1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Indeed! I need the Ginetta in ACC :D

warth0g, mr Switchblade and XettMan like this.
  2. chakko

chakko Alien

Yes, both please. Thanks. ;)

Even though i'd much more like the Formula Renault. Formula cars rock.

Thug likes this.
  3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

T-29 days people... 29th May is soon here :D

Son and bgil66 like this.
  4. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Bummed to see that the new VR headset the Valve Index is $999 US Dollars. Wow:(

5. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Would be worth it- Only if bundled with HL3-VR!

ZioYuri78 likes this.
  6. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

I was wondering why SteamDB showed so many people being online, then I remembered it was the 1st of May which we don't celebrate here in The Netherlands so I'm writing this from my grim office cubicle on labour day.

Have fun beautiful bastards.

dek and D.Jankovic like this.
  7. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

You could afford a nice triple monitor setup with that kind of money and then some, but then again...

8. Turk

Turk Alien

That's the price for the full package. You can' pay for just the headset without controllers or base stations. Only $500 then.

9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Prety sure that would only work if you already have base stations from a vive. Can skip the controllers though

10. Turk

Turk Alien

It seems to me like it uses new base stations too, I think they are backwards compatible but you may not get the full 120hz if you use older stations.

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yeah, believe it can use old or new but you will need some if you don’t have any already. For those using Rift or WMR or no VR at all right now they will need to buy the headset and the trackers, not a cheap combo

12. Turk

Turk Alien

No, but the valve option was never the cheap one. I can run most VR games just fine as is but I can't run ACC well with my current setup. I'm looking at buying a 2070 just to get better results on my rift, never mind a higher resolution running at a higher frame rate.

Will be interesting to see what kind of PC will be needed to run the index. I think the cost of that PC on top of the headset will put it out of reach of most people.

13. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Deleted - hadn't read things properly!

14. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

This one is clearly for enthusiasts. And i envy them vive ecosystem users. I am a rift user and wouldn't mind spending money for an upgrade. The problem is, that the rift s is not really an upgrade, as i am at the low end of ipd and can't use it properly... and a change to valve would hurt a lot, as i own 3 oculus cameras/ optical correction lenses the oculus in-ears... i would even buy the valve, if it would have inside-out tracking i think. But i won't buy lighthouse-boxes i don't really need just for head movement

15. Turk

Turk Alien

Even without the IPD issue it doesn't feel like it's worth upgrading to the new rift. The index is an upgrade but like you say too expensive for most, I bought an extra sensor too.

I have a full rift setup including controllers but I really only use the rift for sim racing, so wouldn't spend money on controllers again.

I seem to constantly have the same dilemma with VR, I need to upgrade to meet current tech, but new tech out next year will probably make my upgrade redundant again. I have no choice but to stick with my rift for the foreseeable future.

elchshooter likes this.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Does anyone know what UE4 command(s) the Advanced Sharpening filter is? Another game I play uses the UE4 and previously they implemented SMAA however they have now dropped this from a recent update. I already use engine.ini commands and I would like to see if I could replicate this. Maybe its not that simple. If anyone has any clues please shout out ;)

17. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

Hey guys, I don't know if that has been asked/answered but I wonder whether there is any difference between the same car (model/make) but within the various teams? Like, for example, are all 488's (or any other car for that matter) the same performance wise? Thanks

18. tw1st

tw1st Racer

Nobody knows. We had a conversation couple days ago but sadly no dev‘s answeared that.-.-

19. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Nope...that`s why setups are there.. every car is homologated and its the same now its up to teams to do setups on cars that will make them stand out and be better. At least that`s what i think.. i hope i am not wrong and just talking bunch of crap

LATE4APEX likes this.
  20. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

Pretty sure you are right, same base car with different setups and drivers

D.Jankovic likes this.