1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Make Pro, Pro-AM, AM a Result of RC=x

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by PuppiesZ, May 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Well that´s the point of a competition where gentlemen drivers are allowed to join, right? ;) Not many sports let "ordinary" people to join the ranks of professional teams.

2. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

But silver is the lowest rank online, isn´t it?

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The ratings on cars in MP go Pro (platinum,gold), Silver(silver) and AM(AM). There is no Pro AM option unless changed recently.

4. It isn't drive time, you need to get a higher TO to get better driver ranks

5. That's how it works right now, TO takes into consideration all of the other ratings, and then you get different driver plates with higher TO

m_box97 likes this.
  6. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

It takes into consideration everything, including track medals, consistency and car control. It even takes into consideration competition rating.

And that was my point. Track medals should not influence anything. If you don't have them all you stay at Bronze.

CN and CC are very important, but if you have High SA and RC you should also have high CN and CC.

My point was that I should not be a Platinum driver, because I am simple too slow for that category. I should not even be Gold, and being generous I should be Silver.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  7. Yea, as I said, all of the ratings :D

8. matt_had

matt_had Gamer

This makes no sense. Should they influence the rating or not?!

What do you think is so important about being quick for the rating? Why does this matter when you're racing?

9. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I would think being fast matters for being considered a pro. Or do you know about any Gold or Platinum driver in real life that is slow?

10. matt_had

matt_had Gamer

I guess what you really want then is a rating that feeds into the tier system that is based on speed in race scenario rather than hot lapping/hot stinting.

I think this is the RaceCraft rating. I do agree it might be a bit too easy at the moment because mine is at 99 yet I'm 2.5seconds off the pace on the SRO AM leaderboards.

Also, I think of the tier as some useful information about a car when racing. I don't see it as some sort of leader board or achievement. I just want to know if the guy in front/behind is more likely to behave predictably or not.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    eracerhead likes this.
  11. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

Leaderboards in every sim on the market are full of extremely fast people who just can not drive a full race without leaving the track; they should absolutely not be granted Pro status.

12. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

On my personal server have to race alone with settings: SA90 and track medals 3.
    People join low rating servers anyway.
    Also,on servers like SA65 more less,even if u qualify first or second, 1 of 3 times u will get wrecked.
    IMO most important things should be CN CC and SA to be able to set on server,and being able to force qualify lap,if not to start from pits.
    Pace is not that important,fast guys will be fast and at front, and slow at back,if qualify it will not be an issue.

13. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Did you even bother reading my message? How can I be Platinum being 2-3 secs off pace in most tracks? Name me a Platinum driver who is 2-3 secs off pace in real life. Both in qualy and race.

OMG really, I don't think my point is that hard to understand!

14. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

The point you are missing is that class in game has nothing to do with speed, nor should it. You (and I) are Platinum not because we're fast (by admission, neither of us are) but we are Consistent, have good Pace, have a good Safety rating and Racecraft. That's what makes us both Pro class, and why people should feel safe contesting a position on track with either of us.

Ultimately, parallels between sim and real life fall down at some point. If there isn't 100% correlation in this area, it doesn't matter to me. The last thing I want to do (and Minolin would likely agree) is encourage people to drive balls-out without regard for safety on-track. Emphasizing and rewarding Pace over everything else would be contrary to this, and would lead to races I'd not care to join.

15. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Correct, just saying no matter your performance you are separated based on your occupation basically. However you can as an Amateur non-professional get bumped up if you're super fast. Madison Snow for example got bumped from Silver to Gold despite being a gentleman driver because he very handily won the IMSA GTD championship, and was able to be as fast or faster than his Pro teammate. But then in some cases they don't, David Heinemier Hanson for example who is super fast and has won GTE-AM at LeMans (again often as fast as his Pro co-driver) remains a Silver rated driver, I think because he doesn't compete full time.

Either way though as a minimum to be a bronze gentleman driver you need both professional training and someone to vouch for you. Thats not to say some real wankers don't get through, they do often, based on the size of their pocketbook.

Regarding the PRO and PRO-AM discussion PRO AM does exist, I don't know about in the game's system of marking the cars, however the endurance races have PRO-AM cup where the car has at least 1 Silver or Bronze Driver paired with 1 or more Gold or Platinum drivers.

The game would have a hard time with such speed rankings, especially because it has a single player element. The only way to be fair in game would be to do as it does now and base it on the in game rating systems. Otherwise they would need to basically maintain a worldwide database/leaderboard of all players and rank you compared to some arbitrary cutoff they decide based on the top percentage of laptimes in race pace. I mean sure its possible but sounds super complicated for something that doesn't really matter THAT much. I care a lot less in an online race if I'm running with someone who can lap the field than someone who won't hit me while they are doing it.

eracerhead and matt_had like this.