1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

iRacing is not idiot proof, you can try by yourself.

swigaffu, Racert46 and Piret2000 like this.
  2. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I too had a race today (Spa) 25 mins, tried a SA 50 server.
    We started off with 12 (I was p10 as I only had 1 minute to qual), got to the first corner from the long straight and the car in front of me put 2 wheels on the grass. He didn't lose it, but seeing him twitch I was forced to slow (not brake, just take foot of accelerator) to avoid a collision, but noticed it well in advice to take this action.
    However the guy behind me didn't, and went straight into my back end.
    I didn't spin, so easily recovered.
    Not sure what happened to the guy behind me, but by the end of the first lap we were down to 8 players.
    I ended up finishing 4th of 7 racers, with the guy at p5 letting me know it was a great battle between us (we were both respectful and clean and swapped places a couple of times without any contact) for about 4 or 5 laps.
    My SA...... nothing, stayed at 66.
    The next time i get on will be 'hopefully' next Thur or Fri for more of the same.

3. In cases like this I'd not even think about the SA. :)

Thug likes this.
  4. Si.

Si. Simracer

Agreed it’s not but it appears to be the best competitive racing environment at the moment. Kunos need to make the Competition servers something that people want to race on. I know some changes are coming so I look forward to seeing what those are.

Piret2000 likes this.
  5. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

I agree.

6. Si.

Si. Simracer

It’s the general feeling that once you’ve had an incident at the start of the race, there’s little to no way back in terms of SA in that race, even if you’re able to catchup and follow someone closely (more likely you’ll need to pit and come back out in the pack but a lap down) you’ll break even at best. The way I feel is that good clean racers are feeling hard done by and unfairly penalised whereas the perpetrators are probably not giving it a second thought and just move onto the next race after quitting a few laps in. It takes hours to gain SA and seconds to lose it.

Thug likes this.
  7. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Problem is 20 and 15 min races are to short, you get hit in the first 5 five mins and your finished, you really need more 30 and 60 mins races in my opinion. It better to do a single 1 hour race than three 20 minute races. The race quality is better in 1 hour races. all you need is an incentive to see it through, like 1.15% increase in SA if you complete the race if you only have say 2 minor incidents

Turk likes this.
  8. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Let's see what @Minolin will do with CP servers. But scheduled and shorter races will not come. Maybe fix times of practice starts. If it will still only be allowed to join the server during practice, it still will be nothing for me. Too long time for the next possibility to join the server for the next race if you missed the practice and too long boring practice and qualy if you didn't miss...
    Allow drivers to join server during qualy would be highly appreceated by me.

chksix and kiril_r like this.
  9. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

I'm not asking because I want to farm,I'm asking cause I am slower than the 93 AI in most circuits and I want to know if I'm missing out a little of trust :p

10. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

I do not agree. I drive as anybody else the typical 12 to 20 minutes races and can easily maintain a mid 70s SA.

11. Si.

Si. Simracer

If you’re knocked off at T1, you’ll still spend most of the race on your own. Also from my experience, unless it’s an organised race you’ll have very little of the field left after 60 mins.

For me a few small things could make a big difference, improve the race start procedure, introduce some sort of procedure/penalty for yellow flags, make it worthwhile to complete a race when there’s a sizeable gap to other racers and put shorter races on the CP server during the week with longer ones at the weekend.

chksix and XettMan like this.
  12. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

My exact thoughts!

13. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

When will we see in MP/practic/Hotlap the possibility to choose endurance kit and without lamps?
    Some cars have this feature, others don't. I do not understand the possibility of such a selection. :confused:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  14. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

That's a shame.
    I cam only really get on for an hour or so a week.
    Even less if my back is playing up.
    In that time I like to do a bit of hot lapping, a bit of practicing and qualifying and then a race.
    Knowing a 20 minute race isn't enough to raise my SA is disappointing, especially knowing its more than enough to lose a load of it at the hands of other players.
    Still, i'm sure it adds up, so 2x 20 minute races will still be the same as a 40 minute race I am sure.

15. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I'm not sure if it is you know... If I do longer race, I tend to get a longer green bar in my SA stats for that race. I often pick up a few OBWP in both long and short races, but no more than that. It seems that the longer the race, the more opportunity to pick up trust.
    Imagine that over 50 races... that's 50 nice long green bars compared to 50 quite short ones for shorter races in the SA stats, and the red bars aren't really getting any larger.

In other words, I don't believe that the ratio of OBWP/trust is a given for you. You should try and do some longer stints and see what happens in the long term.

EDIT: Sweeping generalisation incoming: In fact, I'd go so far as to wager that those who write 'my SA is always very high, never below 90' are tending to do longer races than those like yourself who find the rating a frustration.

16. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I'd completely agree with this..... when I did the thread "<50 Rated server challenge", one of the conclusions I drew was that it's harder to build SA in shorter races. Obvious really but if you do 12-15 minute races you are spending a greater proportion of your racing time in the opening couple of laps "OBWP danger zone" when your more likely to be involved in contact, and once the race is settled down, you're in a group of cars around your pace who you can battle against, the race is over before you've had a chance to build much trust (and of course peoples behaviour in short races tends to be more impatient leading to high risk of contacts).

ignission, romandevision and tjr like this.
  17. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Factually, there is nothing different between longer or shorter races. You can maintain the same Trust/OBWP ratios in both scenarios.
    However I do see two concidences: One is that shorter races have a higher race start ratio, which is probably where the most OBWPs are collected (though also the highest trust is generated).
    But more important, drivers who actually do longer races may also have the better consistency, and just manage to stick opponents better and longer.

18. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Good points.

If I do shorter races then the chances of me 'racing' against other people is increased because its usually the first few laps where you are fighting for position and the last few laps where you have found it and are just hotlapping playing catch up or trying to stop the car behind gaining on you.

So 'potentially', a 25 minute race might be 10 mins or 3-4 laps (probably even less) with other cars, the final 10-20 minutes is just hotlapping.
    A 60 minute race might be 1o mins with other cars and 45-50 hotlapping.
    So shorter races could yield better results in regards to SA as you are spending more time with other cars.

If, on the other hand, you are nose to tail the whole race, both 25 minute and 60 minutes races will have no difference.

19. Si.

Si. Simracer

I think the best races for SA are probably those with a pit stop where it’s more likely to bunch people together again.

20. Turk

Turk Alien

IMO The main reason short races are more dangerous is because everyone's trying to win the race on the first lap. In a long race you don't have to go all out on the first lap, you can take more time to study the situation. It's all down to how people behave.

Thug likes this.