1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matchmaking_(video_games)

"In multiplayer video games, matchmaking is the process of connecting players together for online play sessions."

Look Wikipedia Quote above.

Can we all settle on facts please and not on personal opinion and expectations, or the wrong interpretation of nothing but WORDS? Matchmaking is not scheduled racing. Scheduled racing is scheduled racing. What matchmaking is I quotet from wikipedia AND i highlighted in Kunos keyfeatures.

people who complain here, complain on social media contests where you 'only have to comment and share the article and like the fb page to win' that they never win anything even if they take part at the contests every time.

I know, wikipedia is not the source of endless wisdom but is has a pretty clear definition of matchmaking. You can see buying an early access game as signing your work contract. Kunos just stuck (Stuck, gnihihihihi, no pun intended :p) to the contract and the contract contains the big and highlighted statement above. The very definition of matchmaking. They did make it possible to match your online experience with your driving skills. No other was promised. If you sign a contract at work you don't come to your boss after one month and complain about not getting additional $500 and 10 days off, as you expeted. Because a colleauge told you so. What you guys do here for nearly 1000 posts now is exactly that. You signed a contract, people told you stuff thats not in the contract. You expected things different from the contract and made an own opinion about term in the contract. You got feelings and your made-up contract terms. And now your boss says: Sorry, but what you expected and what all the others say is not what we said in the contract. We stick to the contract.

And now you try to destroy your boss (kunos) because you can not believe that you simply made up things about your works (ACC) contract (keyfeatures) in your mind, listened to others, believed in others who said better things about work (acc) than your boss (kunos) or the contract (keyfeatures) and now you are angry about yourself.

Look at the facts. Read the keyfeatures. Understand what they mean. Don't listen to or believe in people who mislead you! Don't blame your boss for sticking to the contract that YOU DID NOT UNDERSTAND!

you will be less angry then.

2. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

To an extent, sure. You can be quite slow (6-7s off pace) and have an SA of 75-80. I seriously doubt that if your car control and consistency are so poor that you're 10 seconds off pace, you'd be able to follow an AI80 reliably enough to get to 100. Once you're in the mid-high 90s, one mistake is gonna take another 30-40 minutes of clean following to overcome.

3. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Look, I like this game a lot, and I hope it is a success. S••t happens and plans are not always possible in a deadline, or possible at all... but after 50 pages, keep trying to push for the "matchmaking has other meanings" narrative is a bit ridiculous.

Tell me one, just ONE, game in the last 25 years that called "matchmaking" the functionality of listing browsers (filtered or sorted in any way) so the user joins one from it.

I will be waiting.

Also mix that with the title "Competizione", with what other racing games has been doing, with the push for esports, with the ambiguity of Kunos... people have plenty of right to be pissed off.

$25 is pocket money for some, but for others is half year budget for games.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    surtic86 likes this.
  4. Don't make your problem mine. Nor make it other peoples problem. Matchmaking has exactly ONE meaning and i quoted it above. Its YOU (and several others) who does not understand the meaning of the word matchmaking or makes something different out of it and its YOU who doesnt know the difference to 'how do I choose the correct server so that the matchmaking system can do its work'. I wont show you anything. You have everything you need. I wrote everything I have and wanted to in the post above.

I can only quote myself: Dont blame other people for YOUR shortcomings. Read the contract, understand the contract. Dont make something else out of the contract that it doesnt say or mean.

[​IMG]

5. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

book example of definition mining

matchmaking has many meanings / possible implementations, none of them is a "server with filters"

again, if that's an actual meaning used by other people and other games, you will have no problem in naming a single game that used that terminology (matchmaking as a server browser). I'm still waiting.

[​IMG]

This is getting ridiculous, this was discussed and settled down 20 pages ago.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  6. Si.

Si. Simracer

I don’t suppose Special Events can be called Events either.

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Wikipedia is not an appropriate source, never has been and never will. Wikipedia articles can be made or edited by everyone.

What I read in that article is basically a status quo of an small selection of games, including Halo 2 and Doom. It doesn't at all mean that it precisely describes what needs to be in place in order to deserve the label "matchmaking". This article is neither inclusive nor exclusive.
    I could go and add to this very article that ACC took a different approach to matchmaking, custom-tailored to the sim racing genre. According to your logic, ACC would then have matchmaking.

Yeah...that was delivered. It's what we have right now.

To use the matchmaking, pick one of the topmost entries in the server list. Done.

8. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

This thread is an endless loop.o_O

9. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

If this is the case, I would not spend my money on Early Access games, only on consolidated games, when they are on sale.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

10. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

AI at 80% are 20 seconds of the pace of an 100% AI, so it's perfectly possible

11. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

After reading all this non-sense, I don't want to play with humans anymore... :D

Coanda, Zanza21, pazzi008 and 5 others like this.
  12. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

It would be highly unlikely for a driver that slow to be able to follow without hitting them for the amount of time required. You seem to think following a super slow car is easy. It isn't. If you can maintain that kind of control, lap after lap, you're simply not going to be 10s off the ultimate pace.

