1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. mystek

mystek Racer

No accident but was close. Whos fault on situation if I would hit Aston because of this white McLaren? Really scary from my point of view, this is camera what I play.

2. Turk

Turk Alien

White McLaren looked like it was stopped but at that position it probably wouldn't have been going all that fast anyway. He was probably letting you guys through. If he was stopped maybe it could be considered he's fault.

I think if an accident did happen it would probably have been your fault because you were the one trying to gain from the situation. I guess the lesson here is to have a peak before you go for the overtake at Monza T1 because of that pit exit. When I say it would have been your fault, I don't mean that you did anything wrong as such but you would have been the cause of the accident and could have seen it coming.

3. upload_2020-5-28_16-55-55.png
    Long time reader, first time posting here.
    Would be your fault as there was a yellow flag -> no overtaking allowed (and no one did lift btw...)

4. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Yep. With the yellow flags, the least you could do is to get out of slipstream for a bit to seethe situation in front of you.
    For me, it would be your fault, even if the Mac was doing something unpredictable.

5. Because racing against the AI is not even close to racing against real people. It will teach you a wrong behaviour.
    And the SA rating is only relevant for online multiplayer.

Snoeipaard and m_box97 like this.
  6. mystek

mystek Racer

Yep I heard yellow flag alert but usually it is really early so I expect something on chicane as in 99% situations actually, so simple calculated: there is crash on chicane, so I dont care about straight, I'll brake as normal and eventually overslow car to avoid contact in chicane. Completely didnt expect car stayed there. I think he was there long time, not stopped when he saw us to let us go(yellow flag alert was around start/meta line). I know simple rule - start brake little bit earlier after slipstream to not overshoot corner :). A loooot of people forget about it.

7. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

@f1webberfan, just to be clear. I did not by any means, ment to imply you are an idiot driver. I obviously wouldn't know about that. It was meant as a general statement. Sorry if I offended you.

I just think that in general, if you farm your SA offline to a rating way above what it online (and thus really) is, and you then join servers with a SA requirement much higher than yours really is, chances are you become a nuisance to the drivers on that server, that specifically got on that server because of the high SA requirement.

This is ofcourse also why there are different categories and classes in real life racing.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    After_Midnight likes this.
  8. GONKO

GONKO Racer

So just off an online race which was a bit of a mess, got tangled up in a small incident at the start of the race, raced on with a damaged car....and then a racer decides to absolutely plough me and another car off the track.
    Ignas Rudis I believe the name is, video attached, cheating like this to pass cars.
    This guy should be banned....disgusting behaviour. We don't want cheaters like this in the game.

9. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

This is what you get wrong ... and right. IMHO.
    SA doesn't refer only to how fast you can be. ;) Yes, you will recover it more quickly if you are a faster driver, but that is it. It's about racecraft. And in my experience - that has nothing to do with speed - it helps but it is not the main thing.
    For you I am nuisance to the faster drivers. Then get AROUND me, not through me. If you can't do it cleanly, if I defend cleanly, then why should I take penalty because of your actions?

This game has 1 category - GT3, basically. Saying that higher SA brings another "category" to the game is quite frankly - nonsense.
    You are faster in Spa, I am faster on Barcelona, for example.
    Does that make any difference?

10. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

I don't really get why you are getting so personal. I'm not saying you are a nuisance. My comments are not in anyway intended for you personally. I'm also perfectly fine with you disagreeing with me.

But I do think you are wrong about the rating system. In general having a higher SA (when not farmed offline) does equal a higher skill level.

11. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

12. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

I don't seem to get your point? My gripe is that people are generally unresponsible to others, therefore I have to make sure I don't suffer a lot , metrics side.

13. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Winston likes this.
  14. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Where exactly I did tell otherwise?
    Your point was that, at this point thinking you missed my point completely, that if you get lower SA you deserve it and you are not a worthy racer.
    But OK.
    We agree to disagree.

15. Arcording to the name and sense of the thread "Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents" your post is again meaningless.
    This is not the right place for blaming and name calling.

And now I don't get your point. o_O

Vítor Sousa and Snoeipaard like this.
  16. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

My point was that it's not that anti-elitist to get some SA up by doing an offline races, because some ... driver ... drove you off the track 10 races in a row!

17. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

I don't believe I have mentioned anything like that. You seem to be making this up as you go.

Did you read the threads @Winston just shared already? If you have to harvest SA offline, because you got crashed into every single race for 10 races in a row, than this one is for you ;)

IMG_20200528_192118.jpg

chksix and After_Midnight like this.
  18. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

That is all good and fine. But if I am hit like that, All this "advise" is going out of the window.:

Maybe now you understand why some SA farming is needed. Just hoping with more SA to get safer racing.

19. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

That has never happened to me on ACC. Are you saying this sort of crash happened to you 10 races in a row on high ranked servers? I'm sorry, but that doesn't seem plausible to me.

I never said a little farming isn't okay. Again you seem to be making things up as you go.

AndyK70 and Vítor Sousa like this.
  20. GONKO

GONKO Racer

This proves that some farming is needed. I'm new to ACC, maybe a month or so, and have sa of 48. I spent the first weeks racing ai and moved online the past 2 weeks or so. But yeah, farming seems to be needed to avoid this sort of crap.