1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thanks midnight.. Strange, a friend of mine in Australia has the same issue. Very slow and timeouts however only when you are logged in. As a guest there are no issues.. I currently have no global ping issues, network issues and have tested multiple devices and browsers..

After_Midnight likes this.
  2. Turk

Turk Alien

I had some weird behaviour in ACC today. When I went to into the muiltiplayer it said my CP rating was 23. However when I was playing yesterday it said it was 0. It had been 23 before I had a bit of a break and I thought the rating went down if you weren't racing for a while. Does it just come back to were it was if you do a race again?

It also said I was playing two hours ago, which I wasn't. I changed my steam password and checked the clock setting in windows was correct but no issues there. I guessing it's just that ACC got the times mixed up, server side issue maybe?

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

just a guess.. maybe something to do with the authentication server..

Turk likes this.
  4. Spenceryin85527

Spenceryin85527 Simracer

Quick question, does ARB setting at 0 = softest setting or fully disconnected ?

5. Softest

6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Anyone understand the logic in the BMW GT4's gearing? seems strange that they would make a 7 speed box where you use only 4/5 on track, even at Paul Ricard you might get into 6th if you shift abit earlier.

7. azzah

azzah Simracer

The reasoning behind the gear ratios is most probably to keep engine revs to a reasonable level while cruising on the Autobahn.
    The M4 was not built for Paul Ricard.

After_Midnight likes this.
  8. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

The logic is that it is the road cars gearbox. You want lower revs there but can still reach 280kph.

Mogster and eracerhead like this.
  9. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

And that's a good thing. My e46 320i does 6000 rpm at 200km/h in 5th gear and does not feature a longer 6th gear. Top speed is limited by the engine rev limiter.

AndyK70 and grandepunto like this.
  10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

My Z28 had a six speed stick, the top gear was for highway cruising, 5th would obtain the highest top speed.

Much like overdrive, way back.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    AndyK70 likes this.
  11. dek

dek Racer

Just like those 4+E drivetrains VW and Audi used in the 80ies.:cool:

LATE4APEX likes this.
  12. Unf

Unf Racer

I was looking for make a poll instead of thread, but it seems to be no option to create poll on this board... ^^
    Anyway!

I found out that what makes me happy playing ACC is not a winning a race or at least battle for 1-3.
    What is most enjoyable - it's just clean fightning. No matter for which position.

I use to not participate on Qualifying, start from behind and enjoy a fight each other instead of starting at the front.

Do you feel the same? :)

Freddie Seng, Pekka, AndyK70 and 2 others like this.
  13. Oxie

Oxie Racer

Starting from the back doesn't result in much clean fighting for me at all, usually. It's just avoiding the carnage ahead. People in ACC can't keep their car between the white lines – especially at the end of the field – so you rarely get to even attempt a move on someone before they just spin themselves out and you cruise past.

Taking a part in quali usually results in a better race for me, assuming I survive lap 1.

14. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

So that would mean it would still has some roll stiffness, not "0".

15. Nebulozny

Nebulozny Racer

Depends on the manufacturer, my Audi 3.2 has a very stupid and short auto range...it's like in 5th gear when I'm driving 60kmh. But then it's at 3000 rpm when you are at 130 kmh which is very fuel thirsty. Transmission logic is to keep it under 2000 rpm all the times in the non sport mode...but then it would need 7-8 gears to properly cruise on highways at let's say below 2000 rpm range.

I also drove Nisan Altima, it's CVT of course, but it was at 1500 rpm while driving 140 kmh, 2.5l engine that had 1000km cruise range on one tank, it was crazy felt like a diesel car almost in terms of consumption.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  16. zero in what?

17. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Zero in designation only, not zero in actual roll stiffness.

18. Turk

Turk Alien

I've found that too, I'm not the fastest driver but I can be consistent and my mistakes are minor enough (loosing 0.5 of a second rather than going all the way off track and losing seconds).

I had my best race so far on Sunday at kyalami, 60 minutes, no pit stops. Qualified 13th, made it through T1, there was pressure from behind, he could do a faster lap than me but whenever he got within 2 seconds something happened and he ended up back at 6 seconds, I'm not sure if there was something else to that. I was keeping pace with the guy in front, we were very similar on pace but he did enough. I think I got two genuine over takes, started to catch the back markers and was able to make a big gap to the cars behind me. Caught someone limping home in the final 5 minutes. Ended 8th, but it felt like a real achievement I was extremely happy with my performance. I really enjoyed the race, even the back markers had good pace.

19. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

zero roll stiffness would be equal to no rollbar at all, right?
    So I think that 0 is the lowest stiffness you can get still having the rollbar mounted. Maybe wrong.

20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Agreed, I would think that if there is a roll bar in place on the car, there would have to be "some" roll stiffness.

I have no idea what a GT3/4 anti-roll bar looks like, but from my racing days, some are adjustable, with out any need to actually change them, so a lot of variables here.

But the original question, does the "0" setting mean no roll bar is fitted, or just the lowest stiffness?

Any way we look at it, who cares, you can't go less "0" in setup anyway.

AndyK70 likes this.