Besides, if you're that slow, unlocking SA to begin with is going to be super borderline, but you might be able to squeek in a 50PC on the first couple days of a long hotstint event.

13. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

If you are 20 seconds of the pace, you don't have to "follow" a slow car, you have to race cars at your same level. Also, if you are 5 seconds off the pace, you can put the AI at 87 for example, so it is at your level. 5 seconds of the pace is still a lot, but you can get to 100 SA easy, your pace does not have anything to do here

14. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

There we go. :)
    I guess the only thing Kunos is, if ever, remotely to blame for, is using a generic (!) term that has gotten some distinct definition by the way other racing titles used it in the last years.
    But on the other hand it's up to everyone himself to read the details instead of just the headline.

It's like Spaghetti alla Carbonara: There's an official recipe how it's originally done, but you gotta ask whether your chef sticks to it or if he is a freak who puts cream in the sauce.
    The fact that almost ever "italian" restaurant (at least in germany) adds cream does NOT make it a part of the official recipe, even if you think it's for the better.
    (@Lord Kunos please don't say you add cream to carbonara. ;))

We recently had a coworker trying exactly that move after even announcing it proud and loud to everyone around. Boy, did he make a fool of himself. :D

15. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

Year 2019 talking about what matchmaking is.
    This is absurd, all for defending Kunos.
    The year 2019 will be marked by the new matchaking system reinvented by kunos and will mark a trend.
    The last hope to get out of the monopoly of iracing is Rfactor
    Enjoy guys

XettMan, mkotechno and surtic86 like this.
  16. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

So is a race. As you joined late, please respect blue flags. :cool:

17. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Conveniently, you chose to ignore the other three alternative definitions which all seem to apply.

Almost as ridiculous as insisting that there are no other valid alternatives. I've asked you a number of times now to prove that your version of matchmaking is the only valid one. You haven't responded and you can't - because it isn't! Just because someone else does it a different way and you prefer that version, that doesn't mean there isn't an alternative solution.

It's worth reading a post from Minolin in the Multiplayer forum here: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-weights-dont-work-at-all.56413/#post-1042366. How is that not matchmaking?

As a personal request to all those complaining, please refrain from using statements like "we all want..." and "everyone knows..." because a simple read through this (very) long thread clearly shows that not everyone wants or knows the same thing that you do. It would be great if we all got exactly what we wanted but this is real life and it's impossible to please everyone. As has been pointed out earlier in the thread, even if everyone here who's threatening to never play ACC again followed up on their threat (and I have my doubts that they all would), that still only constitutes a small fraction of those playing every day. Unless, of course, you think that most of them are being forced to play against their will? We all have expectations for this game and many (in particular, it would appear, the silent majority) seem to be happy, like me, to play it and see where it goes.

If you can't possibly race without a particular type of matchmaking, find a game that has it and play that - it really is that simple. You'd be losing all of the great features that ACC offers but perhaps you'd consider that it's worth it. If you think that ACC will die as a result, let's wait and see. I don't think it will, but, amazingly, I've been wrong before!

sps_for_race, LeDude83 and aotto1977 like this.
  18. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

If wiki is open for everyone to edit, just go ahead and do it. Good wiki pages should be moderated to prevent such chaos.
    I hope Blancpain will start a league and provide a BP championship on own rented servers. Each watch sold will provide a year of running LOL

anthony galmiche likes this.
  19. konean

konean Rookie

That example with a contract is a pretty bad one.

I bought a product. I bought it for a cheaper price because it was Early Access. Early Access means things can change, it can take longer etc. and so on. No need to go further, most of us should know this since we have this type of digital product for some years now. So yes I am not complaining about my money because I know the risk I put in with buying an Early Access title. But I have big problem with situations like this now. You are advertising something which is not clear to the customer and is different from the commen sense a customer would assume from this kind of product (multiplayer games). If you already have to use definitions and rip appart the key feature statement to make it clear what they want to achieve, yes this is a big problem since its not clear enough for a customer to know what is meant by it.

So for me its a missguided advertisement. How serious it is on a juristic level, well I dont know since I am not a lawyer. But its enough for me to personally think of the company that they tried to fool me like for example restaurants that put "homemade" on their card but are serving pre produced industry stuff. My lesson learned from this, no EA titles, even if they have good reputation and delivered in the past.

surtic86 likes this.
  20. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

The term ‘matchmaking’ reminds me of its early use as it relates to dating sites: you put in the characteristics of the woman/man you’re looking for, and you’re given a list of those individuals that match those criteria. It’s up to you then to select and contact each yourself, much like selecting a server. There is no ‘button’ you just push, and all of a sudden you’re in bed with one of them. Much better to make your own choice, I think we can all agree.

Read in this context, there is absolutely nothing duplicitous or unclear in anything Kunos has said on the subject. The tools for finding appropriate, clean racers of your caliber are well thought out and are freely available to you. You can decide to use them or not.

Chin, Coanda, sps_for_race and 9 others like this.