1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I'm pretty confident ACC will evolve more to deliver some of the items you mentioned... there is already some parts available (full unrestricted formation laps) in behind passworded servers... I'll come and we'll get a new shot in the arm of drivers when we get the new international tracks.
    :)

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The full manual formation amongst good respectfull league racers has worked great. In order to make this work in public servers there would need to be some rules set and penalties given. If we had a safety car to lead the field and set the pace then have the system identify people out of position and let them know how to fix this before cars go double file to avoid a penalty.

With the start give a penalty to anyone going too early becore the green flags and a full manual formation woukd work at least in high SA public servers fairly well. I woukd much rather full manual formation in all races then that auto limiter stuff.

If we had full rules available in public servers the same as private ones, add ping limits and we could even run semi open league seasons. Current system even in private servers dont really give enough in game info regarding the set rules, this is needed to be added to UI to make race rules fully functional and user friendly for all. Relying on private forums to pass the info on to all those racing is far from an ideal solution for things that should be clearly visible in game.

Set ratings strict enough the ratings will work to ensure anyone else joining is up to standard. I would ideally like to have a server setting for how many spots are open to those outside the entry list. With that and ping limits I would even open some spots in our full league season if there are grid spots available on the track beyind our expected league turnout.

With the info @Minolin provided regarding setting weather in a server its given admins the ability to use dynamic weather much better. Still would be nice to get at least a basic forecast for all future sessions but the weather has been quite fun in our last few races.

ignission, EsxPaul, Piret2000 and 4 others like this.
  3. david m

david m Racer

fully agree with what you explain, and just to add my 2 cents .

UI need to show us when we enter in a multiplayer sesion what is going on. Right now you don't know rules of the race you just joined. At least the driver that join a race needs to know if it's a mandatory pitstop with pit window, or if the race is no mandatory pitstop or whatever pitstop rule applied.

In the last update we have big improve with UI in multiplayer knowing now how is the time schedule of the session and the duration of sessions, but we need to know the rules and details of the race we join .I jus see 3 things miss:
    - to know Pitstop rules for the race.
    - to know kind of formation lap.
    - to know wich time accel multiplier are applied to the session

Server admins can inform us what rules are going on for the race throw the chat , but many times chat is a mess and you can't attend everysecond what people say and who speak.

4. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Actualy regarding Pit stops it's simple: no password no mandatory pitstop.

5. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

If I understood correctly y'all are asking for: full formation lap, longer races, mandatory pit stops and races with high SA people but without joining a closed league.. Well I heard that Competizione servers are exactly like that but guess what? No one joins them lol

Piret2000 and Rolz like this.
  6. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

That's a great offer!

I would add to that the increase in damage to the car and the inability to get out of the sand if I went too far, because that's how IRL works. At the moment, people don't care - the damage is minimal and you can push and push the car off the line, as well as slow down at the very last moment, because the maximum that awaits you - it's light damage, which has little or no effect on the return to the track on the sand. I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut about the other cars... for this moment anyone can knock opponent and go on race without damage. People don't appreciate it, so after 1 error they change the server.

At the moment it is not like a race, but a round in CS, if we are talking about random-servers.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    After_Midnight and EsxPaul like this.
  7. Rolz

Rolz Alien

If I had better ping to them I’d be on them all the time... thankfully I have an amazing bunch of drivers in a league that is just as good...

martcerv likes this.
  8. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I would love something like this.
    One of my biggest complaints is the auto rev/speed limiter on the formation lap/corner.
    I drive in a full motion rig (SFX100) and during the rolling start if I keep my foot down and it hits the limit I get jolted around violently (which is VERY uncomfortable, but strangely it doesn't do this when entering the pits on the limiter), so I have to keep just below the limit.
    The problem I then have is that I get overtaken prior to the green light, or when the light does turn green I have to react and press the accelerator, where others who already have their foot planted don't have to do this, they just shoot off and I always get overtaken by 2 or 3 cars on the green light.
    I would love it if this limiter was lifted and like IRL we had to manage our own speed or have the pit limiter required to be manually set and unset when the green lights goes on.
    If people overtake prior then they should get a drive through.

9. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't think that would go down too well on your average public server, people just want to drop in and race.

I would like the big spectacle every so often when you know you have the right people to race against. But doing it all the time would probably end up frustrating for people, it's basically sitting through something that's not necessary.

When Racedepartment do an organised race at the weekends that people signed up for, the races feel more important. It would be good to do what your talking about on CP servers, it's a full experience, the results mean more, there's no time wasters. But it's not something your doing day in day out.

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

As an option it would be welcome by a few, obviously not all want this and prefer the fairly average start method we have atm. The same system starting 2/3 of a lap in may be better for shorter more casual races, but I know in general public servers people are in a rush to be the first to crash so no point delaying this any more for those that rarely even complete 1 lap of a race. :D

I honestly would even prefer a fully auto start sequence over what we have currently, at least that way starts should be in a better tighter formation at the line.

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There arent even any in my region so even if I wanted to I cant. The full formation lap with the limiter is a rather painful exercise, the short version of that is better.

12. I don't think so. Of course just on higher ranked server (75+). It will add excitement/immersion. It will give dedicated people something they can aim for and something they can lost. It will give the rating a value.
    Just because I've to prefer open public servers because of my available spare time ist doesn't mean I'm less dedicated and less interested in good clean races.

Again. It's remind me at the discussion about the jump starts in AC.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The rating doesn't mean little, I just tried a lower SA server first time in ages SA40 and I am amazed anyone wants to race in such crappy fields. The worst driving I have come across in ages but thats because I have been staying above SA70 and wont go below again. Really any races under SA70 I have joined have been a big waste of time and Id rather run solo laps or race the AI.

Any decent racers can easily maintain SA well over 70, for people that want to race with people that cant, they have all the other public servers. If we get access to CP servers in Australia and SA is dropped below 70 I will avoid them just like I will every other server under that level. Dropping the standards expected in the servers will just make them less attractive for anyone that wants decent racing, there is already lots of crappy racing available so why try make more servers crappy. ;)

The guys I usually race would easily all have SA over 90 and even 70 is fairly soft and it would be hard for me to get my SA that low, I would need to be much worse then I am so why would I want to race people that are much worse to race with. :rolleyes:

david m likes this.
  14. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

My opinion has changed a bit since my post was written - I started to get tired of racing SA 65+ and I can say that everything before that was chaos. My SA destroyed by system and if it worked the way it should, I would have had 80+. Just because I drive as cleanly as possible, and in case of danger, I'd rather use the brake than hope for good luck - I'm not a pro-driver. In this game there are 10-15(?) of them, but almost everyone thinks they about himself, unfortunately.

So now I think it's fair for the CP: 70+.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  15. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

And that is the issue.
    Those who are already under SA70 have no option but to play on those crappy servers, making it more difficult to get over SA70.
    Yes, they could probably easily maintain over SA70 as they can play against better drivers who are more aware and more respectful (in the main) making it easier to stay above.

Its like in life, if you are rich its easier to stay rich. If you are poor its difficult to get out of being poor.

chksix likes this.
  16. I'm racing at all servers and went up to SA99 (now 95). ;) The AI's are much more dangerous than the most guys out there.

LeDude83 and Racert46 like this.
  17. Rolz

Rolz Alien

but Thug, here u have the opportunity to improve SA and that’s race against AI... you’ve said on multiple occasions you are time poor, but I do strongly recommend you find time to do this and get the higher rating :)

18. Flavus

Flavus Racer

Increasing SA against AI is not so easy as they can be very unpredictable, slowing in corners and also bashing you from behind. Online is not so easy either, someone whacks you first corner and you loose SA. I have won races driving without contact in 20/30/60 minute races and my SA does not go up because you have to race alongside another car for it to count and that to me is not the only way that SA should be increased. Clean online contact free kilometers should award additional SA and that would encourage people to complete clean laps and not quit when they are on their own. SA system needs tweaking and it is work in progress as I understand so keeping my fingers crossed I can build SA up to a higher level after the next update but for now it is switched off as for me it does not work.

19. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

I appreciate how SA gains are made honest by relying on actual interaction with other cars rather than just being by yourself and not going off like in iRacing. Though I wonder if it's a bit too punishing the way it is. Ofc the devs have much better insight into the numbers, but perhaps it could be more rewarding the more you stay clean even in large gaggles like at race start. Maybe increase the distance you can be from another car and still have it count. One way I think people farm SA with these days is to find someone in the race who are a little slower than you and just stay behind them for as long as possible so you both have as much interaction as possible to grind SA with. What it boils down to is having more frequent confirmations that you did good, to teach the players what they do right, currently you get an incident point but it's obscure how much it actually affects your rating and whatnot. I think GTSport shows you a SA+ icon after almost every interaction to reinforce good behaviour.

Chin likes this.
  20. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

It works in the past, not that much now.