1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

The problem is, that most user can't participate in your discussion. That is why there are dedicated threads (even a whole subforum) for these special issues.

AndyK70, sissydriver and sps_for_race like this.
  2. Turk

Turk Alien

I didn't go into stream VR and change any settings. I just loaded up ACC, hit low VR and hoped into a practice session, that went well so I went to a AI race, 19 opponents, in car I had no issues.. Even at lower settings making it a bit more pixelated, it's still better than it was on the rift CV1. So even on my 2070 I gained from the purchase. If I really wanted to I could probably set it up so it's about the same experience as the rift CV1. I have more options now.

Bottom line is I wasn't expecting much, so I'm very happy its usable. I think once I get the 3080 into the mix I'll be able to get a very good picture out of the headset. I'm willing to make graphical sacrifices to get 90fps at native resolution. The picture clarity is just incredible, but again, I'm upgrading from a headset that possibly has the worst picture of any headset, its easy to please me.

dek and elchshooter like this.
  3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Somehow, some people don't want to understand - for months, various Kunos developers have been saying that no special VR optimisation is possible. If it is, then it will be optimised as a whole. And that they are trying everything they can.
    When I read posts like this .... I am at a loss for words. :(

4. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

oh come on, you don't need to defend kunos. it is overall the best consumer sim out there, i agree. the point is not, that i "talk about vr", the point is that vr performance(!)( it doesn't "look bad", it even does look great maxed out, but you have to dial it down for a fluid experience, until it looks mediocre) is a weakness, and you don't want to hear this. i got it. im sorry, i pointed at the raisins in your cake. and sorry, if i had seen the vr general discussion-forum before, i posted it there. as i said i just had my first session for a long time and didn't look. nonetheless i still don't get, why in this forum always someone is waiting with his knive between the teeth to find someone to attack, who is not in their "elitarian circle" and dares to criticise sth....

5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

^
    ,... "but this is with all given respect - a joke"

AndyK70, sps_for_race and sissydriver like this.
  6. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

How is it a joke tho? Performance issues have always been a part of this game, no matter if it's VR, single screen or especially triple screens. Why do you think people keep on asking about things like these?
    Not everyone is aware what Aris talks about in streams btw and not everyone is deeply involved in these forums. Can't expect everyone to browse dozens of threads and hope for finding an answer. Besides, isn't that what this thread is for? It's the GENERIC discussion thread afterall.

devil in me likes this.
  7. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

8. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

You missed the purpose of my post,... I just repeated another members "comment" about ACC VR.

Besides, there is a section called, surprisingly,... ACC VIRTUAL REALTY,... you can't miss it,... IF you look.

9. The 2021 version of this threat is of to a great start! :)

pdf3108 likes this.
  10. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

No, I didn't miss the purpose of your post. His post where he mentioned the bad performance being a joke is nowhere near the same as you replying to him that his issues are a joke - done by copying what he said.

Besides, he's already apologized for not using the correct thread. This being a GENERIC discussion thread makes it totally relevant to post it in here, even though there's more appropriate threads for the discussion.

elchshooter likes this.
  11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Is it Easter yet..?

12. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I did NOT insinuate that his issues are a joke, get a better translator.

And, so stating that ACC VR's performance,... "is a joke", makes a post somehow relevant, in ANY thread ?

What a joke,... done on this.

sissydriver, AndyK70 and sps_for_race like this.
  13. Dezember6th

Dezember6th Gamer

could we return to the most important 2021 question in the moment: Any hint / idea from the Gods of Development when we might see additional Brexit Tracks in ACC? Perhaps someone might be so kind to accidentally drop a month?

Guidofoc, LukFry and FloSimRace like this.
  14. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

British tracks pfff, aka Nordschleife for poor ppl:p
    ( I absolutely love those British tracks and I can’t wait for them, just be patient guys :))

15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

sps_for_race likes this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Good on them for being bold and trying something new.. Good news for Kunos too..

I have to wonder how they will police cheating..

18. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Interesting to see, what this will bring to Sim development both hard- and softwarewise, when teams invest.
    I'm thinking of race engineer functionality, to manage strategies or keep track of telemetry, for example.

19. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I hope Kunos devs get the covid vaccine soon so they can go and laserscan more tracks :p

chksix likes this.
  20. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

I hope that this can bring some more love to the ACC's multy side in the future development.