1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Any one knows something about the International GT DLC? It has been a while since first announcement.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    Echo_29 likes this.
  2. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Just added to the Steam db DLC.
    AC DLC were, usually, released the month after being added to the db, so, grossing speculating, if traditions are still as they were... (I wish:D )
    Yet, in this case, however, I think the tradition is not going to be followed.
    In AC never more than 1 track was included in DLC, but in IGTC there will be 4 new tracks. In the past Kunos was very clear to say that a new track takes much longer to do than a car, so, although it would be a nice Christmas gift (to me, at least :D), I'm not expecting a short release.

3. Turk

Turk Alien

It looks like it won't be this side of Christmas but it sounds like it's close, so maybe early new year.

4. Thank you so much for the info Luis Branco

5. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

In any case it will be announced when a release date is set, so until then all is said is only in the realm of pure speculation.
    I don’t have a doubt that Kunos is also very enthusiastic to have it released as soon as possible.

6. The main problem in your "special case" is the just lack of time. This kind of rating system needs time like any other "grind and level"up systems in games.
    And luck.
    In your case a lot more luck because you can do just one race per week where others can race much more often.
    If the race you're joining in one time per week give no possibilties for nice and clean fights there is nothing to gain for you SA related. The worst case for you: bad luck (OBWP).

That's not true.
    That's true.

Piret2000 likes this.
  7. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

mh not really, time is not a factor except for the very first km where you build your initial SA (but that is hyper-quick)

8. Maybe you got me wrong.
    Let's look at two players with the same skill level (driving, speed, awareness, racing intelligenge etc)

Player 1: one race per week

Player 2: twenty races per week

Which of the two players will get more opportunities to gain SA?

Piret2000 likes this.
  9. Si.

Si. Simracer

The start procedure instantly puts everyone on the back foot, places being swapped, some cars able to pull away quicker than others (especially P1), single file, double file, 3 abreast, some hitting limiter at just the wrong time, pretty chaotic which means it no surprise it often goes wrong at T1 as those that have been dropped back try to make up the gap, too many going in side by side etc. Why not on public servers just have an automatically controlled rolling start, light countdown and then go? At least initial speed, placing and gap would be uniform.

10. NO o_O

m_box97 likes this.
  11. azzah

azzah Simracer

I'll turn the question around:
    Which of the two players will get more opportunities to gain OBWPs?

12. Minolin

Neither. Once your history is full, new laps you push in make old(est) laps fade/drop out. Ofc. player 2 has twice the oppertunity to gain, but also twice the oppertunity to lose SA.
    All I see is that Player 2 has a faster throughput / week, but the Rating itself is only about the ratios - and both have the same.

After_Midnight likes this.
  13. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

As long as that SA graph is filled left to right it doesn't matter how often a person races, they'll have an accurate SA rating.

However, someone racing 1 race a week isn't gonna have their skills honed as sharply as some racing multiple times a week. This isn't a game fault and is completely fair. The game can't look at a player and think to itself "this player is 65 SA skill level, but because they can only play once a week let's increase their SA to 80 so they feel better about themself".

Practise makes perfect. A violinist practicing once a week is gonna be rusty. A person having sex once every six months ain't gonna be particularly good at it, but they still want to be told they were :rolleyes:

Piret2000 and chksix like this.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

ACC - 650 hrs
    Sex - 26 min

15. Minolin

wait until you're married

GRFOCO, ignission, Thug and 2 others like this.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I have 7 month old daughter.. lucky to get 26 min..

17. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Emmmm.... Its emmm..... :eek:

Piret2000 likes this.
  18. Minolin

was talking about simracing hours :cool:

19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

haha ops.. I'm as good as married and no issues with seat time here. My partner is understanding and stress free. If you let them some girls just like to dominate and whinge for no good reason. If you do something you enjoy and it makes you happy then the atmosphere is more positive. Take that away may only lead to grumpiness..

20. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Yeah but some will get jealous and try to stop you enjoying it. You'll have to endure watching boring series instead of racing ;)