1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. marcos1988

marcos1988 Racer

Time to close this thread? :D I nearly ran out of popcorn...

Chris 576, mystek and Snoeipaard like this.
  2. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Lord Kunos' fault then I think. Although maybe someone else has been 'hotfixing' his code since he left.

mitchgixer6 and LATE4APEX like this.
  3. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Out of curiosity, what are examples for good AIs for you? I cama from Forza and PC2 and these sometimes weren't even able to realise, I was on the track, not to mention that the laws of physics didn't seem to apply to them.

4. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I do most of my racing online so don't have a broad range of experience , having said that I think it's pretty good but I don't like their ability to generate huge levels of grip when they get out of shape. Has anyone else tried out braking them into the final chicane on Spa with the skill and aggression turned up?

Snoeipaard likes this.
  5. lionbest

lionbest Racer

There was this philosophical question - if a car ai driven would have to ran over a child or two elderly people, and no way to avoid both, what would / should it do.

Now the question is slightly different: if an AI had to go onto grass or crash into you, which one would it choose.

mitchgixer6 likes this.
  6. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Yes I did, but the AI in question didn't have an impossible amount of grip. Infact the opposite was true if anything. Trying to prevent a takeover the AI at this occasion stepped on the gas mid corner and cut off the second turn of the chicane. By doing this it drove right over the big red sausage and lost control, taking me out in the process. And this was just at 90% aggression and 94% skill if I remember correctly. So not really turned up all the way.

After I had this happen, I turned down the aggression (to 85% I think) and all is well nowadays.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  7. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Yes that's exactly what I am talking about only I find they somehow retain control after running you off the road and getting out of shape on the sausage curb and then carry on.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  8. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Yes, after spinning, crashing into me and stubbornly pushing me off track for a few meters, it then drove off very quickly with the rest of them. I guess that's just how they roll :D

9. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

I use 70% aggression for AI because I want to get my precious SA up.
    When I am at SA 96+ I'll put them at 80% as I experimented with that and they were still fine.

10. Rabbitsensei

Rabbitsensei Racer

You can get such high SA with Ai races??? Damn that explaines why some people with high SA cant race.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  11. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Well I am currently at 89 SA.
    Don't see a reason why you won't get above that with AI.
    With the current SA ... and my skill level ... I don't see how I can gain SA in MP. And I consider myself especially careful and respectful driver.
    Especially lower SA servers and shorter races it's a constant wreckfest. You are happy when you get a clean race.
    And when Kunos will make other drivers SA visible while racing?

12. pdf3108

pdf3108 Rookie

tbh, i have rating disabled at AI races with the advantage that my son can race without too much hassle. Secondly, i think my SA is of more 'value', gaining it online.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  13. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Good luck to all the "purists" there ... haha.

14. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Lol. But it accually is very doable. I also have the offline ratings disabled. I feel there's no point in having a false 95% plus SA if it's farmed offline. Seems meaningless. There also aren't any MP servers where you would need this.

There's enough servers with a 75 or 80 minimum SA requirement, on which you can get a decent racing experience. And if a driver can't keep their SA above that without harvesting offline, they probably shouldn't be racing on these servers either.

But that just my opinion ofcourse. And I'm getting a little off topic. My apologies for that.

15. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Then explain how you can recover from this - 10 races - 14 hits - 2, maximum 3 were my fault, I can be honest with my replays and analysis, I was race control for a online racing league for 3-4 years.
    I am surprised my SA didn't plummeted even more but I guess that is because I was able to recover some of that during the race.
    Farming SA is not a silver bullet. But having higher SA could potentially bring better=cleaner racing.

And I put my skill into the mix here. I am far from an alien and because of that I can defend excellent, simply because most of the time I have to defend from faster drivers.
    If an opponent forces me into a mistake I would CONCEDE the position on my own.
    But because people don't know that, what happens in reality is this - the slightly faster driver will run out of patience after a lap or two, dive-bombs me or simply pushes me off the track.
    Is this me lacking skill/respect or the other guy?
    10 races -7-8 SA NOT because I was at fault (because I was able to recover some SA even with a broken car).

So yeah, I prefer to have some SA to play with because of OTHERS actions as to have a chance of a more fair racing.
    I don't have a problem racing for 5-6-7-8 place if it's fun and fair play.

So yeah, I think this is a valid perspective as the reason to farm some SA offline.

16. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Yeah, I agree that is a valid reason to get it back up by farming offline. When I started playing ACC a little over a month ago, I farmed SA offline as well. I did not want to drive against idiots. That was also one of the main reasons to get into ACC.

But I feel there is a big difference between getting it up to your level, because you don't want to race idiots and/or getting your SA up to way above your skill level and being the idiot yourself.

17. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

How defending myself fair from faster drivers would be "being the idiot"? SA is NOT only about skill level at all. It's also about respect, self-control and caution. In that order. That is why, if I manage to avoid the carnage and get ahead am in a position to defend at the 1st place. Because faster (better SA drivers??? :) ) were impatient/unlucky/arrogant and felt behind me - the slower driver. How does that make one "being the idiot"?

18. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

To be fair , surely you have to have some level of skill/car control to build SA?

Snoeipaard likes this.
  19. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

But you must agree also that you need to also have some respect to admit when you are wrong, right? Otherwise it will be destruction derby.

20. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Yes that's true, the other thing I wanted to say was although I have no doubt there are careful slower drivers out there.
    There are also a lot of hotheads who are hell bent on making as many positions at the start of a race regardless of the damage they cause to others. This is especially annoying in longer races when ultimately pace and consistency is what decides the positions and carrying damage is a race killer.

tjr and Snoeipaard like this.