1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Not sure if this is serious? I put in 0.12 exactly and it's working for me.

EDIT: Never mind, I see the game changed it to 0.11999999731779099. Genuinely curious to know why the odd number thing is the case.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    LATE4APEX likes this.
  2. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

3. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

due to the internal binary representation of floating point numbers it is not possible to have an exact value of 1.2 in memory.
    The display of 1.2 is an approximation.
    Example with the python interpreter:

When printing out variable a the interpreter displays the "wanted" value which is the approximation of the internal floating point value.
    When i force to display digits after the period it prints out the actual internal value up to the defined amount of digits I request.
    As you can see, there are not many simple decimal values which can be stored in memory as typed:
    upload_2021-2-12_21-52-0.png

Depending which math library is used to approximate the given value and if using a single float variable or a double float variable the internal stored value may differ. Python uses double float, Kunos seems to use single float and I strongly assume they don't use the same math library as the python interpreter.
    That's why my example of 1.2 does not match ACC's value 100%.

PS: a nice documentation is https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/floatingpoint.html

4. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Nice info, thanks, genuinely never knew that. I assume C# takes care of that for me since I've never had to worry about things like that, although I do remember having to Math.Round when I was doing coding in VB for a short while a few years ago after doing division, so I assume it was related to the same issue.

AndyK70 likes this.
  5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Yep, to make sure VR is "crippled in ACC", Kunos decided to use "so many decimal places",... :rolleyes:

Has nothing to do with how code is written.

AndyK70 likes this.
  6. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

I still see US CP server from Melbourne... is there another one?

Edit: last night I got US, now I get SA. Wow thank you! Does this denote South Australia, South Asia?

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

8. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

Is there any possibility to force the AI to use the same custom setup as the player? I ask because for example in damp conditions it necessary to increase the tyre preassure by a significant amount. The AI is driving with the standard preassure and is therefore relatively slow...

underd0g and Stains like this.
  9. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Someone's sense of humour needs a reboot.

elchshooter likes this.
  10. Captain Barracuda

Quick OT question, probably not worth it's own thread, is there a way to disable the new laps widget that sits below the MFD?

11. Stains

Stains Simracer

Why though? Why not in game?

12. Tophattingson

Tophattingson Rookie

There seems to be a stealth addition of 2020 versions of the IGTC tracks. Plus also having 2019/2020 versions of the BGTC tracks. I assume that the new DHE 2020 compound will be used for 2020 versions, but do these two versions have different BOP values? I see servers already using both, but in the case of the IGTC tracks, the server browser will just say something like "Kyalami" for the 2019 version, but "Kyalami 2020" for the 2020 version.

13. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

For now, enjoy it, until it is "in game".

I'd rather have it in this form now, than wait.

Dewald Nel, AndyK70 and sps_for_race like this.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

South Auckland represent. Shout out to my horsemen.. :cool:

15. Captain Barracuda

It's a naming only, the 2020 versions of IGTC tracks use the 2019 tyre compound. There may be some BOP tweaks though, unsure on that.

16. Captain Barracuda

I'll take this answer with a grain of salt :cool:

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

18. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

South Asia, located in Singapore. What is your ping from Australia?

Coanda likes this.
  19. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Little story - maybe it will help someone:

We have an LTE router - it gets around 4Mbps over DSL and 40Mbps over LTE.
    In the last weeks there were problems here and there, especially the Assetto Corsa forum loaded very slowly, also in ACC again and again difficulties. The children complain about WLAN problems.
    But over all not too bad.
    In ACC:
    #blameTheDevs - i thought never the problem is on our side. ACC has to much customers, its getting slow, come on devs, give me an update....
    Stats are loading slow....ergs.

Then, on Thursday, DSL didn't work at all - the fault centre said: overvoltage in the line, something is broken. On Friday, the distribution box was repaired and everything was fine again.
    WLAN - top.
    Forum - super fast.
    ACC ingame - bamm, everything immediately there.
    The router always had to process the faults first and slowed everything down terribly.

TL;DR
    First check whether everything is OK, then complain.

AndyK70 likes this.
  20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

There’s a CP server in South Asia? That would be very handy :)