1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Optimization

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Evil.Panda, Mar 29, 2019.

1. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Interesting. I've always capped mine at 60 as I have a 60hz screen, but I'll see if there is any difference if I uncap. I'm not at home until Monday to test though. :(

2. Really interesting o_O Will it happen with just vsync too?

3. I think the two things are not directly related

4. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

are you sure thats the frame rate and not the mains frequency?

5. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Yes there is a noticeable difference, I think its from input polling. I can feel and see choppiness at 60fps @ 60Hz that fades away towards around 100fps with the same refresh rate. Running the same screen at 100Hz or 120Hz doesn't feel (or even look to me) much different to 60Hz (I use 60Hz on my current screen as it looks sharper). The fps is what gives the smoothness.
    I wouldn't have tearing and I hate input lag. My solution is to use Fast Sync which buffers a single frame. This creates a small amount of input lag but nothing like VSync (6 - 8 frames or about 100ms at 60Hz.) Borderless Windowed mode works similarly to Fast Sync so that's an option too.
    To test this first set your graphics to achieve around 100 fps or more, enable Fast Sync in nvidia control panel and turn off Vsync in game.

6. Would be nice to be able to set different graphic settings for day and night. During the day (and in rain) I am able to stay locked at 60fps on high settings in 4k. (and ACC is beautiful)
    Changing the time of day to night drops my fps into the low to mid 40's.

Since this is unlikely to happen I guess sooner rather than later I am going to have to buy a second 1080 to run in SLI.

cr4wl3r0 and ShredatorFIN like this.
  7. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

So, is SLI working in ACC?

8. I've got a pair of 1080's. - You can force AFR in Nvidia CP, but the performance atm, is worse than a single card... I'm also hoping, SLI will be supported soon...

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

There is more room for optimization in ACC for sure, the fps is so up and down round each of the tracks, in some places can be 60fps difference, and as for when you put the AI on track well no more needs saying, I'd like a setting for vehicles quality & reflection..

10. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Hi guys, haven't read it here yet - is ACC truly optimized for multi core CPUs?

I am thinking about whether a 3.6 GHz quad core will be faster than a 2.9 GHz eight core (not threads) CPU in-game? For most games in the past, clear answer "yes", but dunno about ACC.

Furthermore - does anyone have evidence whether disabling hyperthreading in BIOS affects performance in ACC?

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

For my 6/12 CPU the load distribution seems fairly good across all cores & threads. You can see a lot of my HWINFO results here:- https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/0-6-3-40-60-fps-drop.55460/page-2

Personally I would leave HT on. I have not tested it in ACC however I am sure I did way back in the day with AC and concluded it was better on. Plus many other games like it so I can't be a$$ed turning it on and off all the time.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  12. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

My replay performance has been greatly improved over the previous releases, but I'm still getting huge fps drops when the camera change scene and zoom in/out on cars.

13. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

hi guys, just a quick question, i run i8700 with 1080ti and 32gb ram. i run it on 4k and with some optimizations ingame i have 55 to 65 fps, upper values for day and lower with night. I noticed a massive fps drop in menues (like 12fps...), in the main selection menù so that the mouse is veeery slooooow. everithing works fine in game. Any idea about this?!?

14. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

So I played with my settings a bit last night to test my system. I have a 60hz monitor. Running without vsync I was getting around 80-90fps, but the motion was choppy as hell. Not tearing, just lots of stutter. If I cap the frames at 60 it is the same, but with vsync everything is brilliantly smooth at 60fps.

It's weird. I don't notice this behaviour with any other game.

mister dog and LeDude83 like this.
  15. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

are you really sure it supports only 50hz? what model is it? I thought that 50hz only model weren't around since more than 10 years!

16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm in the same situation. When turning off Freesync and Vsync, the image is as you describe. It might be down to Windows triple buffering. But turning off Fullscreen optimisation and running games in fullscreen mode should give you the normal, smooth but torn image back. In ACC, I can't achieve that.

17. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I don't know if this should bother be or not. It doesn't currently, but I read that vsync introduces input lag. I can't say I notice anything though.

18. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

That is a bit weird, i'm interested were you using nvidia fast sync or borderless? Mine and a friend's are as smooth as for vsync using fast sync around those same numbers on 60hz screens,

19. If you don't suffer from ILS (input lag syndrome) then don't worry about it.

20. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I will look into my Nvidia settings tonight.

Max Doubt likes this.