1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Marcelo

Marcelo Rookie

I use 2 and 3 monitors. Not perfect, the image stretches on the sides, but as they serve only reference, do not bother me.
    app SRWE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Serge Pribicevic likes this.
  2. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

weird setup...

3. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Marcelo

Weirdest setup awards winner here :)

But you can clearly see that the image is distorded on the side... don't honestly know how can you drive this way :/

4. Marcelo

Marcelo Rookie

It's what we have at the moment. :p

5. Marcelo

Marcelo Rookie

These are photos from version 0.1. The side displays are old, they are tired.
    They are for reference only and are not perfect.
    It is only examples that it is possible to use 3 monitors. The perfectionists hated!
    I did not pilot looking at the side windows. Focus on the center!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  6. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Marcelo

What are you refering about when speaking about v 0.1 ?

You also mentioned app SRWE....

7. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

I do hope proper triples eventually get implemented but at least one of the top 10 times in each leaderboard is done on 3 monitors so "don't honestly know how can you drive this way :/" might be a stretch.

8. Marcelo

Marcelo Rookie

v 0.1 is the first version of the acc. We are 2 release.
    SRWE (Simple Runtime Windows Editor) is an application to open the game in window. You stretch the screen, increase the horizontal x vertical proportion in the way you prefer.
    Simple Runtime Window Editor (SRWE) - a program that allows you to pick a running application and manipulate size, position, styles of its main/child windows. SRWE was built to maintain games that run in Windowed-mode. For example, you can get the fullscreen-mode effect on a windowed-mode game or get fullscreen effect with visible taskbar. Since SRWE allows you to manually set up any window size or position, it can be useful in taking high-resolution screenshots in games that support windowed-mode.
    https://github.com/dtgDTGdtg/SRWE
    Sorry my bad english ....

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  9. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Marcelo

You definitely do not need SRWE to launch the game in windowed mode. You're doing things wrong mate...

10. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@PhilS13

I was speaking to Marcelo and about his particular setup. Just look at the threads, quotes and names.

As for the "stretch", it's like people driving in VR, some can handle it and some has heavy motion sickness. So it's the same for stretched image on the side wich gives different speed feelings.... leading to headache and motion sickness too.

11. Marcelo

Marcelo Rookie

You're right! The SRWE only makes it easy. It already opens in the pre-established settings, but the ACC does not work.

12. FishforRent

FishforRent Racer

@Marcelo 's setup, however weird and awesome it is, only demonstrates the lunacy of developing this important title w/o proper 3 screen support. Every time I learn more about it, the decision stuns me.

paulieGTR likes this.
  13. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Keep the faith guys. It's not over until someone says "not supported". :)

Serge Pribicevic likes this.
  14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Maybe my thinking is odd here... But as long as there is no angle correction, why people just don't put their screens in a straight, parallel line. Meaning ___ ___ ___ and not / sidecreens like this \

Because then your perspective won't be as messed up. And you can still see to the sides. I never understood why triples always need to be at angles. You aren't inside a car anyway. Point is to get more sideways FOV, single screen users have one straight line too, it's just shorter. I find the lack of proper triples support to look much less terrible, when using screens this way. And would actually never use them angled, if the game doesn't have angled support. Maybe some simracing bible says I've committed a cardinal sin, but honestly can't give a **** to me it looks and works just better. The stretching isn't nearly as notable this way

Only problem now is, that the game doesn't run that well on triples, would seemingly need a 2080 ti to use max graphics or anything near (in night + rain), 1080 ti is not enough

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    sissydriver likes this.
  15. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

The actual alignment of the monitors has nothing to do with it. (has been discussed earlier in the topic, have a look)

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Well it has plenty to do with it. If you put screens at an angle, and there is no angle correction, it will look much worse? Terrible, actually. Isn't that common sense, you get additional (severe) perspective error... The image will look more stretched, because you voluntarily make the outer edges of sidescreens to be closer to your face = they appear bigger than the inner edge = more perceived stretching

I have much less problem with lack of "real" triple support, because I'm always prepared to switch between angled/straight screen setup. But I know many simracers stubbornly keep them angled, no matter if the game supports angled viewpoints, and then wonder why it looks like crap. I've tried both ways with every game I have (some with angled support like AC and some without like Dirt Rally) and I know it looks just terrible, when you try to use them angled, without angled support. It's not small difference... but I believe most people never use (or even try) parallel setup. Their loss really, it's much less of a problem if you do. Yes you still don't have bezel correction, but it's much more usable

Although, in some rigs it's not flexible, as the screens are hard mounted. For me the switching is easy, since mine are on a table

17. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

Sorry but games run plenty well with max graphics with my 1080Ti... don't know what you are speaking about :/

Regarding your flat triple screen setup, it's just horrible to play and so weird to see your side windows flat in front of you.

18. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

@Shredator: 3x40" in a straight line is nearly the width of my room...
    and i dont rebuild my rig because one game cant handle this feature...

19. Wergilius

Wergilius Simracer

IMO triples is used for more peripheral vision, therefor placed in an angle.

FatnSlo, Hagen, marcocale and 3 others like this.
  20. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

How are they excluding each other? With wider screen, you get more peripheral vision, while the perspective stays somewhat natural. Just like you would get with Ultrawide, that isn't curved. Not all of them are. Or projecting the image on a large white canvas. Or silver screen, at the movie theater. With 3x wider screen, you get 3x more peripheral vision.

Humans have a slightly over 210-degree forward-facing horizontal arc of their visual field. You are perfectly capable of seeing a car appear on your side, even if the screens aren't angled. And you get the additional sense of speed. Just like you're perfectly capable of noticing a person walking on your side, or even slightly behind your shoulder, without moving your eyes/head from centered position. That's the whole definition of peripheral vision?

The area we see sharply, is extremely narrow anyway, peripheral vision is about sensing movement/changes outside of that area. Not about seeing them accurately. Happens with parallel screens too. Without the horribly stretched image, if you happen to turn your head/eyes to the sides

Well, not on my overclocked 1080 ti at least... You can see my specs on my signature. Heard also similar reports from @Gevatter and @Andrew_WOT both owners of 1080 ti. We are talking triples here.. of course it runs lower resolutions well. And F1 2018, Wreckfest and Forza Horizon 4 run with ultra settings on triple screen no problem, it's just ACC that doesn't.

Not horrible at all, in my opinion. Way better than using angled screens, in a game that doesn't support it. Your perspective will look retarded if you use them that way, the stretching will look just ridiculous. Out of 2 non-ideal solutions, using them in angled position is way worse solution. Non-curved Ultrawide is useless too? There's screens like that you know. Or movie theater, sitting near front row, on the middle.... horrible because not angled? :rolleyes:

Well that's unfortunate, and I understand. And perhaps this solution works worse on very large screens, as it just becomes too wide. Of course proper support would be needed, but it might not ever happen with ACC.

I knew I'm poking a hornets nest, by telling simracers about this unorthodox method of using triples. Your thinking is just limited because of "known conventions", if you would test this setup for a awhile, you might notice it's better. Certainly better for me with 27" screens, not even a contest. Angled screens, when the game supports it, simple as that. Otherwise it's like trying to force the square wooden block through the rounded hole (you know that kid's puzzle)... not gonna work, without hammer.

Each to their own I guess. But for me the horrendous looking stretching/severe perspective error are far bigger issues, than the downsides of parallel setup. Which has neither of those