1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

I like this, I would have no problem to pay a server if that would be the case.

Crowdfunded matchmaking!

(also 900 comments, target 1000)

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    CrzBonKerz likes this.
  2. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I’m not not too bothered by the matchmaking thing TBH as I like being able to pick my servers, that said I do get why some people had hoped for more from the title.

A lot of people have mentioned an SRS style of scheduled races, do we know if SRS are able/planning to integrate ACC into their existing platform? I’ve used it a few times for AC and it was generally good racing

LeDude83 likes this.
  3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Rather then this hypothetical BS theory based on nothing but your random assumptions. Can you go and try this then report back if this is the case.

The system is way more advanced then your imagination. So many theories and suggestions on how you can make things better. If your going to make such statements on issues of the current system it would be good if they were actual issues not something you theorised and never tested.

If your not even willing to join servers with high SA and you gave the system all of 20 minutes testing. Your then going to join these high SA servers wreck everyone and then spend multiple hours racing clean with AI just to do this again. :D

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Coanda and LeDude83 like this.
  4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I highly doubt anyone will have 90+ SA and be 10 seconds off pace. Main reason is to have 90+ SA you need very good car control and ability to put the car where you want.

To be 10 seconds off the pace you have none of that and you wont be running close to other cars for extended periods while going fast enough to gain SA trust.

So this theory of yours is enough for you to avoid joining high SA servers? Not seeing how much better the race experiance in there is and considerably more competitive.

Madsen, vanveen, Luis Branco and 3 others like this.
  5. CrzBonKerz

CrzBonKerz Racer

I love AC. I love Blancpain GT series. I solely race GT3 in any sim. Im really loving ACC so far. It is a dream come true for me. Im really, really hoping that I am able to have consistently accessible competitive online racing experiences when this game really gets rolling. Im scared with being a North American racer that all of the action is going to be across the pond. I guess time will tell and I’ll personally be hoping for the best. ACC is the end all, be all sim for me.

Sidebar: I want to stop feeling like iRacing is the only way to get involved in competitive online racing. My wallet and my wife oppose iRacing.

warth0g, Son, Adastros and 6 others like this.
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

In Australia we are even more isolated then you guys, sadly this thread shows most dont understand whats in place or care to even give it a try.

Once numbers go up post release there should be more good racing available for all. But even the current system which I think will work pretty well if used by the majority will need some way of forcing it on people to have any chance of main stream success.

Given free choice to opt out and lack of understanding by the vast majority means its greatly under utilized. Many wont see what it can do, sure more can also be done. Completly rubbishing the work and effort put in before trying it by so many, doesnt give me very high confidence in the majority of the player base.

Adding more people to the mix will raise numbers but the percentage of people using ratings properly is what we need to grow not just the overall numbers in MP.

Coanda, Ace Pumpkin and LeDude83 like this.
  7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Missed this one sorry, atm I am helping run the Raceonoz servers. I have one stricter SA but its only been me and a couple friends in there, there is one open server too but I mostly try and avoid that.

There are a few other aussie servers around but I havent seen another restricted one up yet or anyone I dont already know in ours.

Post release will see if I stick with this or start my own up again like I did with AC which I shut down once MR died. Also I pretty much stopped AC mp use at that point both public and league racing with no good casual mp racing possible I lost all interest in it.

Ideally we dont really need many more servers and will depend on if we have event rotation per server including track rotation. If thats the case we dont need a bunch of servers up to avoid spreading our linited user base too thin.

I will likely still help run league races and so often have the coming round with a public server for open practice, like I did in the past with AC and MR assuming the league wants to run ACC if not I will start up my own again.

This gives league guys good casual racing practice if they want and non league guys can still get in good racing without commiting to the 1 night per week format and just race when they have some time.

In that case probably have 1 combo of the week setup and another with full rotation if anyone wants to run other tracks at all times.

Something like stracker with server stats tracking would be ideal too, not sure if anything like that will come at v1 or even later.

Coanda likes this.
  8. Mantii

Mantii Gamer

I don't post a lot on these forums but do read through a lot of the threads. I also wanted to take the opportunity to share my opinion for what it is worth, and maybe provide some solutions. It seems like there is a lot of back and forth without concrete ideas. For those that feel "cheated", I certainly understand and to be honest, we all know what matchmaking truly means, and it is not a browser. So in that regard, I think a lot of people do have the right to express their frustration. On the other hand, Kunos needs to listen to the feedback and try to come up with some ideas and solutions for the future, as I think the voices are loud and clear, and there is a need for a more competitive and organized solution out of the box without making the community do it for free. If the goal is to potentially sell this title on console, a matchmaking feature is basically required at this point, unless you have absolutely no intention to compete on the console, as much as you said you don't want to go against GT or Forza. As soon as you release a console racing game, you will be competing against those titles, whether you consider ACC a simulation or an arcade.

