1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Maybe they will run ACC.

2. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I haven´t tried it with a racing game, but other games (mainly FPS).
    Best option I´ve ever seen was BF3/4 where you had a browser based server listing with a good filter and sorting system as well as the status of each game.

Main benefit of matchmaking for me would be to concentrate players on a few servers rather than have them spreaded out over a lot of more or less empty servers. But a good sorting mechanic also achieves this and gives more control to the user, which is the important thing for me.
    For example if there is only a button I may be assigned to the same server over and over again even if I don´t want to go there (e.g. due to a specific driver there or some server settings...)

What I think would be beneficial for ACC is a more detailed preview of the server if you select it ( for example driver names, used cars, ranking, maybe lap times (or average pace rating)).

Edit: I have to add, off course I wouldn´t mind a match making option and I would give it a try. In a perfect world it´s a good solution. But as the world is hardly ever perfect, I´d like to have the option of manual server selection.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    mr Switchblade and martcerv like this.
  3. iVG

iVG Alien

I don't have an opinion on this. I'm used to the lobby system so it's good as is. Considering you only pay like 30 quid for the sim... It's a minor hastle and whoever wants to go serious they can go league racing anyway so.. either way I'm no bothered :)

jaxx_za and D.Jankovic like this.
  4. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

Interesting how people want servers with higher population but fails to consider the fact that they are part of the population, if everyone holds off because the population is low then it's only going to be lower.
    I for one, are excited for the way it works now. With servers being able to stop people without the proper qualifications from entering, they essentially solve the issue of public servers without resorting to closed communities or passwords. A system like SRS makes more sense in a game where many different cars and classes can be found. In ACC "every hour, on the hour" could easily just be a regular server with a 15min practice, 15min qual, 30min Race setup. Your preference weights is the filter you crave as well.

5. My summer car still stay unbeaten in terms of online. Match making is nice to have when game have constant good online. On other hand, i have expirience with fighting games (3500 players median in steam). It was like: searcing for best matching enemy...no one found...searching random ... oh, we found someone. So i will not cry about match making in acc still.
    Random multiplayer events will be nice to have. Changing every week.

6. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

This.

7. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

I want what they promise and for what I paid

[​IMG]
    imagen png gratis

pedronano96, XettMan and pRojectop like this.
  8. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Stop acting like a kid and ask for a refund. I'm sure Steam will give you your money back.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

9. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

That is false and kunos must correct that falsehood on his website

tev likes this.
  10. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Well, the any server list request goes through your personal settings, adds steam friends on those servers and applies distances to RC and SA. If everything else is comparable, the server with more comparable drivers will be higher in that list. Makes the first servers are good picks, so your problem is basically reduced to that we see the list, instead of just let you join the first server?

11. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

In 39 minutes starts a race in SimRacingSistem: Abarth in Okayama.
    Seven people has already inscribed. His points results, based on the general clasification of all drivers and the incident average, will be reflected in a general leaderboard and each of the racing series scheduled every month.

Then you have general rating and race rating and series rating, more than enogh reward. This sistem allows 94 players at time using the A.I that coodinates pairing and 4 servers to allow 4 tiers.

This is the way for participation: you see the schedule and you join the race thats starts at a time and this tipe of order also prevents caos and dirtiness on simracing i thinks and thats a proved fact if you have to run for a race or join in the last minute the provabilities of caos rise (maybe in fornite is diferent but, no in simracing, you know...)

I mean a good Safety rating is important, but also some orden in how things organise for player and to suceed on racing clean ( not always is simple as good drivers vs trolls). If you have to join apressuredly, minuts remaining your chance on errors on race multiplies. The secret its fixed times I mean.

Thats all. Its totally free and thousands of people are using it.

Micii1, pedronano96, Tikka19 and 4 others like this.
  12. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

driver swaps?

Karsten Beoulve likes this.
  13. I've always loved the idea of "Competizione". The name said everything. More than one time was said that the name "Competizione"-"Competition" would describe this product.
    I was so excited to join OFFICIAL leagues and Championships, but what will happen now?

Basically, as AC, there will be some people, organizing championships for themselfes with their own users. There won't be an official Competition.
    It looks nothing changed from AC on this point of view. We just have added some more filters to serverlist.

It's useless that SRS will support ACC. As you know, just a few people read forum and get informed out of the game. It means, as today is, that a LOT of people would neither know about the existance of SRS.
    It really needs to be implemented in game and to be THE official championship organizer of ACC.

Lot of people here are wondering to have the OFFICIAL BlancPain GT Series e-sport Championship.

Not so many that have nothing "official" organized by community. People want THE one! Otherwise will be Assetto Corsa Competizione, without Competizione

14. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I'm game as long as I can opt-out from the rating system and filters when I just want a quick race, because trying to find a populated server now is a mess, but I can see what you're trying to do and I can appreciate that.

15. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Like I have on every one of my servers, 10/20/30mins and for the most part they stay relatively empty.

Everything is out there, not just provided by myself but many more server admins, there's no need to wait for races to be "made" for you... just go make 'em yourselves. :)

martcerv, Coanda, iVG and 1 other person like this.
  16. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

I see your point but SRS have thousands of drivers registered and thousands of it use it every week...

I mean... one guy with 4 servers do that...

Of course something like this with official support can multiplicate things up, but...

17. pRojectop

pRojectop Gamer

Relase date before two weeks we get the info: sorry guys but we have not matchmaking system, so what?? :D In the roadmap i just read: 1.0 version with complete rating and matchmaking system.. The vocable is : "matchmaking" what does it mean exactly? Manual matchmaking is correct? :)

Fremen_78 and jacyhv 2 like this.
  18. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Amazing you can write all that just because they used the word Competizione.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

19. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

Kunos has lied
    If this is done by ubisoft, there would be a world war of gamers

Naer and PiretSS2000 like this.
  20. Problem is that actually SRS is a plugin only. It is populated, but how much? I've registered on SRS when it had about 800 users, but i play on it rarely because is like one of the tenth championships organizer. Think about that: Every day AC has a peak of about 4000 players. It has been bought by more than 1'400'000 people.
    So, registered on SRS: 36376, meaning the 2,6% of potential people.
    The most users online at one time was 485 on SRS, last year. Meaning 12% of actuall average people playing AC.

SRS today is a plugin only. It has nothing "official" connected with Kunos and many people still do not know the existence of it.

Different if it would be in-game implemented. That would be the OFFICIAL organizer of the OFFICIAL championship of Assetto Corsa Competizione

MonzterPixel, R. Iván, Arlo and 3 others like this.