1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Refund your game, and go play something more to your own personal preference.

Your constant abrasive attitude is only going to get you one thing if you continue I expect.

2. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

ACC MP currently:

Enter unrated server. Get hit on grid from behind SA -1. Get wrecked at T1 from person not braking at all from behind SA -1. Leave.

Get on rated server with 10 people. Wait 15 mins. At race start 5 people left all "pro" with laptimes in Q around 4 sec faster than me. Leave server.

Get on Misano server. Wait 5+10 mins for race start. Get teleported to pits at race start due to bug. Quit ACC.

That's more than 1 hour just waiting and SA -2 and no racing beyond T1... You might say: you could do qualifying laps? Sure I could but it's pointless because to avoid getting wrecked at T1 you either need to qualify top 5 or start from back. You might say: but I went into a server and had great race in 5 mins? Yeah, it varies but the risk of the above is fairly significant. You might say: early access? True :).

While this is partly just moaning I just put it here because this I think is the state of MP currently and if it stays like this I'll just go back to AC+SRS even with all the nice stuff in ACC in terms of core sim.

3. LukFry

LukFry Racer

4. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

When I used to drink, I alwyas offered a littel cheese with that whine

Kalamede likes this.
  5. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Yes, just like every other simracing game out there with the same system as this 2019 game, oh wait, we have filters lol.

People defending lobbies sound like old people that stays with their old technology because they are fine with it, and everyone wanting something better are ungrateful kids, sigh. "Hurrr durrr everything is fine, we have been using this system since diablo 2, it's fine!"

But I understand this discussion is pointless. We won't get matchmaking, the white knights will keep defending whatever and that's the end of it.

6. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

Kunos has achieved a fanboys base, it's the end

7. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

Snowflake

jaxx_za likes this.
  8. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

it would be a bit poo if a series that heavily revolves around driver swaps had no driver swaps

i hate to be negative but whenever this question comes up it's met by dead silence from the devs, that's a clear sign driver swaps will not be a thing

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  9. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

please return to a constructive and useful discussion, pointing to each other never helped anyone

ignission, Oblit0r and PabloVND like this.
  10. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Some races have 15 drivers, some 0 , some series 50+ we know that. But you say it, it's only a plugin and working better that most of the official multiplayer of simracing. Imagine that implemented officially in game and we talk.

But co'm guys you're hardcore simracers, you play assetto corsa not Need for Speed, so much scandal on putting on table this on 2019. Even Rfactor 2 its clamimg it s in his roadmap. Why not in Competizione.

https://www.studio-397.com/category/news/roadmap/
    [​IMG]

pedronano96 and Fremen_78 like this.
  11. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

The thing I feel many people are missing in this discussion is that just having these servers that run races on the hour or follow the Blancpain schedule with weekly rotations isn't enough. It's like Minolin said, the reality is literally no one raced on the SA65 Paul Riccard official server with dynamic weather. They just derp into w/e open monza wreckfest is listed near the top.

If we want the general public - i.e. not just the people who are on the forums all the time who will join the various leagues that the wonderful community leaders like MrGit will run for us - to be able to participate in organized racing, it's something only Kunos can do. There has to be some incentive to get people onto the Paul Riccard server. I'm not gonna pretend to know what that might be; the guys at Kunos are a lot smarter than me, but I'd start by giving it a cool name like "Official Blancpain GT3 Online World Challenge Europe" and a leaderboard showing the top point scorers in each cup.

I'm sorry if that is too pie in the sky. I don't know anything about development, but it seems to me some big steps forward could be taken just by properly utilizing the servers that are already up. No need for any big expensive project.

warth0g likes this.
  12. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Regarding the matchmaking, if I got this right, the server list does look at your Steam friends and rating figures other than SA, so for casual racing this can be enough.

To get users to race on less popular tracks we need some incentives, like leaderboards, and the servers/series/championships need to be advertised, maybe directly through the game matchmaking interface; basically encourage, with a bit of a push, new and lazy players to actually get their name down in a championship.

13. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

I think is beause its early acces yet and verybody its waiting for release. In my case I mainly do tests with game and waiting for 1.0. I think a vast majority took the early acces in that mood for what i see.

And talking about youtuber and community liderage its there but waiting for release. Here in spain we have Heikki, digiprost and others big simracer channels. Everybody is waiting for release and majority of them for a schedule races just as many of its followers.

Scheduled races or not you can expect than when game is release Paul Ricard Zero people dont be a problem I think. For now on I think we have various consolidated simracing products and then the early acces process is in a "testing mood" for people that i think its adequate and leave when 1.0 is out.

14. That would be awesome. Actually, it looks like ACC will just be as AC with some more filters. In that case most users will join ACC from other simulators :)
    Question to @Minolin : Is there any plan on the future about that, or something about an official championship?

15. Ku_Ba

Ku_Ba Rookie

Iracing for sure has not the best FFB and physics from all of the sim games. But many people play it for best multiplayer. Then, there are games that have not the best multiplayer, but have the brilliant FFB and physics and that is why people play it.
    Kunos, you are saying us, that ACC is not going to have neither competitive multiplayer, nor FFB and pyhsics at the top level.
    Then my question is obvious, why do you even bother to make this game ?
    Maybe you just wanted to show us sim in Unreal Engine? nice, thank you. But, how many racers will play the game only for best graphisc ? And if any...what do you think...for how long ?

josecar_fr and jacyhv 2 like this.
  16. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

I'm not sure I agree with this analysis.

iRacing has a good Multiplayer model, and a large user base, but their netcode can be a bit disastrous at times. And even in iRacing some people avoid 'difficult' cars and championships: I'm racing the Radical, and this week it was pretty deserted, it was on a premium track so most people didn't bother turning up.

I think the FFB and Physics in ACC is top notch (bar a few bugs which are being ironed out).

Graphics wise I've actually played about with the settings and, if the game allowed a bit more finer grained Advanced tab selection, would actually be better than the competition for the same spec.

We are now engaging with them on this forum to improve the experience for everyone, so I think this shows there is interest in making this the new gold standard.

17. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Do you realise that, it is exactly what we've got now ?

Dookie, Aseeth and jaxx_za like this.
  18. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I was just going to post the same. Not sure what he is on about? Think he was expecting scheduled races like Iracing or SRS, which was never promised.

19. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

At this time 40 people are going to race at Paul Ricard in Simracing Sistem in 8 minutes. Enough for two splits. You guys can watch the race live in sinracingsistem Tv on youtube and evaluate. For those who don't know the system.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNaxc8299fNbFtmDnropH8A

P.D: Don't expect to snow :D

SimRacingSystem recommends Helicorsa for safe racing ;)

pedronano96 likes this.
  20. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

You realise that people can expect things that are not promised or confirmed but also not discarted ¿No? Especially when you open Early Acces period mainly for feedback reasons. Seriously guys ¿what you expected about the main simulator on market? ¿No expetations?

pedronano96 and Fremen_78 like this.