I really love this game and its a dream come true. I will be playing it and have been playing it whenever I have time. Leagues will love this title, especially as more content and features are added. We really needed a racing title such as this that truly simulates the real world counterpart, and I think it does a fantastic job. I look forward to the future and future content, and I hope we see the likes of GT4, maybe Blancpain Asia or America, etc, just some ideas. There is a lot of content under the SRO banner alone, which could serve as a guide for future development of ACC. Let me explain and move on the the matchmaking aspect;

We know how IRacing works, as it basically requires individuals to start on the bottom with a MX5 or similar and move up different classes. One needs to demonstrate progression on track to be able to move up to race cars that everyone wants, such as GT3s. I don't expect this right out of the gate with ACC as its a single class competition. But what about incorporating some similar structure in the future by including TC America for example as a "Learning" class and build up ones competition rating, then move on to GT4 and finally to GT3? That can be further split by requiring certain ratings, competition time in GT3 to be able to race the 24hr endurance races like they require in the real world. It would truly make for an amazing progression system, with stats and the like. (All of this for multiplayer of course) I would bet that a lot of individuals would pay for something like this with an ever expanding service which doesn't have to stop with SRO. The ground work has already been laid with the driver ratings, which is a lot more complex than what is offered in competing titles imo.

The server browser that we have now should have been an addon, not the main focus of multiplayer racing. I think most people wanted a matchmaking system as was described in the marketing material and that we know from other titles such as Forza. You press a button, and you are put in a lobby. The hope was that this was going to get expanded to take into account those driver ratings and put people together to make for some excellent racing, even if there is no progression system per say. The way this should have been designed from the beginning is like this:

-Match making system like we have in Forza, but incorporating driver ratings to find suitable opponents. Perhaps putting more weight on safety etc. This would also translate perfectly for any expansion plans to consoles
    -Servers browser and custom server/race creation like we have now for those that want custom races, for leaues ,etc.
    -Competitions - Similar to GT or IRacing with scheduled races with a true progression system. This could include the progression that I mentioned previously, but could perhaps be simplified for ACC until more content is created. This could also be something that can be monetized by a subscription model for people that truly want to compete and progress as a driver. The subscription model would work great once more classes/competitions are included, such as Blancpain Asia, America, Intercontinental, TC, etc. My suggestion would be to start small and scale up once interest has been gauged. There are so many possibilities here for a true progression system that I know Kunos is capable of making, even if we know that it would taker some time to implement. It would certainly be something that can be improved over time, and I truly believe its a great opportunity with a new title such as this. We can certainly debate on how many servers, how to structure the races to begin with, how long each competition lasts etc. We don't have to have answers right now, but at least get the discussion going to hopefully implement something like this in future. If it's a service people like and enjoy, people will pay. Don't have to be as greedy as IR and charge for every single car or track, but you can certainly charge for the expansions that would be a requirement to progress through this "Competition" aspect of the game. At that point, the name Competizione would truly be deserving.

I look forward to the 1.0 release and will be looking at future development of this title with eagerness.

Adastros, surtic86, kiril_r and 3 others like this.
  9. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

I feel quite disappointed, it is not worth entering the game if there are only races in a loop without any motivation, it also gives me a lot of anger because many of us lost time in the forum giving opinions and in the end Kunos He did not listen to the community. We are not asking you to remove the current MP system just to implement the official scheduled races, just as those who want to walk in the circuit can enter any server as it is currently, (both types of MP, scheduled races and open servers could be used. Whoever wants can sign up for a race at a certain time and whoever does not want to sign up to any server). Seriously it is so complicated to make Assetto corsa competizione have competition, if before the 1.0 comes out is not spoken by kunos that will study the possibility of changing your mind about the MP I definitely have to leave the game, it was nice while hard.

TheBoss likes this.
  10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Nice Example for the above (no insults, though):

Mantii patronizes all participants of the discussion by assuming that everybody has agreed on that claim. From now on, facts are left behind and the personal wishlist/smart ideas/references to better examples are attached.
    That's exactly what I meant. It's impossible to discuss with such people.

Yes, I also see a lot of "theoretical issues" here. I like the slightly changed tone in here but discussing things that potentially could become issues seems totally pointless.

I also get it how people prefer iRaceng. But that's not Kunos fault, no? Minolin has always made it pretty clear he isn't goint to just copy anything.
    No problem if someone prefers iRacing.

11. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

You can gain SA and be 10 secconds off the pace, with AI at 80%. The rest that you have said is correct to

12. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Apart from that "we all", which at least does not include me, could you please quote an official definition of what matchmaking truly means? And by "official" I don't address assumptions based on mechanisms other titles implemented and called "matchmaking", which seem to be taken as a standard Kunos, according to some reactions here, has to justify themselves for.

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Without necessarily insisting on those "10s" (even 3s feels huge during a race): I have seen that once on a Zolder server. SA restriction was 50 IIRW and one guy was incredibly slow. There obviously was a huge mismatch between PC and SA.

