1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

I do not know why it is not possible for Kunos to implement a simple matchmaking.
    People join a scheduled race, if there are more than 24 drivers they are splitted to different servers by their performance rating. Simple as that.
    And this is what most people expected.
    Rating is there, but no splitting to servers.
    So I will continue to race with guys that are 4s faster than me...

2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

3. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

We’ll work together with Kunos and Minolin to make it even better than peoples current expectations. But in due course. I’m sure Minolin has loads of ideas as he already mentioned, I bet most of the ideas we are throwing around in this forum are not news to him. They need our encouragement and our support, and our help too. Let’s do this.

Cefirofun, pedronano96, Arlo and 4 others like this.
  4. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

The official statement is that all of the forum activity is being readed. Early acces for bugs as you said means public free betatesters.

¿Are you being pragmatic there?

¿What for all the activity outside the technical forum? ¿Chasing butterflyes?

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  5. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Im sure they will do anything they can to meet users expectations and I don't doubt they work like beasts. Also, I don't doubt the community will be there.

Sadly, that doesn't negate what I've said and the current situation.

M96, PiretSS2000, Abwursten and 2 others like this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Heya mate. Maybe I misunderstood you.

Yes, that's what we are and I believe it was the main reason EA existed. Not for feedback, ideas, wishlist's and countless idiotic suggestions or whatever you want to call them. Yes Minoln said today they will listen to suggestions and that is great as I have always felt Kunos do listen to there customers & fellow racers however I feel his pain with his constraints and he is trying to settle the ship as I believe he knew today's message would p!ss alot of users off. And judging by some of the reactions it as. He really is between a rock & a hard place. There is also some optimism for the users that are barking hard about this as he did say there are ongoing process of finetuning and improvement is to be expected. I always maintain v1.0 in most tittles doesn't have all the bells and whistles so to the users that are slinging mud and crying for refunds, shame on you... This tittle cost me less than a $10'er and it has already returned me 140 pleasurable hours.

acc_wishlist.jpg

My friend, no expectations, no disappointments ;)

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Arlo and PabloVND like this.
  7. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

One thing is that they know how to do games, and there is nothing I can say, apart that for me this is the best simulator right now. BUT, that doesn't means that they can lie to people

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

9. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

To be honest I was not expecting Kunos to create scheduled races or leagues, that's a different business model altogether. I do hope however that Kunos will assist enthusiasts, by making it extremely easy to organise races and leagues, that you can join through an official ACC website or plugin. That would be good. I Like ACC

10. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

For the record, I enjoyed the PR 65 SA server! Lol Even last night, joined Q with two guys in there. One left. Me and this other guy take the green,( after 110 second countdown?) and had great fun, plenty of side by side action, and within a second the whole 15 minutes. Talked afterwards and friended on Steam. Will be a great guy to race in the future. Very clean, and we had similar pace. Matchmaking at work! Haha

Coanda likes this.
  11. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

12. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

swiver draps?

mr Switchblade likes this.
  13. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

This couldn't be more disappointing.

The game is called "competizione" and was marketed heavily around matchmaking. I appreciate that we were never officially told that scheduled races were coming but I have personally posted on this forum many times about this and minolin even posted a reply implying that something was coming. See thread "what is live special events".

This really kills the game for me. The system is absolutely the same as the project cars 2 multiplayer system. All that will happen after a month is the only populated servers will be unranked short races at Monza and spa. What a waste of what I consider to be the best GT3 physics out there.

This is such as wasted opportunity and whether the Devs lied or not about matchmaking they have known for a long time that their messaging had led to the belief that scheduled races were in the game. They did nothing to correct this view until 2 weeks before release after their core fan base (the hard core simmers on this forum etc) had already bought the game on a false belief.

I just dont understand why it is difficult to implement scheduled races and it is so obviously what the community wants. Basically there needs to be a button that collects players up to an alloted start time. The game then sorts those players based on the already implemented ratings and just sends you to a server. That's it!!! Basically a glorified join button!!!!!

I realise this message probably won't get read but I just wanted to post my huge disappointment at the decision that has been made (i.e. to not include scheduled races) and the fact that we have been allowed to believe that it was coming since the very first day after the game was announced.

I had been hugely hyped for ACC, now all I can think about is whether I should instead pay the ridiculos prices for iracing. The only reason that iracing gets away with those ridiculous prices is because other developers are too short sighted to just give their player base what they clearly want - scheduled races!

Think about it. Iracing is way too expensive, the physics are not considered great, the graphics are rubbish, there is no single player. Yet it's popular. The only reason for that is scheduled races. Why can't other Devs see that?

14. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Maybe you could check their steam page?

Why Early Access?
    “Early Access gives us the chance to release the game to our fans and collect their feedback."

PiretSS2000 and SlimCharles like this.
  15. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

STOP! RIGHT! NOW!

Enough!

Let the developers do their work.
    We are all supposed to be working together. So let’s do that. Some on here have put their money where their mouth is. Because they can see opportunities ahead.

Be open minded and positive. Please!

mr Switchblade and jaxx_za like this.
  16. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Arguments of early access, small budget (compared to iracing etc), lower price and not knowing anything about development aside. Also my trust in the Kunos team aside for a brief moment. Those points seem undeniable for me. It's a matter of communication.

17. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

What is there to be positive about?

They lied or at best misled us. The consequence is that we have to out up with an out of date multiplayer system that has been proven to fail in PC2.

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

You make me laugh. If you read my next post I already said I misunderstood him. Are bug & issue threads not feedback? Your just playing on words ;)

19. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Do you really think there is *nothing* to be positive about ACC?

jaxx_za likes this.
  20. LukFry

LukFry Racer

When I heard about ACC for the first time with its advanced multiplayer system and the BLANCPAIN licence I thought: Holy ****, this gonna be a perfect one.
    Full grid of Spa, Barcelona, Monza or PR, (50+ online drivers) with your own livery, driver swaps, your own team composed of your friends, etc.
    Besides all the discussion about scheduled multiplayer or not, where will be the BLANCPAIN multiplayer competition magic? With just 24 online drivers (maybe 32 in full release) and no online driver swaps.
    So I'm wondering now where the hell is the name "Competizione" comes from?

trasgu, R. Iván, flyingyak and 3 others like this.