefer the M3. I find it much more enjoyable to drive and significantly faster than the Z4 GT3.

10. I think the m3 gt2 will be a car which will be raced an awfull lot in multiplayer !

11. Can't wait to try the 458 GT2

C3PO and Bailey like this.
  12. Yeah that should be smart and the mp4 gt3 . Dont think the m3 will be able to match the 458 .

13. but the telemetry is in game or real? In game I guess. I think M3 is a bit faster about 1 sec. but not in Monza or Vallelunga.
    We could compare with same tyres, medium or hard, and at least 10-15 laps. Maybe M3 wear more tyres and the first laps is faster but slower the last ones than Z4.
    I love Z4, it´s very constant, I use medium or hard tyres and I think it´s a car for long long races with a very good average. My best laps are with medium tyres.
    I love M3 too but I feel more unstable after several laps, dunno, I think I am going to check both with hard tyres for 15-20 laps in Mugello, Silverstone and Imola and we will see.

14. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Yes in-game -- but analysed by AiM software. Talking of which, the AiM software feels quite "sticky" -- as if it is not as smooth or as optimised as MoTeC perhaps. Scrolling the timeline cursor for example feels quite sticky, same too when running the play-back function.

15. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

Gt2 cars have better aero which helps on the corners. Afaik, it is even the same engine.

Sent from my bq Edison using Tapatalk

16. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Same engine yes, but apparently the Z4 has excellent aero through corners too, which is why it is usually slower on the straights (more drag).

17. but better downforce doesn´t mean more drag, more rear wing yes. I would say Z4 better downforce and better speed on the straight because you need less rear wing. M3 has supersoft tyres and Z4 hasn´t but that doesn´t count to races, only for hotlap.

Mi experience at Mugello:
    24º C, 20 laps, 50 litres, medium tyres both cars, and Z4 is about 2.0 - 2.5 seconds faster per lap in everyone, at least for me.
    M3: 2.3 l/lap
    Z4: 2.4 l/lap

Z4 wins clearly for me.

18. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Guys -- an embarrassing admission: I have totally got this wrong. The Z4 RED, M3 BLUE

19. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

This actually confirms what I thought before carrying out this test. The Z4 is slightly less fast than the M3 on the straights - but because of better downforce the Z4 is better in the corners. This Z4 trait -- in relation to other cars (not M3 in the following series) tallies with what has been observed in Blancpain and also FIA GT in 2013.

Simon Roberts likes this.
  20. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Exactly.