1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC content

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by TheBoss, Feb 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I would never pick the Acura to contest a current ACC race, but I like driving it. It is known that this iteration is not necessarily competitive. Fidelity to real life that relegates the car to hot lapping. Is the "accurate" handicapping worth limiting the car's usage to AI filler? Maybe it could perform accurately as AI, but be better BoP balanced when being driven by a human(?). I'm sure this is way down the list.

2. trutya

trutya Simracer

i think separating 2018 and 2019 cars shouldn't be that hard. i don't want to change the BoP of 2018 cars because they should be competitive with 2019 cars.
    let's keep the reality! i don't care if i can't race 2018 car on a 2019 server or vice-versa. or if i could race, i don't care its BoP is different. overall laptimes should be close anyway.

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Which ever way they decide to run BoP I hope it is realistic and easy to understand in the UI.

Freddie Seng, Adastros and trutya like this.
  4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Looking over the teams and manufacturers for 2019 versus 2018, I just figured out I'd be happy enough if they throw the McLaren into the 2019 list and keep them separated. Both groups of cars provide nice versatility and difference between them.

Adastros likes this.
  5. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

2018 vs 2019 cars will be fun for sure but if they gonna balance it then IMO they should change BoP of old cars such that they become close to 2019 cars NOT do other wau around i.e slow down 2019 cars to 2018 car levels.
    For EXAMPLE->>
    if new porsche is faster than old one by for example (assuming) 0.5 seconds then bring the old porsche (991.1) to that level NOT slow down NEW porsche by 0.5 seconds to match old car's pace.
    I'm pretty sure by removing some ballast and/or giving more power to old car will make them fight toe to toe with new ones.

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

.. great now the aliens can use the 18's whilst the rest of us use the 19's BoP so maybe we only look half stupid.. just maybe..

yes @Captain Barracuda I am talking about you o_O:p:D

7. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

This will not happen.

8. trutya

trutya Simracer

yeah, that's what i'm against... i prefer keep the reality. if the '18 Porsche is slower than '19, then it's slower, so what.

i'm more curious about rulesets, especially after we get the IGTC DLC. i think stint lengths are different for example compared to BES?

mr Switchblade and sps_for_race like this.
  9. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I understand but your reality is Not real but artificial why? because the current performance of porsche is because of BoP NOT actual performance.
    So old porsche will be slower IF it weren't for BoP BUT since BoP is unavoidable part of GT racing then why not make all cars as much equal as possible?

You are denying all the amazing races that could happen if both 2018 and 2019 had same level of performance.
    So old cars will be slower mostly because of BoP and you know BoP is artificial NOT actually the cars performance.

10. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

I'd rather keep the 2018/19 cars separate, I dont want to run the new and old R8s in the same race imo.

Adastros, nfsw55 and tjr like this.
  11. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Some of this speculations are getting ridiculous.
    They're not going to balance '18 cars again just so they can match '19 cars. Each year Blancpain used certain BoP values and that's what Kunos will do, period.
    Will they allow to run '18 and '19 cars together in MP?? We'll have to wait and see

12. Dobermann92

Dobermann92 Racer

I only hope that I could race 2018 cars on Zandvoort and 2019 cars on Zolder offline. I prefer not mixing 2018 and 2019 cars together, although for online mode I would be okay with it (although because the 2019 season will be free for all of the players it wouldn't separate the community much).

Also I wonder if it would be possible to implement different layouts for the existing tracks, it would add for a lot of variety for offline and online racing. (of course the career mode should be limited to the layouts used during the 2018 season).

And one last question: Will there be a 2019 season career mode?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    trutya likes this.
  13. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

I suspect they'll split the grids in SP and have separate BOP for each where applicable, ie the 2015 Merc would have separate 2018 and 2019 BOP if that was the case IRL. I'd imagine we won't be able to mix seasons in SP but will be able to pick any car we like for MP. I hope was can race 2018 grid on Zandvoort and 2019 grid on Zolder in SP but it's possible we won't be able to. Hoping this is open though for SP practise modes and MP.

trutya likes this.
  14. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

In Sprint and Endurance modes maybe not but in Custom weekend and Single Race I don't see why not

trutya likes this.
  15. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Gamer

I suspect that Kunos' policy is to keep the game as close as possible to the real life in term of simulation, so they will implement the real life BoP rather than making all the cars balanced within the game.

mr Switchblade and tjr like this.
  16. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Quote from the thread :"Plans to balance the cars?"

17. trutya

trutya Simracer

in Kunos we trust :)

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

and that's that.. Aris's message is clear and on point.. BoP the way it should be.. :cool:

sps_for_race likes this.
  19. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Which leaves us wondering where the 720S will fit in. I hope we won't have it only for hotlaps ;)

BTW, has anyone yet seen any pics of the Aston cockpit?

Chrisfande-f1 likes this.
  20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

[​IMG]

sps_for_race, GCCRacer and Serge M like this.