1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Curious, can servers be configured for upper & lower SA limits? ie. SA 70-80.. Meaning drivers with an SA rating between those values can only join.

2. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

no, you can only put a minimum

Coanda likes this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you for the clarification. This was my thoughts. What do you guys think of having that functionality?

Arlo and fnegroni like this.
  4. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Seriously? He is repeatedly quoting a single line that refers to functionlity to match skill levels and find online races (both of which is being delivered) as proof that the devs lied? If his response was along the lines of 'i understood/expected matchmaking to include scheduled events', that I could respect.

PabloVND and kuccu like this.
  5. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Sim Racing System just shows what can be done, even if you had 1 weekly event that stays the same in the special events section, you sign up and wait until the scheduled time, then you get matched in splits for the race based on your TO, this is what we want, not a free for all server browser, dont get me wrong, I Love ACC, its set a new standard in sim racing IMO, but it's all wasted without the "Competition". This game should be focused around multiplayer, and honestly with the capability Kunos has, they can make an official SRS, if 1 guy can do it with 4 servers, Kunos can.

Just imagine having a 24 hours of Spa special event near the real event, it would be so popular, so many people would join or even come from iRacing, GT3 endurance races is KING in ACC.

For 1.0 I'm not disappointed, I will for sure still be hyped for release and still race many many hours, but I hope that you listen to your fans for what we want, and start to brainstorm the multiplayer we all dream for.

6. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Yes i can understand that the online matchmaking do not reach his expectation. What i don't understand is calling Kunos "liars".
    I'm not against schedule races nor global leaderboard. But i can understand it can not be done now (and maybe never).

jaxx_za likes this.
  7. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

By opting for a next generation engine, they are basically building a next generation title. So they are setting a precedent for other developers of sim titles - proving that a good sim title doesn't have to come with mediocre graphics (subjective I know, but compare graphics of AAA titles with current sim titles).

I see Kunos as innovators who are basically pushing the sim genre forward for our benefit. Other devs out there are going to be forced to follow suit - delivering titles that leverage the features of modern engines, or risk being seen to be a legacy title in comparison to ACC.

And the biggest benefactors out of all this, will us the sim racing 'consumers'. This is why I am so excited about ACC, and have only praise for Kunos.

PabloVND likes this.
  8. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Not refering mainly to possible trolling or anithing like that instead of the sense sometimes some users have to feel guilty or something for having a expectations that in the other hand I personally consider not in science fiction terrain in 2019.

I mean, I realise than the perfect sim doesn't exist but, com' on we 're here on scenario that each one of them does one thing manly and any of them has a minimun of everything. And the problem is going in time.

Who is going to make a all around next sim, cause Competizione maybe not breaks actual online stadarts, project cars 3 maybe go more to arcade, also Simbins new title. Raceroom claims that going to UE4 for climate also maybe 2040... etc etc

Who knows Assetto Corsa 2 maybe does...

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  9. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

"The matchmaking function makes sure that you can compete with opponents of similar skill level and easily find online races to join, while the leaderboards will allow you to compare single-lap performance with virtual pilots from around the world with the same car, circuit and weather conditions."

we have the same game you and me?

10. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I get where you are coming from, and don't necessarily disagree. However someone who engages without respect for others should not have any expectations in return.

PabloVND likes this.
  11. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Maybe Simracing is getting oldfashioned and we all need to realise that expectations can be dangerous. I mean, everybody gets old sometime in life.

12. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

This is the matchmaking that was expected at Assetto Corsa Competizione?
    If so, perfect
    I accept it and not a word more
    Luck

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

But this is my point exactly - the bold step that Kunos has taken to use UE4 is exactly what is needed to prevent it from getting old. Let's look at the alternative scenario - they could have continued to iterate on AC - perhaps adding weather and night lighting like SOL has done, and possibly including SRS like functionality - this would have been enough to slap on a AC2 label and sold another 1-2 mil copies probably. Would you prefer this over what we currently have now with ACC? I for sure would not, now that I have tasted what ACC can do, AC feels a little dated to me.

Which other dev is doing this? None that I can think of - most are slowly iterating with new cars, tracks, damage models etc.

I'll say it again, Kunos deserve a lot more appreciation for what they are doing.

14. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Constructive criticism conveyed with respect will always be welcomed.

15. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Not happy. And from what I've seen on reddit and another forum, most of the people aren't happy either. I would risk myself to say that what most people expected was the "Quick Race with people with equal rating as yourself" button thing. And I dont believe that is a misunderstanding from us, but it was a thought encouraged by the promotional campaign of the EA (some examples have already been posted).

16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

"Now you can't always get want you want...."

17. Naer

Naer Gamer

Thanks for the clarification about the multiplayer structure.
    It would have been nice to know this from the beginning of the early access and not two weeks before launch, I wouldn't have bought it, for sure.

You knew very well what people was expecting and you used it on your advantage, that's ok, business are business. But you can fool people only once.

For those who argue about the servers cost as a reason to not have a proper matchmaking, there are tools to scale the infraestructure in real time based on demand and setup the required servers on the fly and shutdown when aren't required anymore. (If you want to learn about it, here is a good reading: https://cloud.google.com/blog/produ...cated-game-server-hosting-built-on-kubernetes)

This is a big dissapoinment, without a good matchmaking the game is worthless for me and I can't refund it :(

By the way, with "you" I mean Kunos, not Minolin.

18. Abwursten

Abwursten Rookie

Yes. 100% ✓

I'd be really disappointed with the game if we didn't end up with something at least like this... Hell i'd pay for a official type of scheduled series, which imo is what this game should be about.

Hopefully with a working race start procedure and driver swaps.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  19. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

UE4 pos
    Ok, UE4 it's innovation but 3r party also. Antialiasing and some freezing issues suspecting the engine, important issues for some.

Not bad choice UE4, personally I see the benefits. But in the end a sense of absence of a lack of genious that where in AC. Not doubting about dificulties of working new engine but I mean to have the impression that all around the project aproximation from a four months ago is done in a defensive way. I mean, we know we have 2019 cars as free dlc but, ¿what more? ¿GT4? ¿Asia? ¿Circuits outside calendar?... We know nothing. Yes we have release date at least but, come'on, it's Kunos we are talking about: look Assetto Corsa 200 official cars and tracks!

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

mmm not so sure about that. EA was about finding bugs.