1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I didn't noticed any problem with that, but with an old rig like mine it's like sometimes I can't solve a problem without adding another.
    I just choose what looks best for me, I don't run any monitoring software it will bias my judgment (actually those things are so placebo inducing)

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  2. absolutely, we're all naturally sensible to different things.

But since you are specifically talking about VR and since latency in VR has always been the "#1 enemy" I just wanted to expand your post so to make sure people that are going to try this understand that it is not some hidden parameter that nvidia or some devs hid somewhere to be cruel but something that comes at a cost.

Whether or not that cost is acceptable for the return is something left to the individual to decide.

3. pons

pons Simracer

I have no idea about programming, but would it be possible for some talented guy to make something like iFlag for ACC and its flag-system?

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

So what's the current MP player limit? I just had a race at Zolder on an official server and was pleasantly surprised to see a grid of 32 - myself included. Track was always nice and crowded no matter what position I was fighting for.

Was also a good chance to check for maximum visible opponents before my CPU starts to bottleneck the GPU below my target 73 FPS - the number is ~25.

Karolinis likes this.
  5. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

I havent changed any of the Nvidia settings only used his engine/game settings

6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

What does the new assetto corsa no hmd choice when launching the game means, is it VR related?

7. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

Means it runs on the monitor even if it detects a VR headset is connected

pankykapus and Cote Dazur like this.
  8. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Yes the problem was (at least for me) that if you had a hmd plugged to the computer when you start ACC steam VR started too eating resources from the computer and giving other problems

9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

So what fires up if we don't use the new startup options in steam and just use the standard shortcut on the desktop??

10. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

everything was fine since today because today (suspens), I am anonymous :eek:

I opened that file ("account.json"), however, My name is there, but in game still anonymous on the leaderboard.
    If somebody have a solution..?

11. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

In the game, go to Driver Profile, delete the names that are there, re-enter the names again and press Update.

Turk and DzelRacing like this.
  12. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I always used a shortcut pinned to the taskbar. In Steam I added -vr in ACC launch options.
    For me now it's the same as before, when Oculus home is ready, I click on the ACC shortcut and the game launch in VR.

13. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

The shortcut points to the standard (1st) option, which launches the game with no launch command by default. You can still add -vr and -nohmd depending on your needs and use that for your shortcut and 3rd party apps, such as Simvibe.

Epistolarius, Cote Dazur and Kopiller like this.
  14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

So before these options were there when running ACC with the -VR launch option using an Oculus Rift was it using the Oculus runtime, steam VR or trying to do both?

15. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Me too is confused. An exe on desktop with -VR added to it - does it launch the game in Steam VR or in VR without Steam?

16. Rolz

Rolz Alien

17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

That does not answer the question. The -VR added to the launching option of an exe-shortcut: would that launch AC in Steam VR mode or in simple VR mode without Steam?

That when you launch via Steam library you can then chose the launch options (even without -VR added to the launching options in the Steam library page), is clear and has been described by them. But that is not the question.

18. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Changed App Config
    • launch/1/arguments:
    • launch/2/arguments: -vr › -vr hmd=SteamVR
    • launch/2/description: Assetto Corsa Competizione VR › Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam VR mode
    • launch/3/arguments: -vr hmd=OculusHMD
    • launch/3/description: Assetto Corsa Competizione Oculus VR mode
    • launch/3/executable: acc.exe
    • launch/3/type: none

19. Skybird

Skybird Alien

When for getting a Steam VR you no longer must type -VR but -VR HMD, then this contradicts that two lines later it says that -vr HMD results in Oculus.

There should be a simple option in the game menu that tells the game how it should launch from the next game launch on. The above way once again is just a workaround, and I am not certain I understood it correctly. I stick with entering the Steam library, launch the game from there and then choose in its option window popping up what it should do. More steps, needlessly complicated, but well...

I liked that in AC you could switch between VR and 2D graphics display in game menu wihtout needing to leave the game.

And I absolutely prefer mouse control for game menus in VR over any other method. The most intuitive. And know, I do not know out of the blue what button on my wheel correspondes to "button 19" or "button 9", not to mention that button 1 gets labelled as button 0 and so the whole row of counting number shifts. Mouse control. Proven. Reliable. Beyond doubt. Since 30 years. No innovation needed. The wheel is round. It does not get any rounder and thus must not be reinvented. ;)

20. dek

dek Racer

When I click the desktop Icon it starts in normal screen mode for me. I got no VR.