1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

How do you figure?

2. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I quite often use the 'quickjoin' function in multiplayer. I do wish that on the load screen it would give the server settings as you see them if you browse the lobby list - weather, changeability, SA requirements. Or an I being blind and not seeing this?

Piret2000 likes this.
  3. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

How do I figure what?
    A global rating might help?

All figures are built up by various aspects of driving/racing, including them all may be a way of sorting out the newbies, long term drivers, from the Sunday drivers, from the fun drivers to the serious racers.
    Not sure how exactly this would work, if I did I would be suggesting something.

The servers are not full?
    Just take a look, there are plenty of empty servers.

4. Again thanks for your reply and the insides of "how it's working". :)

About the "KM" numbers tell a different story. Believe me it was much more than this. In my perception at least 15min of the whole race. I don't know why but these are the session details what I got for. Sadly I forgot to save the replay for my "YT channel". Too much happiness, exhaustion, congratulations of all involved for the too short overtime until the server jumped to the next session and the replay was lost.
    But anyway the point I was trying to make also with the time factor in mind it's possible to farm SA in singleplayer. Even for people like me at close to the highest possible SA rating. Lower ranked racers should gain easily much more Trust than me in the same time.

Agree :)

I don't think the rating system is that good. Especially in these modern days it's a bit outdated. But it's easy to understand and work with.

So let's try to get the bonus point too :) I'll talking about open public servers only.

- the race start procedure (to be honest I hate it)
    I'd love to have the possibiltity to drive full formation laps full manually (behind the leading/safety car, and/or UI guided, race engineer/Crew Chief) to prepare the car and myself for the race. And to have a good race start should up to myself.
    (higher ranked server only)

-penalty system
    Atm we've just penalties for track cutting (which is done great in my opinion) and pitlane speed. There is a need for penalties for overtaking before the green lights, yellow and blue flags, long term parking at or close to the track, exaggerated use of the escape button during the race etc. With consequences at the SA rating.

All in all something like this (a more functional and user friendly online experience):
    -mandatory pit stops
    Just as an option for server admins to add this feature for open servers.

-ping limits
    There should be an option for server admins for this to kick high pingers automatically.

-SA farming in single player
    Just a limit of reachable SA in races against the AI.

-UI (related to topic)
    An option to disable the summary after the session while you're still driving the car.

-SA rating
    I can't find better words than @GRFOCO to describe my feelings:
    There are also some small changes I'd like to have but I dont think it is the right place for requests of this kind because they're not 100% related to this discussion.

I really hope you'll considering this as a good base for a discussion even I don't will get the bonus point. :)

Greets After_Midnight

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    chksix, GRFOCO and Thug like this.
  5. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

That's one of the reasons I don't use quick join, but server list. I want to know what server I am on and how long it takes until the race starts before joining the server.
    I don't have much time to play so usualy I choose the server where the action starts first, as I always skip qualy to prevent Monza T1 carnage.
    If my information is correct quick join gets you on the server that is on the top of the server list.

After_Midnight and GRFOCO like this.
  6. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Great post @After_Midnight

I too dislike the start procedure (due to my rig shaking me violently) and would love to see a full manual formation lap/corner.
    In fact, if it was a full motion lap, those who are not safe wont be able to help themselves than to try and overtake or even stop all together.
    This might help weed out those who are not safe before the race has even begun.

I agree, people should get a drive through for overtaking before the green light.
    This might not be easy to do though if someone doesn't move off or parks up.
    Another good idea.
    Maybe SP SA farming should only take you up to SA 50, then everything after that is gained by MP only.

chksix and After_Midnight like this.
  7. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Perhaps I misunderstood. I inferred from your comment that you were suggesting a TO rating behind server restrictions would make then less populated than they are now.

Thug likes this.
  8. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Not sure if it is always the one at the top or not. For some reason I think not... dunno.

9. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

To be clear.
    I don't think that running alone sessions, collect clear laps after laps should rise our SA.

In a multiplayer race is another story, and i think that a little reward for running clean even if i am alone (let's say i'm in 1st pos, 5 seconds ahead the 2nd) should reward some little SA.

Obviously not so much as i'm in a dogfight with another guy, which, reasonably, our safety skills are way more needed.

