1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Wow, that's a bit rude, don't you think? We're your customers after all, not kindergarden pupils.

The first race at Monza is on 13 - 14 April 2019 so I suspect they'll want to launch the game before that or maybe have a special event during the weekend.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  2. trutya

trutya Simracer

it's not a race, just test.
    first race will be at Monza in April

oh i see you have edited it while i was replying :D sorry then

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  3. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Marketing must be pulling their hair out. If I was the boss I'd be pretty pissed. Rewrite?!
    The next scheduled update will be a repeat of the last- New content added to the broken mino-mess, and it will come with "enhanced'' and "fatalistic" messaging. Like- Enjoy what you got- while we see if we can fix it.
    Can it even be fixed? Confidence grows thinner by the day for me and I now put the odds of a complete cancelation at 1/3. So sad...

P.S. Do not talk to me about "off topic" when the "topic" is "Generic discussion".

mikendrix likes this.
  4. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

If you think about it, those two are not mutually exclusive. And this forum is the proof.

Kopiller likes this.
  5. Rolz

Rolz Alien

yeah build release layout should be redone, I know it's EA, but if only 3/4 is delivered on build5 and IMHO the most important part left out (due to already stated reasons) could it really be classed as build5?
    atm more like 4.8 or something

6. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

It's pretty clear that, from now, the final game will receive at least other 2 or 3 or more major builds.
    Still missing:
    Dynamic weather
    Multiplayer
    Half tracks and cars
    Career
    Drivers swap on and offline
    All gamer's stuff (see the profile page)
    Saving during endurance races
    Complete setup page
    Race's strategy and tires management

Add to this an AI improvement needed, several bugfix needed, performance optimizations.

To me, the game right now is closer to 0.1 than 1.0

mESCx, David Bertholom and vlado Cro like this.
  7. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

I don't think the release will be delayed, I mean the core game is done, the physics, cars/tracks are probably done, it's just bug fixes/enhancements and the multiplayer rewrite, they still have few months left.

TDS likes this.
  8. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

It's the Early Access Road Map, so it's the information related to the Early Access phase, therefore, "available from" it's indication that full game will be released from Q1 onward, which can be until 31/03/2019 or any other date after.
    However, you can read the information that is in ACC steam store page since the start of EA phase and it's very clear that the EA phase is expected to end by the end of Q1 2019, therefore the v1.0 will be more than likely be released in Q2 2019, which starts on 01/04/2019.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/805550/Assetto_Corsa_Competizione/
    Plus, even if full game is available shortly after the end of EA, which will end by the end of Q1 2019, that doesn't mean that full game is the v1.0.
    Between EA and v1.0 is more than likely to have a period where the RC (Release Candidate) version will be available.
    The RC version could include the full game, feature complete, but yet fixes and improvements can be released in subsequent versions until the official v1.0 is out.
    This was the steps AC took since EA to v1.0 and is just normal to expect that ACC will follow an identical process.

TDS and Freddie Seng like this.
  9. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

So Kunos may not be able to release the game on time. So what? Will you all go to Kunos' with flaming torches and pointy forks?

Lets all be more positive and stop the needless negativity, it doesn't help at all, and it wont make things happen faster.

10. Rolz

Rolz Alien

We'll have a firm general discussion about it... haha

chksix likes this.
  11. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

My posts are precisely aimed to show that there is no drama regarding release dates.
    Some may have their expectation focused on a fixed date (31/03/2019), but there isn't any indication that the date is by any means a fixed deadline for v1.0 release purposes.

EA from September 2018 until end of Q1 2019.
    It' seems to be on time and Kunos didn't miss any of the scheduled EA releases.

Full game released after EA ends, so from Q1 2019 onward.
    A fixed release date is yet to be announced. A v1.0 release in Q2 2019 is very likely (any date from 01/04/2019 until 30/06/2019).
    Again, no delays I can see from now, as we don't even have a fixed date to point to, just a period for a release date.

2019 Season free DLC, during summer 2019, which goes from June (21/06) to September (23/09).
    Again, still no fixed release date, just an indication of the period in which will be released.

Like many, sure, I will be delighted if ACC is to be released right at the beginning of Q2, but right now there is no information that points to any particular date, other than knowing ACC is scheduled to leave EA until 31/03/2019 and that, after EA, there will be the full game release.