That's not a huge issue, though. You just pass him. in Blancpain it's no different.
    Should he not be able to drive safely in a much faster field and cause a lot of crashes, the rating system will sort it out, eventually. He will have to grind his way back to higher SA ratings and like I said various times - this is NOT a matter of 5 minutes. It takes much longer and will IMO not be an attractive passtime for anyone.

Maybe a PC restriction will come to servers at some point. This will sort such issues out, too.

Generally, I see no need to be scared of high SA/low PC drivers ruining MP racing. This is quite a theoretical construct right there, like @martcerv described.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You mean get to 90SA+ and your lapping 10 seconds off top pace. Not just gain SA to whatever low level with slow AI its a fairly different thing.

If you joined a server that had SA90 limit there it would be highly unlikely for anyone to be more then 2 seconds off pace. SA50 it could be 10 seconds but its also a huge difference in SA, SA65 will be tighter again. Its why I really dont see much point in pace filtering until we easily fill SA80+ servers but id just raise SA higher not care much for pace as it comes with clean racing which is way more important anyway.

In a real Blancpain field the gap is more then 4 seconds between top pro and many AM's. Nothing wrong with that as they all do their best to avoid contact and leave race room. In a field of 24 for sprints they all have battles in their class. ;)

I would suspect most SA90+ guys would have PC80+ especially those that put any real effort into the special events who would be closer to 90 and so well within 1 second of record pace.

Then go from SA50 to unrestricted with no track medals and many wont even set a valid lap in a 20 minute session.

Still open unrestricted servers are the go to option for most in MP and this has zero matchmaking built into it. No driver ability standards at all and non
    real incentive to not crash into others as you can still join these servers no matter how big a wrecker you are.

Yet nobody seems to call SA server limits matchmaking in any way. :rolleyes:

Arlo likes this.
  15. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

i noticed it back in november, i even called it out on a video on my YT channel that it's going to be a browser based gamed back in november 18, i have been trying to tell people for months but evrytime they just say im wrong or being negative, kunos knew fulkl well what people thought yet let them think it all the way up to lauch because it help them drive sales, they could have stepped in and corrected them anytime within the last 7 months but they didn't, from now on people should take kunos marketing with a grain of salt and wait to the final products have been delivered before buying, much the same as they should with sms nowadays after ian bells lies

16. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Is the absence of matchmaking necessarily means that there will be no points to collect / personnal statistics after a race?

I don't care about matchmaking if, after the race, I am in a global ranking, with the world's quickest alien ranked #1 and myself #12489

I don't believe Kunos would create a game called "competizion" and would not include such a ranking system.
    Multiplaying without an aim is not a competition.

So I prefer to trust Kunos and wait for the 1.0 and beyond, to see how they update this multiplayer.

17. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

I can get to 100 SA with 80% AI, then enter a 90 SA server being 10 seconds of the pace. Being clean doesn't mean to be fast. In almost every server there are really fast guys and 2-3 up to 5 seconds off the pace guys.

XettMan likes this.
  18. konean

konean Rookie

Only found this announcement today, after some videos on YT appeared. RIP Hype for launch.

Product Website with listed Keyfeatures:

ADVANCED MULTIPLAYER FUNCTIONALITY

A well-structured ranking system will evaluate individual performance and driving behaviour to reward the most virtuous drivers and promote fair play in online competitions. The matchmaking function makes sure that you can compete with opponents of similar skill level and easily find online races to join, while the leaderboards will allow you to compare single-lap performance with virtual pilots from around the world with the same car, circuit and weather conditions.

Now this statement of the Developers.

Learning experience for myself: Never ever buy Early Access Titles again, even if they have a good reputation and already did a good Early Access development in the past.

WHAT A JOKE.

iker17 and PiretSS2000 like this.
  19. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

lel? Joke? I think it sounds awesome! Granted I have no idea what all the fuss is about....

Coanda, Ace Pumpkin and LeDude83 like this.
  20. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

competition (ˌkɒmpɪˈtɪʃən)
    n

1. the act of competing; rivalry
    2. a contest in which a winner is selected from among two or more entrants
    3. a series of games, sports events, etc
    4. the opposition offered by a competitor or competitors

--------

I think the problem is here, people associates "competition" with organized leagues / tournaments, etc... or some kind of "series".

Joining random servers with no progression or anything to win/lose, cannot be called "series".

Again, as with "match-making", words have meanings.

XettMan likes this.
  21. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

In the end, it's all about the so called "e-peen" effect. Some don't race for the thrill of racing itself, but to see their name somewhere on a ranking in a webpage.

But you miss one thing, and it is that with ACC all races are counted for the ratings. There is no Week 13 in ACC. There is still the CP rating that has not yet been unveiled also.

Perhaps it would be enough for Kunos to publish the list of all drivers with their CP and total rating so people can see their name on a screen?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk