1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yeah, it's not easy at all. I only played offline so far and I've been able to reach SA 70 all but once before it dropped again like a stone.

2. It should not even possible to get that high numbers in single player. The SA is a rating for online only and should be handled like it's intention. A lot of people think races against the AI are a good training for multiplayer but it's not. It is rather the opposite.
    Some observations:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...with-racing-idiots.59176/page-12#post-1078894

For single player there should be a limit at SA 50-60 as a base for dedicated people. Every higher stats should be just reachable in multiplayer.

3. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Keep High SA is almost a game in the game, you must chose well your server, be carefull, and clever. Situation awarness is the Key.

4. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

hodrob likes this.
  6. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Farming SA against the AI is trivial. You should easily be able to gain around 1 point per 15-20 minutes racing. Just run round at the back of the field on the bumper of the last place AI car. If you can't do this I'd suggest it indicates SA is working as intended. People get to obsessed about this. If 50-60 is your natural level than race on those servers with other people who are similarly skilled.

7. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

I agree the execution isn't the best; decals are a bit too shiny and it looks like their masking is highly rasterized and therefore jaggy. But the progress towards full custom liveries is quite interesting and I'd like to know more...

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I didn't mean the livery. I was referring to the game hack..

9. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Let's Say it's modding without dedicated tools :D

10. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I know you are right and I REALLY should do that, but I buy a sim to play against REAL people.
    I have no intention of racing against computers at all. I have no intention of playing a single player career mode either.
    I want to practice, qualify and play against humans as that what I enjoy doing.

I am the same as when I play Call Of Duty. I only ever play online and have never played a SP mission in a bout 10 years.
    The same as Red Dead Redemption 2. I played SP for about 30-60 mins, just because I 'had to' in order to open with the MP world and haven't touched it since.

To get to 70 SA (I am on 66 now) I would require roughly 2 - 4 hours (at a guess) in SP, which at an hour per week would be about a month to get it there. That would be a month of wasted time for me, so I would rather play Red Dead as I can jump straight in and play with my mates without any restrictions and without playing with people who wish to spoil my precious hour or 2.

After_Midnight likes this.
  11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well should be or not, it is possible because I was at 70. Once.

I've been playing all through Early Access and since release so it might as well have been adjusted in the meantime.

Edit: Here, you can have a screenshot too. It was SA 73 actually. And no matter what I do it seems to only drop since then - I suppose I just don't play long enough sessions.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

What do people mean by “farming” SA?
    If you can drive close to a car no matter if AI or actual person then the desired result has been achieved, no?

If you have AI set to low they will break early, and you will essentially practiced not hitting people when they break early, also good isn’t it?

LeDude83, jsmith.ls.uk, M96 and 3 others like this.
  13. Nope because the AI will do it over and over again at the same spots. It's not about reaction time. Just knowledge.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  14. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Wow! How did he make it?
    Seems that it replace an exist skin, no worrys. Don't know the limitations but it open new perspectives to leagues custom skins.

15. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

He's not said how he went about doing it just yet, but I am sure we'll find out soon, and I expect to see a few more people trying not that it's been proven possible.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  16. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Farming is easy, but also a waste of precious time to those who wish to have decent racing and not spend their time 'messing around'.
    It may be skill keeping people at 50-60SA, but that is not the only thing that can keep people at that level.
    Some may be very skilled (not talking about aliens here), but due to playing with people of lesser ability it holds them back.
    Its the same as kids at school. If you are in a class of lazy people who don't wish to learn then it can hold the decent kid back who does wish to learn.

17. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

Didn't recent changes to the rating system imply that people would sit at lower SA generally? might explain the lack of people in CP servers if fewer people can reach the 70SA needed(?) for them.

18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Strange... over the past few weeks mine's improved... but then I'm doing door to door racing with a great bunch of guys in a league...

19. Serge M

Serge M Alien

The biggest compliant seems to be that people can’t get to the higher level SA because of external factors. If it’s so easy to get SA, by “farming” it against AI then what is the problem really?

If the players problem of getting SA is really external then they could just farm it and once they get the rating to get in to the higher servers all should be solved no?

Really what I think is people can’t actually race to save themselves and blame everything but themselves, they can “farm” SA all they like but would quickly get kicked back down in any MP servers as they simply can’t race.

20. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

I feel like SA is fine. I generally hover around the mid 90s and even if I have a particularly bad run I always recover it without issue without farming. I race with a number of people who are in a similar SA range and they also seem to have no issue recovering it after a 'bad day'. If you can't get beyond 50, 60, 70 SA etc, it's probably because that's your correct rating, and the fact you don't understand what you're doing wrong and cast blame is likely a component of the skill gap that keeps you at that SA.

Also the concept of farming SA is retarded. Anyone farming needs to look at the bigger picture and utilise the AI to improve their skill and racecraft instead of farming. You'll gain and maintain long term SA by improving, not by farming.