1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Until now we don't know, how good this GT2 class will do. The Spa edition was not sooo interesting imo.

GT4 is a serious competitive class and is likely more usable for multi class, because they can be overtaken easier on the straights compared to the 700bhp low aero gt2 cars. The super trofeos got a big power penalty to race at spa if I remember correctly.

2. Si.

Si. Simracer

GT4 would fit very well into ACC, I probably enjoy racing that class most but I’m more than happy with ACC as it is now as I still have so much to master. I would love to see some more classic British Tracks (Snetterton, Oulton, Donnington) so I’d pay many £s :) for the British GT dlc.

warth0g, Echo_29, TheBoss and 2 others like this.
  3. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

My prediction:
    1. ICGT DLC
    2. GT World Challenge Asia (since Suzuka is already in ICGT, only Sepang, Chang, Fuji and Shanghai to add)
    3. GT World Challenge America
    4. GT4 DLC

warth0g, F1Aussie and henkjansmits like this.
  4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Iirc Stefano did say Oulton was his favourite track... Its a shame British GT gives Knockhill and Thruxton the swerve now, although I can understand the reasons why. Kunos Oulton would be a beautiful thing...

Oulton, Snetterton and Donny have so much historic character though, the Asian SRO series has too many FIA grade 1 Tilkedromes. The US series is worthy though, even COTA is probably one of Tilke's best efforts.

5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Sepang is actually a very cool track, good combo of long straights and twisty technical bits. Have been there myself and it’s awesome for spectators as you can see at least half of it from most points.

very underrepresented in sim racing

6. infact sepang would awesome.
    I really hope they can sell copies for years. this all so good

Ale Robles and SellerieMitDip like this.
  7. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I’d like to see the American tracks before the Asian ones personally. But adding GT4s as a whole new class would be amazing, so having those next would be amazing. Folklore seems to indicate that it’s easier and cheaper to do cars rather than tracks (I honestly don’t know if that’s true) so perhaps that’s next?

The GT4s in Raceroom have been a hit so can you imagine how great they’d be in ACC?

JanR, TheBoss, Si. and 1 other person like this.
  8. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

+1

Nev Roberts likes this.
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

GT4s would be great.

Kunos have said previously that licensing cars was much cheaper than tracks, famous tracks being prohibitively expensive. However having a real world series licence must help potentially as there can be clauses written into the agreement regarding “digital use” of the venue if the race is recreated electronically. Indycar’s recent contract with Laguna Seca is available to view online, it makes quite an interesting read if you like that sort of thing. There’s a clause in there allowing “digital use”.

TheBoss likes this.
  10. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

Having just participated in the iRacing Daytona 24, I have to say: if ACC adds easy & intuitive driver swaps and GT4 it will be the #1 endurance sim in no time.

Being accustomed to ACC I constantly found myself looking for the weather forecast, even though iRacing has no weather system... Dynamic weather in an endurance race is a whole different ball game where you constantly have to keep an eye on pressures, tyre types and setup changes.

11. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  12. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

13. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  14. Pier84

Pier84 Simracer

Maybe but I think it is too much ... acc will be supported for 2020 then it is unknown, bringing out 3 more DLC is a lot of work, without considering that the GT4 are all cars to do, they are not just liveries.
    Surely there will be a second DLC, but then I think there will be nothing else.
    For the rest I hope it is as you say :rolleyes:

15. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Maciej Malinowski and m_box97 like this.
  16. It seems I've had a similar issue at the weekend. Setup wise. I've done a lot of tests with the new Audi R8 LMS Evo. The setup is based at the aggressive. So all my changes are done in the latest version of ACC. Was happy about doing 2.18.5 lap times.
    One day later I loaded up my setup and the Audi felt just completely wrong. Under very similar track conditions. The behaviour at Eau Rouge was just wierd and it was not even possible to go turn 18 (the one after Blanchimont) full throttle. Laptimes now 1.22 - 1.23.
    I tried to save the setup under an other name, restart PC and ACC but without any success. I've to redo all my changes again (at least which I remember) to get a similar feeling back that I had one day before.

17. Pier84

Pier84 Simracer

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    After_Midnight likes this.
  19. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I've had similar problems with setups, but, in my case, it's the driver's bug :D.
    Usually my remedy is to turn off the PC, remove the driver from the wheel and wait a couple of days before turn it back on again.

Roy_33 likes this.