1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Incentive for all players to increase their ratings

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Max Doubt, May 1, 2019.

1. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

You prefer microtransactions?

I mean, they kind of already are. The issue (hopefully) is that after release there will be a large influx of players. Too many for the official servers to support. Now, had Kunos adopted a subscription, or pay-for-content model (or both - iRacing) then they could afford to increase the number of servers as demand dictated. However, they are charging a one off fee for all the content, including free DLC of this years season. This has to pay all the bills, keep the official servers running as they are, update and develop the game further.

Anyway, last word on it from me - just go and join a league or a server community, you'll enjoy that more than being matched with Johnny Random because you're both so leet. x

2. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

Agreed, without scheduled races we will just be playing 10 or 15 mins races at spa and Monza in the dry over and over again.

This is exactly what project cars 2 became with the same "matchmaking" system and why everyone stopped playing it.

XettMan, 1257, D.Jankovic and 3 others like this.
  3. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Which is basically the small dedicated community that I said earlier, still living in 2000's. Which is fine, you can create/join your communities, but most people prefer matchmaking, as that is the norm of multiplayer now.

So many empty servers running for no reason, must cost them a fortune.

fnegroni and PiretSS2000 like this.
  4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Sadly trough the whole Early access matchmaking topic was never touched by devs so we sont know what is going on or what will be going on.

5. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

They named their game Competizione and promised matchmaking. I really don't see why we should be satisfied with the same online system that AC1+Minorating provided.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    XettMan, PiretSS2000 and MakeMeLaugh like this.
  6. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Does IRacing have complete control over all servers ?

7. Since the first ACC interviews, Massarutto has talked about a system of approaching users by level of performance. Just it.

They have always denied any system similar to iRacing. Any expectation of the ACC to be a competitor of the service that the iracing has of daily races is devoid of any basis.

Oberonone likes this.
  8. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

Seriously!? Everything about the communication about this game (including the name) implies matchmaking or advanced multiplayer. If we just end up with a filtered server list then we've been misled.

9. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Devoid of any basis? So an "advanced" multiplayer is a lobby system straight from the first years of online gaming?

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  10. Note that these functions already exist in the advanced button on the multiplayer screen. They are only disabled. They will filter the servers for you based on what you set.

Other than that, only if you have something that comes with the CP rank that has not been explained until today.

11. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

So you are calling a filter/sort for a list an "advanced" system? Kinda like when I used to play CS 1.5, I would click on the ping tab to sort it out, nice I guess...

Poguinhas likes this.
  12. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

I’d say in a similar way to AWS, Azure etc... they own the servers, you simply rent them.

13. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Next time wait until full release.

jaxx_za and Madsen like this.
  14. Yes.

15. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

It isn't.

fnegroni and PiretSS2000 like this.
  16. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

To all people saying that SRS is free and why can't Kunos provide something like this.

SRS works because the user base is limited, and they get revenue from adds in their website.

Now, think about what SRS is: scheduled races, with splits based on some kind of rating. Rings a bell? I don't need to say it because everyone knows what I am talking about.

And what people want is basically that, but officially supported by Kunos. But then, it would become more popular, and the resources needed to keep it working would be way higher. And being an official service and not a third party one, Kunos can't just say "hey guys, this is just costing us too much, we need to bring it down".

Yes, what some people want is basically iRacing without the monthly subscription. They will put whatever excuses to deny it, but that's what those people want and some of them even say Kunos promised it.

17. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

There's absolutely no evidence that "You need to pay a subscription to have organized multiplayer".
    First of all, Kunos did promise matchmaking and advanced multiplayer, and what we have right now doesn't qualify.
    They already have online servers, and certainly wouldn't be the first ones providing organized multiplayer without charging a subscription (Have you heard of a game called Counter Strike?)
    And last, nobody would benefit more from this than them. Right now ACC is seen by a lot of simracers as a game with great physics, but really limited on content and features. With organized multiplayer it would be known as a game that can provide great online racing all day every day.

But hey, if you guys are satisfied with almost the exact same online system that Assetto Corsa had 4 years ago, good for you.

And by the way, that's the first time ever I read "This feature would be bad for the developers because it would bring even more players into their game". :confused:

PiretSS2000 and Madsen like this.
  18. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Evidently you lack some reading skills, because I didn't say that.

19. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

That makes two of us then.

20. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

So, you are one of those iRacing fans that want the same but for free? Of course you did incorrectly read my post. In fact, I don't think you read it at all, because it does not interest you :)