BUT.
    In the opposite situation, i think that if i'm running in multiplayer session and i'm alone (again, in first position, or even in last position, it doesn't matters) and i hit walls, or i lose control, or i do 360°, my SA should fall cause this is not safety on track.
    Simple.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    After_Midnight, Piret2000 and Thug like this.
  10. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Fully manual starting procedure would result in a real mess.
    Even now some people cannot do double file and change wildly lines and/or cause crashes before green flag.
    I would do it fully automated until green flag, to prevent double file issues.

And please no complete formation lap. 4 minutes can be long and crashes would happen for sure.

11. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

In ir for example, starting procedure is working without any problems. And there aren't only aliens in ir...

It just works, cause of the safety system and penalty system.

After_Midnight likes this.
  12. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

But the ir safety system is much more motivating, because it rewards clean driving even without an opponent very very close to you.

My experience with ACC starting procedure is not so much positive.
    Too many crashes before green flag because of impatient guys.
    Do it automatic and problem solved.

Right now I also abuse starting procedure by driving at side on a safe spot, let others pass to be finally last at T1 to prevent T1 carnage...

13. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Imho in acc isn't working as intended also cause of automatic procedure, and lacking of penalty and bla bla bla. But that's my feelings.

As you said, manual starting procedure can work without any problems, if the whole mp is rewarding.

XettMan and After_Midnight like this.
  14. Loren Thomas

Loren Thomas Gamer

To me, ACC's starting procedure seems to be the worst of both worlds. There's enough manual control to allow people to ruin things, especially when people have only one corner to get started and form up. But things are still to way too automated and fake to be rewarding from a simulation perspective.

Personally, I'd prefer the full simulation - full formation lap, with the safety car leading, no automatic limiter, and penalties if you screw up. But I know that isn't for everybody. And still I think just making everything automatic until the lights turn green would work better than the current system.

15. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Month ago I suggested 'rubber banding'.
    Now hear me out before you dismiss it...

My suggestion was, If, prior to the race starting every car was connected by an invisible rubber band to the front, rear and sides, then there would be no overtaking, no crashing into the rear, no AFK drivers.
    If someone tries to sit on the start line, the rubber band will force them to move and when the green light goes on they will coast to a safe stop (and hopefully be automatically removed before the cars come round again), then those behind will be able to pass safely.
    The lead car wont be able to shoot off into the sunset making it a one car race either.
    You can still accelerate and brake and also move left and right, but just cant crash or drop too far behind.
    I cant think of any disadvantages in this, but I am sure there will be.
    Of course the second the green lights on this is lifted.

I understand the reasons people hate this idea (I do myself in a perfect world as I would rather they be fully manual) as it takes away some skill, but why would they prefer what we have now where people ram into them, or overtake them prior to the green light, or would rather people sit AFK and there being a traffic jam behind them.

When you watch real rolling starts it looks like they are all connected by a rubber band now.

Also this may be better just for the lower rated servers.

After_Midnight, chksix and Si. like this.
  16. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

This.

Piret2000 likes this.
  17. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

93 AI is the minimum to gain the most trust?

18. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

sry was reading up but lack the time to join in - just

no it's the minimum pace I see for regular simracers, you won't gain sa "farming" efficiency by going slower, but have opposite effects.
    In my opinion there is a nice gradual gain up to AIs around your level, with a gradual transition between farming and racing if your CN is good. If you are not consistent enough, slower AIs will allow you to catch up after mistakes, but then are too slow to race them once you are back. Btw. same happens in a race, and that's why I consider CN both a mandatory skill for racing and for a fair and optimal SA measurement.

swigaffu and Thug like this.
  19. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

I still don't know after all this time- clue me in pls. Do you get more SA boost battling high SA drivers or low SA drivers? Seems like if it's weighted it should be toward giving more SA for avoiding contact with lower SA drivers.

Piret2000 likes this.
  20. Si.

Si. Simracer

So I raced 3 times this afternoon, 2 x 20 at Monza, 1 x 20 @ Spa, some great close racing in all races, yet because of an incident at the start in the second race where someone clipped me T1 and then a bunch of idiots ignore yellow flags and just plough through a pileup down the road and take me out again I come away with a net loss in SA. I’m seriously considering iRacing as everything I read suggests as your Safety and I Rating increase the quality gets much better. That’s just not happening in ACC at the moment in anything other than a 70 rated server which I hardly see populated these days due to what seems like lower player numbers.