1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Spa *BigGrid* race event / stress test

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MrGit@Twitch, Nov 6, 2019.

1. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

hi Mino.
    For what you know, for low specs pc, is better to have more ram or better cpu?

I mean, taking i5 2500 + 8gb ddr3 ram as example.
    What is better for a significant upgrade?
    An i5 4690 (or about)? Or 16gb ram?

2. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

I hear the weather in Barcelona is good this time of year ;)

Chriss likes this.
  3. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Ok, survey results are in!

Our usual Wednesday BigGrid race will be brought forward to TOMORROW (Sunday), password/start time is as normal.

The two servers will be set with different SA levels, server one will have a minimum SA of 80 and server two will be set to SA50 as previously.

As you all saw, we have a new bunch of tracks enabled for BigGrid races and we'll be racing on one of those tomorrow and it's...

Hungaroring!

See ya on track and please pass the word around about the changes.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  4. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

5. MrGit@Twitch

Trabant GT3 confirmed? :D

Also everyone, don't forget the weekly ACC BigGrid race starts tonight in 30 minutes time as it's been brought forward because of Xmas.

Start time+pw all the same as usual though. :)

6. Asterix

Asterix Gamer

Servers seem to be playing up.

7. MrGit@Twitch

Yea, i missed the posted updated server exe , once i reset both servers with it all looked good.

Twitch VOD: http://www.twitch.tv/mrgit/v/525017336?sr=a

Here's the results of both races tonight......

Server one: https://simresults.net/191222-5lc

Server two: https://simresults.net/191222-qA4

Will have a comment about next weeks race tomorrow, but off to bed now, hopefully everyone who took part had fun tho, i know @pankykapus did. ;)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    Asterix, baboon, MABR and 1 other person like this.
  8. Asterix

Asterix Gamer

From a punters perpesctive, it ran without a single issue. I had high FPS all the way through, can't recall any stuttering other than the usual for people coming or going. The less said about the actual race, the better. Up to 7th before the stops then it went tits up :( all my own doing so work to be done.

Thanks for organising, great job. Thanks to the dev team too, latest update is working well.

I did ask for the discord details a number of times but probably didn't get seen.

Really pleased this and the next are Sunday races as I can't make Wednesdays :p

Thanks again.

9. hopson

hopson Rookie

Hi @MrGit@Twitch
    Your serveur is a serveur location or serveur.exe in your personal connexion. ?

10. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

It was great, the SA split was a good call, even if it meant a bit fewer participants. Multiple 3 wides into T1 without trouble, it was impressive!

Guido Trampe, Asterix and Micii1 like this.
  11. Looks like the Trabbis are stucking in the start limiter the whole race :p Or they're running at two cylinder only :D

12. MrGit@Twitch

Hi, my dedicated server is based in France and runs on a gigabit network. :)

13. MrGit@Twitch

Good evening everyone, i hope you all didn't overdose on the turkey yesterday!

Just to make sure everyone knows in advance, we will be hosting the next BigGrid event this coming Sunday due to the usual day being New Years Day and who wants to race with a hangover 'eh. :D

Also, a quick message about the SA for the servers....now, the 80/50 split was set mainly due to the...shall we say *incorrect* staring procedure at the 82 driver Spa race and the multiple restarts.
    Now, my intention wasn't to split the community, but i needed to show that irresponsible driving doesn't go unnoticed and it has no place on my servers!

But, i also saw the numbers in server one were lower that previous, so with that in mind i shall be setting the server one SA level to 60 for this coming race, BUT if we have to endure restarts like at Spa then the following BigGrid event will be increased by 5 to SA65 and so on till we reach a level where respect between drivers is how it should be.

Hopefully, i won't have any further need to raise the SA, but that decision now rests in your hands....and because of server one being SA60, Server two will be lowered by 10 to SA40 to compensate.

Anyway, enough of that, here's the YT export of the mega Spa BigGrid event to watch over while you eat the last remaining mince pies. :D

I'll see you all this Sunday at....SILVERSTONE!

14. MrGit@Twitch

Afternoon all!

Just a reminder that the usual Wednesday BigGrid race is tonight instead with it falling on new years day.

Start time and pw as usual, also please note the post above and how any future SA adjustments will be defined by yourselves.

See ya all on track!

eRacer212 and GoBo like this.
  15. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Will there be another BigGrid race on wednesday? Any info on race duration and track?

16. MrGit@Twitch

You beat me to it, was intending to update everyone after work, as in now. ;)

Right a few things i need to address....

Last event was SA60, but to be quite honest, even after saying that it was down to observed driving standards to if this SA level stayed, i still saw unnecessary incidents happening.
    So, as i warned previously, server one tomorrow will now run with SA70 and server two with SA40 still (but i still expect if your in two that decent driving standards to be practised).

Everything else is as usual, start time/pw ect though...and the track for tomorrow is Barceona!

.....oh, quick note for next week.

Server will go live 30 minutes earlier than usual @ 7:30pm GMT and it will be a 90 minute race and a free reign with pitstops, so it's up to the driver to decide as and when to change tires and/or refuel.

Track is TBC, so check back later in the week. :)

seb 6th gear, Jack Bancroft and rycil like this.
  17. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Will the race be streamed again? If so where can we find the stream?

Really looking forward to the race tonight. Thanks for organizing

18. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

19. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

20. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Really enjoyed it. Finished... now I have to pick up some speed