1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Update 0.6 - MP & Ratings Rebooted

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

For those not too keen on the CPU optimizations, it's not just about the clients (us) , it's about the server side as well! This will making MP play a lot better for us all.

Thanks for the hard works folks! Can't wait for .6 and there after....

2. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

You know that in most real races drivers aren't behind the wheel for more than an hour?

3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ya that's indeed something I want to look into during the next days (that are reserved to be on the backend servers)

The problem is that the "real" 99 CN value should mark somebody who can basically drive consistently .. forever. Like the real drivers could sit in a car and just do laps until the fuel runs out (and then go out again and do the same).
    In the real simracing world, we need to cover situations where people drive way less, just by time spending on the sim, or due to shorter session lengths.

So my approach was to invent two dimensions of "how consistent are laps (more precise corners) to each other" and "how long can you hold this level of performance".
    The math how to combine them isn't even bad, but I also like the latest changes to the CC aggregation. Will spend a few brain cells on this for sure.

But in the end it will remain the same; you can't possibly expect the highest CN ratings if you never do more than ~5 laps in a row - and doing 30 laps without significant mistakes will guarantee a very good score.

4. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

Not super awesome but it work for the 75% of the time, it has some problems with the car list (and other 99 things) but the main structure is here, the overlay over ACC is an OBS dirty trick :p, with OBS i'm streaming the game and ACCDirector on top of it and thanks to a Chroma Key filter on OBS it looks like a custom hud, also in ACCD you can set your custom "greenscreen" color value (on this video is set to green for both ACCD and OBS filter).

UI is not super cool, i know but my first think was to setup the protocol under the hood and run it on UE4 :D

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    dvo, GoBo, luchian and 18 others like this.
  5. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Now that looks sweet...cant wait to see finished product... tnx for your hard work..

LeDude83 and ZioYuri78 like this.
  6. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Would be awesome if someone made the same overlay as the IRL Blancpain races :D

Viggdred, Son and Florian Boswell like this.
  7. Minolin

Cool stuff, very nice to see. @ZioYuri78 if you are on discord, send me a PM with your username. I'll make a group with a few of you broadcasting app devs and let you know & discuss how possible changes affect your work.
    In the end I still think we should be ready to change stuff if they make the future better - even if that breaks the current implementations. But nothing set in stone yet

luchian, Dookie, Pheebau and 10 others like this.
  8. It is cool to see things like this being developed nice work ZioYuri78. Thanks for the sneak peek.

LeDude83, Pheebau, mESCx and 2 others like this.
  9. dek

dek Racer

May it be possible to continue the car explanation series you started earlier? I really loved it and it gives one some good info about how to approach them.

Kind regards

Dennis

▣ HiTzz, Viggdred, sid1965 and 3 others like this.
  10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Watching GT world right now that layout is not that bad especially when it is showing the car info.. position logo name and car no.. pretty cool stuff i wish i knew coding that stuff

11. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

CPU optimizations should help VR quite a bit as well.

Hoping too see some improvements in graphics and performance.

LeDude83 likes this.
  12. Hi guys!
    @Minolin did you fix the collision related issue?

13. Minolin

sry help me - what issue?

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

I think he means that bodywork collision with anything is exaggarated. Too easy to loose balance even on slight contact because you just bounce off in weird ways. Maybe it's just me and he meant something else :p

warth0g, Son, Arpadian and 1 other person like this.
  15. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

(When) will there be also telemetry data available for CrewChief?
    Motec and radar is important for many people here, bur for me CrewChief ist the most important tool.

Viggdred, R. Iván and warth0g like this.
  16. No nothing. If you remember in October SA rating started to drop without having collisions. But I just had close and fair battles with the AI And my ratings increased. I thought the problem was still in there. thank you anyway.
    only played multiplayer since November XD.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    sps_for_race likes this.
  17. Minolin

Ah. tbh. I can't tell - there was quite some work also on the ratings during the refactor, so we have to see. But there's still a lot to do for RC and SA

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  18. anyway I like a lot the first period of EA. Expecially when you asked as to test precise things.
    Right now almost everything should be almost ready, but in the end, if you need us to test things just tell us.

Arpadian and D.Jankovic like this.
  19. I do not know exactly which collision Salvatore is referring to, but for me, any collision (even a lite one) of the opponent in my car causes total uncontrol of the car, spinning on the track, uncontrolled. And the opponent comes out unscathed after hitting my car.

AlenC, SteveJ, warth0g and 5 others like this.
  20. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Got to agree with this. So often an innocuous tap (in front, rear, side) is near race-ending against AI, and only for my vehicle. Not through careless driving, at least I don't feel so, but just as a result of the hustle and bustle of close, competitive driving. It feels like the cars should be able to touch one another without such extreme results.
    Also, when you see AI cars colliding they seem to have exhibit an odd 'swinging' motion which looks like a crazy stability control or something.

My hunch is that this may be a consequence of the absent damage model ATM?

warth0g, no_talent and Fremen_78 like this.