1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolz

Rolz Alien

@Pheebau have u come across anything in your EU4 engine.ini research on this?

Coanda likes this.
  2. thecures

thecures Gamer

try this...is fantastic !!!! https://reshade.me/

3. theivansk

theivansk Racer

OK but this is in real life. Here in the game, the cars have the same performance wherever team we choose right? I mean, the "setup" part is for the player. Can anyone clarify if, for example, there is performance variations between two team's Ferrari 488?

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thanks for the suggestion. I use reshade on F1 2018 however for this particular game its not allowed due to FPS zoom hack and also SMAA reshade is not that great however their sharpening options are fairly good.

5. Why would there be?

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Even in a controlled series not all teams are created equal.

dek likes this.
  7. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Does not matter what cars/teams you choose car will drive the same..

Coanda and Rolz like this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

But how excactly is it fantastic for ACC? I gave it a shot but the SMAA only manages to heavily blur type fonts while leaving flickering fences/airwires/track lines completely untouched.

Rolz likes this.
  9. Naondave

Naondave Racer

If we are not using a motion rig or VR, is there any way to figure out what would be a good setting for lock to horizon? This would be also for a calculated FOV. Or just set it to 100 and forget it?

10. dek

dek Racer

As Minolin mentioned in the Stammtisch, he uses motion on with 50 % Look to horizon. Works really well.

11. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes I would start at 10% and raise until the track is feeling fairly smooth.

Here are two videos snips (german language, but moving pictures) where you can see

a) the difference between 0% and 100% lock to horizon
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_TDRba4Y1I&t=1133

b) 4 comparisons of Static, CockpitMovement only, Full Lock only, and 50% Lock-To-Horizon + CockpitMovment (like I use it)
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_TDRba4Y1I&t=1580

Lawndart, Ischemica, dek and 2 others like this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Not that it bothers me however if this was an F1 tittle the Ai teams would be sorted by rank. I'm sure there are ACC users that are massively into this GT series and wouldn't want to see the equivalent of Williams out performing the likes of Mercedes etc...

13. Thats because in F1 the each team runs a unique car they built themselves (the question was regarding teams who run the same car in Blancpain...). So what F1 games do is pretty irrelevant.

In Blancpain there can be no "equivalent of Williams"... The cars are BoP'd.

14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@garyjpaterson - Please don't take everything so literal. I know it was an apples and oranges comparison. I go back to my original point which is even in a controlled series not all teams are created equal. I do not pretend to know the series that well due mainly due to the lack of coverage in my part of the world. I have seen a few GT Asia races though and seems the same teams & drivers generally rise to the top. Maybe a better comparison I should have made would be Aussie Supercars which is very much a controlled series. Mainly teams run either Holden or Ford however the same top teams continue to dominate year after year. If ACC was a Supercars tittle (oh man I wish it was :cool:) I would not want to see back running teams beating Red Bull Holden Racing Team or DJR Team Penske. I am sure there must be back running teams even though they run a Mercedes like team AKKA ASP. For the hardcore GT fans would they want to see this team being beat by team Audi Sport Slovakia? Somehow I think not. Like I said previously, It does not bother me because whilst enjoy driving the cars and watching a race here and there I am not that invested in this series. I simply do not have the time :)

15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

What do you mean lack of coverage? Blancpain shows all the practice, quali and race sessions live on their YouTube channel. Does YouTube not cover your part of the world?

Coanda likes this.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I only just found out about that last week. Do you have a link to the channel? I live in a 3rd world country with sh!tty internet that is mega expensive. Currently I wouldn't chew up my data for it sorry ;). Plans are starting to get better though. Finally... :cool:

17. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

And why can you see people wining with cars that are not mercedes and ferrari :) (been watching some streams around and cars thst are not competitive and IRL never reached lower than p5 were up front and leading the race.. etc.

Coanda likes this.
  18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

So you live in Australia as well? Haha!

Coanda likes this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

haha nah mate ;) I left the a$$hole end of the world, I mean my home land a while back now... F@cking Telstra tipped me over the edge! :D:p

"How's the serenity.."

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    chksix likes this.
  20. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

multiplayer.it video showing Barcelona, Brands Hatch, Spa, Honda, Mclaren, Aston Martin, Lexus...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2019