12. Adastros

Adastros Racer

well if they say the game goes out at Q1 it's Q1 until they change it

OrganDonor likes this.
  13. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Apologizes for nagging with this, but you're looking at the Early Access Road Map.

I don't find any information where is indicated the game will be released on steam (v1.0 out) during Q1 2019, nor I comprehend from where is the notation it will be.
    Perhaps my English is not as good as I thought, after all English is not my nature language, but still, the EA Road Map has information about EA phase, that's it.

I don’t se how could it be possible that someone reads v1.0 will be released until the end of Q1 2019 when the information about EA clearly states that EA will end by the end of Q1 2019, and one and other are mutually exclusive.
    What I read from the Road Map is that is said that after EA the full game will be released, and the full game will be released form Q1 onward. So, full game, with all features, which currently aren't present in any of EA releases, will be complete, by the very best, by the end of Q1 2019, which, obviously, means, v1.0 will be released after that.
    What I've always understood form the EA Road Map calendar is that the EA releases from 1 to 6 had a fixed date and after R6 (13/02/2019) until 31/03/2019 the game will still be in EA but no other EA release will be made.
    After EA Release 6, the next release will be the full game, with all the features of v1.0, and would happen any time between 13/02/2019 and some time after the end of EA (scheduled to the end of Q1 2019: 31/03/2019) which means, for those in EA, could be as early as 31/03/2019, 01/04/2019 or any other date after the EA end's.
    If EA releases 1 to 6 all had a fixed release date, that Kunos has kept, and full game release has just a period indication from where it will start, seems obvious that v1.0 release date is not yet written in stone.

Now, as I said, perhaps it's my bad English that is tricking me to read it like this, or we're all talking about the same thing, and what some are calling v1.0 is what I'm calling pre-v1.0, by naming it full game, so both are the same thing. However, from what I read, ACC coming out of EA and fully released in steam as v1.0 is not scheduled to happen by the 31/03/2019, nor that information is included in the Road Map.

Of course, I can be completely mistaken, so I rest my case, as, at the moment, it's not even an issue, considering that ACC is still very much only in EA.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    Freddie Seng and Thug like this.
  14. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I don't care if its out the back end of the year, just as long as its 'right' then that's all that matters to me.
    What I am going to miss is the monthly updates.
    I look forward to a new car and track a week after the newest one is out, so to wait an 'unspecified' amount of time after v0.6 will be torture.
    After this next release we have nothing to look forward too until the v1.0 is out (when ever that is will be anyone's guess).

trutya likes this.
  15. trutya

trutya Simracer

so true... at least just a short notice from the developers would be nice, when we can expect V1.0, it doesn't take a lot of time to write a short post on the forum.
    lost of crying and doubting could be avoidable.

16. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

And if they don't know? Crying and doubting can't be avoided in this first world society of immature people who take everything for granted. So why bothering?

We have an estimate. Now let's all behave like grown up people and wait patiently until they get it right.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

17. Bethasia

Bethasia Rookie

Just spent a week messing with AC and considering the release date it still holds up very well and leaves at least 1/2 dozen recent purchases I made that belong in the recycle bin for dead. I have no doubt Kunos will nail ACC too but it is probably not wise for the developers to come on here making promises they can't keep it will just cause more drama. I work in 3D/VFX and have a great client call every few days asking when his latest project will be ready and know first hand when to keep my mouth shut coz the minute I get too detailed with timelines Murphy's Law kicks in and the poop hits the fan.

sissydriver likes this.
  18. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

Ok.understood.. I thought it was clearly stated full game available from q1-2019

Attached Files:

19. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I guess 'From Q1 2019' could be a huge window, depending on how you interpret it.
    I mean, Q2, Q3, Q4 or even 2020 is 'From Q1 2019'.

The thing is, we 'really' don't know what state of completion the game is.
    They may only be releasing the things that want us to try.
    Most of the other things might already be up and running fine, just not yet released.

20. trutya

trutya Simracer

"available from: Q1 2019" means in my opinion that the full game will be available before Q2 of 2019 begins. so end of march.
    but maybe my english isn't good enough...

David Bertholom and OrganDonor like this.