1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Gevatter

It's a matter of messing with some graphics settings. Just try on your personnal hardware by reducing some graphics or reducing resolution scale to 80/90.
    You can gain some fps if you accept lower graphics quality.

2. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I already tried some things and I'm afraid its a CPU bottleneck. I'd just be interested how other peoples systems cope with that specific scenario and what their settings are.

3. Stains

Stains Simracer

I'll have a try tonight.
    I need to know if more cores are needed really or it's just a limitation on UE4 because 7700k at 5GHz is the same ish as 9900k at 5GHz and from what I gather ACC needs 3 to 4 cores!

4. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I'm not sure about needs specifically but ACC uses SIX of my cores on my 3700X. I would imagine that could make a difference between a 9900k and a 7700k for you.

5. Stains

Stains Simracer

Yes indeed that is a real test ! I had 60 before starting the car , after the field started moving it dropped to 55 and by the first corner it was 51 , but by the 5th corner (left) it was back to 60 but after the first lap it dropped to 51 again on first corner but back to 60 again by 5th corner .
    I have better performance at the new Bathurst than this Nurburgring.
    Here are my settings ;)

Attached Files:

Gevatter likes this.
  6. Stains

Stains Simracer

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  7. Stains

Stains Simracer

But for when im not racing at night and heavy rain im now using this Engine.ini and these settings and its a great 60 fps , all really thanks to that ini adjustment that i found today :)
    Also i only just realized we can save different graphics settings and just load them as needed :eek:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  8. Bender23

Bender23 Rookie

New here. Bought 2 days ago. Started game tonight BUT NO TRIPLES WITHOUT NVIDIA SURROUND!!!!???? Please tell me within these 71 pages there is a workaround?

9. Stains

Stains Simracer

I use surround without issue , im not sure why people dont want to use it ?? Why is that ?

10. Bender23

Bender23 Rookie

because a lot of software doesnt like it, among other things.

Using Helios Display Management utility as a workaround for now

11. domidomi

domidomi Gamer

I posted about it a few pages ago, but nobody responded. Still waiting. I found a workaround on AC1, by running windowed, and changing the resolution width in one of the json files, it worked. But when i do it in ACC, it overwrites the value on startup. It almost starts with all three monitors, but then when the main splash screen comes up it switches back to the main monitor.

Fingers crossed someone responds here.

12. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

upload_2020-2-12_7-44-15.png
    Unfortunately that is the case. So what else do you need to know?

Attached Files:

13. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

Strange cause that means your game switch back to Full Screen mode....

Try to launch ACC, switch to windowed mode in video options, select a regular resolution like 1920x1080, confirm, quit ACC, launch ACC again without modifying the json file and see if it's running in windowed mode correctly.

If yes then it's a wrong parameter you modified in your json file and what i would do is:

- Launch ACC in windowed mode in your native screen resolution (1920*1080 i guess)
    - Center your window in the middle screen (for X Y position in the json file)
    - Quit ACC
    - Modify your json file for the right resolution (5760*1080) (I saw some users putting 5759*1079 to avoid bugs some time. Keep that in mind if it still does not work after first tests)
    - Do not touch X Y window position
    - Save your file, cross your fingers and launch ACC :)

14. domidomi

domidomi Gamer

Thanks for the input, Rawmaster!

It keeps re-setting itself to 1920 x 1080.Windowed mode has always worked fine. The "useFullscreen" key always remains false, so i don't think it fullscreens itself. See pic:
    https://i.imgur.com/8riVNyy.png

This is what i do:
    1. Open menuSettings.json
    2. Change the resolution object inside the graphicOptions object (tried both 5760x1080 and 5759x1079 with the same result, but thanks for the suggestion anyway)
    3. Save and exit the file.
    4. Start game, and see that it goes back to single monitor.
    5. Reopen file and find the settings back to normal, as shown in the image above.
    6. Cry.

Please let me know if any of what i'm doing is wrong, i'd love nothing more than to find out i've been ****ing this up somehow.

15. raymondw

raymondw Rookie

16. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@domidomi

Is your 1920*1080 window in the center screen of your triple when it switch back to this resolution ?

Also worth a try with Triple screen parameter set to False, just for testing purpose.

17. domidomi

domidomi Gamer

Yeah, it would default to the center screen of my 3. All of this is moot thanks to @raymondw's suggestion, though!

Problem solved, and it's such a slick and simple solution!

18. Stains

Stains Simracer

What was the solution for future reference?

19. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Stains

I think he used SWRE software and play windowed mode.

20. mark beszant

mark beszant Gamer

2020-02-06 17.07.03.jpg

I've gone back to triple setup after 3 years of Rift VR... just for ACC...

I run on high setting, seems fine to me

boabmatic likes this.